Is the how to debug in Eclipse up to date?
Hi Folks

I am just embarking on my XBMC plugin journey. I am trying to learn Eclipse, Python and XBMC Plugins at the same time. Good fun! I have some programming background (some PHP recently, and a good deal of Java, C, SQL back about 12 years ago...)...it doesn't look TOO crazy except for maybe digging up all the XBMC docs Smile

I have got the basics up and running and have a plugin going with some empty directory items. I am about to start pulling in some images (radar + overlay images) to combine them into a movie (or run as a slideshow, not sure yet what the best approach is).

Anyways I have Aptana Studio 3 (basically Eclipse) set up and everything seem to be in the right place. I followed this guide:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...on_install
...to set up remote debugging in Eclipse. This seems to be somewhat working, except:

It doesn't seem to pause by default, as indicated in that doc - the script just runs.

Stdout is going to the right place, the Aptana console, so I can print stuff as needed

...but, I am getting:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\pysrc\pydevd.py", line 779, in trace_dispatch
    filename, base = GetFilenameAndBase(frame)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\pysrc\pydevd_file_utils.py", line 225, in GetFilenameAndBase
    filename = xbmc.translatePath(filename)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'filename' referenced before assignment
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\pysrc\pydevd.py", line 779, in trace_dispatch
    filename, base = GetFilenameAndBase(frame)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\pysrc\pydevd_file_utils.py", line 225, in GetFilenameAndBase
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'filename' referenced before assignment
    filename, base = GetFilenameAnd...

...I HAVE done the copy pysrc thing, and added the 4 lines of
Code:

Is the doc up to date or have I screwed up somehow? Is it because I am using Aptana (which I chose at it was recommended on the PyDev page as an integrated option) - rather than straight Eclipse?

It doesn't seem to cause any functional issues but I'd prefer not to have it as I'm worried that (and the fact scripts aren't starting paused) means I have stuffed up...

Any help appreciated - I just need to get over the initial environment, set up and basic structure humps so I can start making something useful!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
Is the how to debug in Eclipse up to date? - by bossanova808 - 2011-04-16, 14:53
[No subject] - by kruuth - 2011-08-19, 06:05
[No subject] - by _Pierre_ - 2011-12-04, 01:56
[No subject] - by joshua.lyon - 2012-03-07, 20:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is the how to debug in Eclipse up to date?0