New Zotac Boxes (ID81, ID80 and AD04)
Thanks for your quick reply! I already did, but i was not able to install it (as i said unfortunately i'm a Linux newbie). Now i have a working Ubuntu 11.10 OS on my Zotac but i cannot go on. Can you help me out with OpenElec?

Thanks,
b
blueboy Wrote:Thanks for your quick reply! I already did, but i was not able to install it (as i said unfortunately i'm a Linux newbie). Now i have a working Ubuntu 11.10 OS on my Zotac but i cannot go on. Can you help me out with OpenElec?

Thanks,
b

There's a guide for OpenElec here: http://lifehacker.com/5851924/openelec-i...heater-pcs

I think you just use the regular Generic link since this isn't an Nvidia ION based system. If not then just go with XBMCBuntu as that tends to work pretty well too. http://openelec.tv/news/item/232-cedartr...ew-devices
You might also want to try XBMCbuntu. Download the image

Then make a flashable USB via Unetbootin
I dunno guys....my Foxconn NT-A3500 handles everything I toss at it from a HTPC point of view. It is as fast as any of the laptops we own for surfing the web and runs XBMC Eden like butter....these seem overpriced and over powered unless you are trying to run games on it, but this is a media center community and product right?

I tried Openelec on this box, and it ran ok but it has some underscaling issues on the Fusion platform that make it unusable as a HTPC...but running Win 7 as the OS there are no problems. Plays everything
Foxconn NT-A3500 E-350 Fusion Nettop - Win7x64 Ult - XBMC Eden
nobody_here Wrote:I dunno guys....my Foxconn NT-A3500 handles everything I toss at it from a HTPC point of view. It is as fast as any of the laptops we own for surfing the web and runs XBMC Eden like butter....these seem overpriced and over powered unless you are trying to run games on it, but this is a media center community and product right?

I tried Openelec on this box, and it ran ok but it has some underscaling issues on the Fusion platform that make it unusable as a HTPC...but running Win 7 as the OS there are no problems. Plays everything

He already bought an ID80 so trying to help him get it working.

Did you try the Fusion build or a nightly? Either way I'm glad to hear it's working well for you Smile
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your reply. So finally i managed to install Openelec. I forgot that i can create the installation USB key from Win7 with a few clicks. After this installation was fine without any problems. Plus i managed the "no audio" problem. The workaround for this is to set Audio output:
- Audio output: Analog
- Speaker configuration: 2.0 (probably this setting is independent, so other settings here will work also)
- Audio output device: HDA Nvidia HDMI

Maybe this a useful information for people who bought or will buy also a Zotac Zbox ID 80.

The non-plus-ultra solution would be to install Win7 beside Openelec, but Openelec can only be installed using the whole HDD. But i can live with this... (will Install Openelec to a 8Gb Pendrive plus Win7 to the built in SATA HDD, and then i will select from what to boot at startup).

Thanks again for your help guys! Smile

Regards,

b
nooryani84 Wrote:He already bought an ID80 so trying to help him get it working.

Did you try the Fusion build or a nightly? Either way I'm glad to hear it's working well for you Smile

it was the openelec Fusion x86_64 r9916 dev build, latest Eden version built for Fusion. It didn't work out, Openelec somehow enabled underscaling on it's own which killed it for me. So I installed Win 7 and XBMC Eden RC3.
Foxconn NT-A3500 E-350 Fusion Nettop - Win7x64 Ult - XBMC Eden
Another question... Do you guys have any idea any idea why mkv files are lagging under Win7 (Professional 64bit, Zotac Zbox ID80)? It is not an xbmc issue, with VLC player playback is also poor. And it is no hardware issue, with Openelec (Linux) its all fine. Would prefer Win7...
blueboy Wrote:Another question... Do you guys have any idea any idea why mkv files are lagging under Win7 (Professional 64bit, Zotac Zbox ID80)? It is not an xbmc issue, with VLC player playback is also poor. And it is no hardware issue, with Openelec (Linux) its all fine. Would prefer Win7...

I cannot believe the answer for my problem was that stupid: hardware acceleration was not enabled... Me dumbass... Big Grin
So finally it's all fine... Smile
Would anyone running the ID80 mind running a qvdpautest and posting the results?

Download here and see README
http://hftom.free.fr/qvdpautest-0.5.1.tar.gz
Hi guys, just want to share with you some benchmarks regarding the AD-04, ID80 and ID81. Smile.

Enjoy!!

*I'm from Singapore and love ITX and Mini PC setups Smile*

http://forums.vr-zone.com/hardware-depot...450-a.html
I just got an ID81 with Celeron 857. Running the latest intel drivers and XBMC Eden on Windows 7 it has handled all except one video using hardware acceleration. Strangely enough the video in question is 720p but has bad macroblocking with hardware acceleration. I've tried a 1080p file and it worked fine. I wish i had a E450/E350 on hand to see how that would handle it.

Quite impressed with this little box, i hacked windows to allow simultaneous RDP logons and watched a movie on my TV while browsing the internet via RDP on my laptop.
As an update i tried the file on an older ION (1st gen) and my desktop with ATi 4850 graphics and both played it perfectly. I've also noticed banding on colours on the Intel, the other two chips smooth out the colour transitions but on the intel you see a line where it changes colour. It is set at 32bit desktop but i'll test some further settings.
So did anyone actually have a definitive answer for the OP's query?

I'm looking at an ID80 and AD04 (both barebones) and they are the exact same price. The AD04 seems to beat the ID80 in all the benchmarks, but when many review sites talk about real world video streaming, there's no comparison between the two.

Also, are there any compatibility issues with either one of these? I'd like to just use OpenELEC off a USB stick and stick in 2GB of DDR3 RAM.

From the benchmarks I've seen for 2700 vs E350/450 they're pretty close, the 2700 might have a slight edge in single core perf but I doubt you can tell the difference without a stop watch, I don't see why there would be difference in video streaming perf, unless one is accelerated and the other one is not.

Both of them shouldn't have any compatibility issue, the amd support in openelec is pretty good (A and E series).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Zotac Boxes (ID81, ID80 and AD04)0