best machine for linux
Hello everyone. I have been using an original xbox with xbmc for a very long time...since it first began. I haven't had access to a high def tv until now. I am getting the latest and greatest 52 inch samsung lcd tv 1080p. Right now my setup is I have all my movies backed up to my computer harddrive and I stream them over the network to my xbox. Since I am getting this great tv, I would like to know what the best way is to get the best video quality out of everything. Some of my movies are blueray backups, while some are just dvdrips or hdrips. I heard that the xbox is unable to handle the streaming of blueray rips therefore I was trying to figure out what the best setup would be for me. I was thinking since the team has ported it to so many OS's (thanks so much for your hard work by the way xbmc is the best program ever developed) I was thinking of building a linux machine. I have never really built a computer before, but I am really good with computers and have disassembled them and added and taken things out and fixed them, so I understand a lot of it. I was just wondering if anyone could give me a couple of links to great linux systems which would give me the best video quality. I was thinking I could get a linux desktop and then load huge TB harddrives in it and just store everything on there and hook that up hdmi to my tv. Anyone have any ideas what I should get?

Also in the meantime, I am using my pimped out xbox (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...q=xerc+200)

I bought an original microsoft component cable which has an optical audio out. Is this the best way to get the best video out of my xbox? or is it better to hook it up the vga style homemade connectors that people have made?

I appriciate your help. Thanks for looking and thanks for XBMC its amazing.

Messages In This Thread
best machine for linux - by Bdan629 - 2009-06-03, 02:21
[No subject] - by sion28 - 2009-06-03, 02:33
[No subject] - by Bdan629 - 2009-06-03, 02:47
[No subject] - by sion28 - 2009-06-03, 03:05
[No subject] - by Bdan629 - 2009-06-03, 04:01
[No subject] - by sion28 - 2009-06-03, 06:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best machine for linux0