• 78(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Peckinko,

Thanks for this skin. Since I discovered it last Fall, it has been a very welcome part of our life.

I thought I would report my difficulty--not to complain, but to let you know that there may be a problem.

I have been trying to install 3.1.5, but I continue to get a message about 'dependencies not being met'. My XBMC on ATV2 is updated to the latest release. I have not had any difficulty installing versions of your skin in the past. Your repository installed without a problem.

I'd be happy to send you any information that you need.

Thanks again!
sammydog69 Wrote:Firstly I have to say that the skin is now so similar to the ATV interface that I have to check to see if I'm in XBMC or not. Well done.

Just a couple of observations :
1) The view in the Movie library that began with the cover art covering the left half of the screen initially before making it shrink to the top quarter and uncovering the movie synopsis doesn't seem to exist any more. Maybe I'm missing something or the animation was removed deliberately.

2) On the ATV when you select the default action for the Quit menu item it still stays displayed as being set to "menu" on the Quartz setting page, even if you have changed it to quit.

Keep up the great work Big Grin

In relation to your first point. I also miss that view in movies. It was my default view in all my movie sections until now. Is there any way to get it back? This latest version of Quartz is of a very high standard indeed - well done! I like the improvements in the graphics very much and the skin in general seems to be faster (is it just me?).
richhy Wrote:In relation to your first point. I also miss that view in movies. It was my default view in all my movie sections until now. Is there any way to get it back? This latest version of Quartz is of a very high standard indeed - well done! I like the improvements in the graphics very much and the skin in general seems to be faster (is it just me?).

OK, I'll bring it back.

Credits for looks mostly goes to Baswazz. He really did great job.

To be quite frank it might be a bit faster but I don't know for sure as we were quite busy and I really didn't have a chance to use it much yet Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-03-11, 01:31)pecinko Wrote: Any ATV1 users out there?

I need to go to a friend that I gave my atv1 to anyway, I'll update him to quartz3 Smile Will let you know if I see any issues, but it might be a bit before I see it.
(2012-03-11, 08:07)Mr.Durham Wrote: I have been trying to install 3.1.5, but I continue to get a message about 'dependencies not being met'. My XBMC on ATV2 is updated to the latest release. I have not had any difficulty installing versions of your skin in the past. Your repository installed without a problem.
Just as another data point, I just got my atv2 back, which still had a different skin. I couldn't get quartz1, quartz2 or quartz3 to install, constantly getting the "dependencies" error. I went on a spree of updating everything, latest eden, updating the repositories, plugins, getting the same addons as on my main system, nothing worked.

Eventually I used the latest 3.0.5 zip and it did install (where it didn't before). Not sure what it was eventually, a background update, I think. I can try and go through the log come to think of it. Smile

pastebin here
(2012-03-11, 08:07)Mr.Durham Wrote: Peckinko,

Thanks for this skin. Since I discovered it last Fall, it has been a very welcome part of our life.

I thought I would report my difficulty--not to complain, but to let you know that there may be a problem.

I have been trying to install 3.1.5, but I continue to get a message about 'dependencies not being met'. My XBMC on ATV2 is updated to the latest release. I have not had any difficulty installing versions of your skin in the past. Your repository installed without a problem.

I'd be happy to send you any information that you need.

Thanks again!

+1

For those with "dependencies..." problem.

Download http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/scri...0.1.11.zip
Install it with add from ZIP (it will look like nothing happened but script will install)
Try installing skin now.
Better?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

Quartz auto-updated to 3.1.x some time over the weekend, looks good, but none of the skin settings seem to work, the only thing I can do is change what appears on the home screen. I've: rebooted, reinstalled, reset to defaults.

Also, what happened to that really nice 3-section settings page?

Cheers,

Simon.
Are you using XBMC Dharma?

If so, please update to RC2. If not I would need a debug log.

(2012-03-12, 11:54)Simian Wrote: Hi,

Quartz auto-updated to 3.1.x some time over the weekend, looks good, but none of the skin settings seem to work, the only thing I can do is change what appears on the home screen. I've: rebooted, reinstalled, reset to defaults.

Also, what happened to that really nice 3-section settings page?

Cheers,

Simon.

(2012-03-12, 10:44)pecinko Wrote: For those with "dependencies..." problem.

Install it with add from ZIP (it will look like nothing happened but script will install)
Try installing skin now.
Better?

- 3.1.6 - Released

- "Dependencies not met..." should be gone now
- Added a skin option to turn of view options dialog
- Media info with animated cover is back Smile
- Workaround for Home screen when mouse is used (Still, keyboard or remote usage recommended)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-03-12, 13:38)pecinko Wrote: Are you using XBMC Dharma?

If so, please update to RC2. If not I would need a debug log.

I'm using the latest Eden B3 based PVR build, I'll try and grab a log this evening.

Simon.
Please try with non-PVR build as well
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

- 3.1.6 - Released
- Media info with animated cover is back

Fantastic, many thanks for this...
Pecinko,
Just got 3.1.6 installed on two atv 1's ... besides that weird initial freeze that I identified in testing on atv 1 (solved by hitting the menu button once) the skin is very solid to this point. I will be playing with it this evening and will report any bugs but after an hour its looking fantastic!
Nice job. Thank You!
(2012-03-13, 00:24)dynaflash Wrote: Pecinko,
Just got 3.1.6 installed on two atv 1's ... besides that weird initial freeze that I identified in testing on atv 1 (solved by hitting the menu button once) the skin is very solid to this point. I will be playing with it this evening and will report any bugs but after an hour its looking fantastic!
Nice job. Thank You!

Nice to hear Smile

Any news from devs about that initial freeze problem?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-03-12, 10:44)pecinko Wrote: For those with "dependencies..." problem.

Try installing skin now.
Better?

So I did not install this zip, but rather went back to your repository after you put the new version up and it updated without a problem.

I LOVE the watchlist submenu item under TV. Seriously, I LOVE it. One extremely minor point. Under skin settings where you setup which playlists (or favorites) you want as submenus under the tv shows main menu, watchlist is listed at the top, however in practice when other favorites are selected to appear, watchlist appears at the bottom.

Like I said, minor and it certainly does not take away from the skin, but maybe you wanted to know.

Also, for the home menu shelf when autopopulate is selected it seems to only be grabbing recently added and no watchlist items. Did you change this due to the aforementioned watchlist submenu option?

Anyway, keep up the great work.
I know that this isn't a bug but more of a cosmetic thing. The reflection is missing.

HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12