[WINDOWS] HTPC build, need your advice?
Hi gang, I've spent a few days doing a lot of research for a new HTPC build to run XBMC in Windows. So far I've narrowed down my decisions to Intel i3 CPU, Nvidia GT 430 GPU (low profile) and 32gb SSD. All my media will be stored on a separate PC streaming over a wired network to my HTPC.

Where I'm having a hard time is deciding the form factor of my build. I like something small & compact so I'm leaning towards a mini-ITX Mobo and mini-ITX Case, but I need a recommendation for a mini-ITX case that will have ample room to support a GT430 card. Has anyone out there built such a system? If so I would love to know the mobo, case and model of GT 430 card you used.

I've also done some power calculations and it looks like I need a PSU in the 250-300W range to support an Intel i3 CPU, Mobo, one SSD and a GT 430 card. Can anyone recommend a quiet PSU or a quiet case/PSU combo?

If a mini-ITX case is out of the question to support this build then I guess I will have to go with a micro-ATX case. What would you recommend?

As far as a remote control goes I already have a Harmony so I'm leaning towards a MCE IR receiver. I don't mind buying a MCE remote/IR receiver kit but I just won't end-up using the remote. Is it worth while to look for a case which comes with a remote or am I better off buying a separate MCE remote/IR kit?

Thx for your help.
PS. I don't need a DVD/Blu-ray drive for this build.

Messages In This Thread
[WINDOWS] HTPC build, need your advice? - by aelahi - 2011-01-01, 19:20
[No subject] - by eskro - 2011-01-01, 21:29
[No subject] - by poofyhairguy - 2011-01-01, 23:08
[No subject] - by aelahi - 2011-01-02, 02:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HTPC build, need your advice?0