Transparency! slow on ATV
TeknoJnky Wrote:Just my observations, not so much a critique/demand/request/etc.

I recently bought an appletv and got xbmc on it, so I only have a couple weeks experience with it.

I've tried the latest transparency (2.01 as I recall), and observed some of the same behavior mentioned in the 1st post of topic.

In particular, I was trying to use the movie slide mode, but the horizontal scrolling was pretty slow and even still alot of times (the dvd cover) images would not be loaded as they scroll past. I realize that the fanart normally pops in the background when you pause on a movie, but the same thing happened with the dvd covers, typically only showing up when you stop.

true, in slide view i'm also loading the covers in the background. the benefit of this is that you can quickly scroll through the list, without having to wait for the cover to load first.
i'm not sure why scrolling is slow on the atv though.

TeknoJnky Wrote:I don't know if its a cache/memory issue or cpu processing, but I have ~650 movies listed when no filtering and it only takes a dozen or movies worth of scrolling for it to get behind.

Also as a side note, in slide mode when you move to the scrollbar under the movie slide, it still only moves 1 movie at a time instead of the expected page at a time.

yup, the scrollbar in slideview is broken. i'm aware of it, but haven't been able to find a fix for it yet.

TeknoJnky Wrote:And the plot window did not seem sized right (xbmc and atv set for 720p full screen).

this was an issue in xbmc and is fixed in r23204
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Messages In This Thread
Transparency! slow on ATV - by amet - 2009-09-27, 23:55
[No subject] - by ronie - 2009-09-28, 00:19
[No subject] - by amet - 2009-09-28, 00:32
[No subject] - by ronie - 2009-09-28, 01:12
[No subject] - by amet - 2009-09-28, 23:51
[No subject] - by ronie - 2009-09-29, 19:46
[No subject] - by TeknoJnky - 2009-09-29, 20:01
[No subject] - by amet - 2009-09-29, 20:37
[No subject] - by ronie - 2009-09-29, 20:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! slow on ATV0