• 12(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
hmmm ok I will have to to different chmods for different systems then, I think, but that's no biggie I guess.

Thanks again - the weird errors coming back from POpen were not giving me much of a clue the chmod was failing and I am most of the time working blind on the Mac side of things....

Does the server discovery bit work as well? I am guessing it will...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hello and thank you for your addon

I have the problem that squeezeslave will not start, nor out of Ubuntu, when I go into the addon folder / resources / bin / squeezeslave-XXXXX / squeezeslave SYSTEM directory I get the message "Command not found"

Do any of you have an idea for what my problem may be.

P.S. For me to see, the XBMC not made any error log, so that's why I did not attach any

Sincerely
Nikolai
Hi Nikolai

XBMC *always* makes a log, you just need to find it - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file - and then post it (pastebin.com). XBMC won't start without access to the log file....

Can you actually see the binary in that folder /addon/resources/bin/squeezeslave-version-lnx26/ ? Maybe something went wrong with the addon extraction??
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
When you are getting the "Command not found" message, are you just typing "squeezeslave-xxx"? If so, try:
Code:
./squeezeslave-xxx

You should get no errors... actually you will get no response at all... but that would mean it's functional.

Also, from within Xsqueeze, did you go through the setup and select your LMS system? And did you remember to hit "OK", and not just the back button after you change your settings. (It will not save your settings unless you choose OK)
I can't seem to install it in Crystalbuntu. I go to addons>program addons>XSqueeze, select "install" and the download/install never begins. I rebooted after installing the repo. Not sure what else I can do.
Logs. Also you could try manually installing the zip off google code

Line 12,956 starts with this:

Code:
17:59:58 T:2902174608   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://bossanova808-xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/git/repository-downloads/script.xsqueeze/fanart.jpg

Some other non-related stuff happens and then it picked up again at Line 13,234:

Code:
18:00:06 T:2969316240   DEBUG: FileManager: copy http://bossanova808-xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/git/repository-downloads/script.xsqueeze/script.xsqueeze-0.2.4.zip -> special://home/addons/packages/script.xsqueeze-0.2.4.zip
18:00:06 T:2969316240   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0x9db2740) http://bossanova808-xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/git/repository-downloads/script.xsqueeze/script.xsqueeze-0.2.4.zip
18:00:06 T:3041593072   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------
18:00:06 T:2969316240 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
18:00:06 T:2969316240   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:00:06 T:2969316240   ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </root/.xbmc/addons/packages/script.xsqueeze-0.2.4.zip>. trying lower case </root/.xbmc/addons/packages/script.xsqueeze-0.2.4.zip>

Going to google to get the zip gives me a 404:

The requested URL /git/repository-downloads/script.xsqueeze/script.xsqueeze-0.2.4.zip was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

We're at 0.4.1 IIRC so you need to force refresh the repo as it's not updating and trying to install an ancient version that isn't available anymore.

You can get the latest zips here, for both the repo and the add ons:
http://code.google.com/p/bossanova808-xb...-downloads
Hi there

This addon looks awesome. I have a quick question about this addon. Does it support iOS (appletv 2)? I have read that it does not support ios with squeezeslave. Could it be used with the other option? "As simply a big-screen visualiser/controller for an existing Squeezebox player installation (all squeezebox models can be visualised, all but Touch and Radio controlled, at time of writing)"

Tnx in advande
In theory it should work as a controller but I have no way to test it so pls try and report back (with logs if issues!)
Thanks I will give it a try later on today!
Current version is 0.4.2 - just pushed (with a tweak to get music at least playing on OSX, unfortunately server and output discovery is not yet fixed, I might need help with that...)
02:28:43 T:145436672 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
02:28:44 T:145436672 NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: ### XSqueeze Starting ...
02:28:44 T:145436672 NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: ### Author: bossanova808
02:28:44 T:145436672 NOTICE: XSqueeze-0.2.4: ### Version: 0.2.4
02:28:44 T:145436672 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
02:28:44 T:145436672 ERROR: Error Contents: (10, 'No child processes')
02:28:44 T:145436672 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.xsqueeze/default.py", line 41, in <module>
system = platform.system()
File "/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 1213, in system
return uname()[0]
File "/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 1180, in uname
processor = _syscmd_uname('-p','')
File "/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/platform.py", line 937, in _syscmd_uname
rc = f.close()
IOError: (10, 'No child processes')
02:28:57 T:99790848 NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

"No child processes"Any clues?
Ok where are you people digging up this ancient versionHuh? That's two of you that seem to be trying 0.2.4 which is weeks old - 0.4.2 is the current.

Where did you get the repo or are you installing another way?

hmmm....might be the repo on the addersion is on pages was out of date, repo current version is 0.0.8 - if you force refresh it, it should update both the repo itself and the add on, then try again...
Sorry I should have checked the version before sending in this.. :-) I will install the latest and retry!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3