Network Connection Problem
Hello,

I am having trouble staying connected to my network. I have XBMC-Live 8.10. Installed on the following hardware:

GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H - nForce 630i/NVIDIA GeForce 7100
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

I have it installed to a 4gb USB flash drive.

First a little background. I am really new at linux. So I used Google to try and find the problem but of course that just leads you into a big circle. But I finally try dmesg and it prints out:

eth0: no IPv6 routers present

So after some research I figure my router doesn't support IPv6(Whatever that is). So I disable it in alias and blacklist it.

I then try and take down the network so I type: ifdown eth0. It then says network connection not configured. So I type ifup eth0 and it goes through assigning it to a dhcp. Things are starting to look good. I ping google.com and it works. I get back into XBMC weather works and I can create a SMB connect. Everything is good.

Until I turn it off and turn it back on. For some reason my Network connection doesn't work. So I go back to terminal do a dhclient eth0. It does the dhcp thing and everything works. I am suspicious now so I restart it again and low and behold no connection.

I checked my routers page and it shows two instances of XBMC each with a different IP address but with the same MAC address. So I am guessing that I have messed something up royally.

If there is any extra information needed to diagnose the problem just let me know and I will post it up.

Thanks for the help.

~Jason

Messages In This Thread
Network Connection Problem - by End3r - 2008-12-06, 06:27
[No subject] - by End3r - 2008-12-06, 06:29
[No subject] - by topfs2 - 2008-12-06, 09:50
[No subject] - by End3r - 2008-12-06, 16:33
[No subject] - by End3r - 2008-12-06, 19:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network Connection Problem0