Problem playing/pausing w remote
groggycl Wrote:Hi, I am using xbmc 10.1 and just realized that my cheap usb ir remote is working great except that the play/pause and volume buttons aren't working...

The strange thing ids that, at least the volume buttons, aren't working in windows either, t they used to.

I don't think that just those buttons are malfunctionin, anyone have any idea about what could this be?

...the "info" button" will probably react the same way
i know exactly what you're talking about. i have a harmony remote and three other different windows media remotes and all react the same way. play/pause/info won't work. the nice thing about the harmony is that i can program it to send the "p" command for play/pause and "i" for info.

it's as if those commands are sent too fast for xbmc. if i put my hand an inch or two in front of the windows remote to sort of delay the ir signal and than press play or pause xbmc responds to them.

try it, you'll see what i mean...

i've searched and asked far and wide for many months now and never found an answer. i even bought various ir receivers including the hp, the original microsoft ir receiver and a the "mediagate". all with the same end results.

there is hope in sight ...
http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/product...ybrid.aspx

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by jhsrennie - 2011-04-06, 09:54
[No subject] - by moosenoz - 2011-04-06, 12:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing/pausing w remote0