"i" key on MCE remote doesn't bring up info page
hey sorry if this has been brought up before, couldn't find anything with searching.

XBMCbuntu RC2; Using default keymap.xml

my MCE remote works perfect, except for when in my video's, or music or whatever, the "i" (info) key doesn't bring up info page, hitting i on keyboard does, and hitting "i" key will close info page.

the "i" key works fine when playing a video, will bring up the OSD(progress bar)

now if i actually hit CTRL+D (signal I key should be sending) it will bring up the info page while in my movies libary mode.

It is a simple grey MCE remote (from Dell).
further I had no issues on WIndows

Any advice help would be appreciated.

things i have tried:
adding <d mod="ctrl">Info</d> to the my videos section of my keyboard.xml (though since it is in the <global> section shouldn't matter.

attached is log if that will help anything:
http://pastebin.com/41HmEvLH

I basically went into my movies, hit I on my keyboard brought up info, hit the "i" button my my MCE remote a bunch, Played movie pressed "i" button on remote and brought up OSD.

Thanks for looking. Smile

EDIT:
Code:
02:41:56 T:3044046592   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 594298:000000037ff07bf0 00 More mceusb (More)
02:41:56 T:3044046592   DEBUG: OnKey: launch_media_center (c3) pressed, action is
Is the code where I was hitting the "i" key (More)
It just says action is, Shouldn't it be Info here.

Fixed it.

For anyone else having this issue:

in the default remote.xml file (/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml)

under the <global> group.
there is:
Code:
<info>I</info>
I changed this to:
Code:
<info>Info</info>

and this fixed my issue. Can now use "i" key to bring up Info page.
Anyone else having this problem? I just bought a new MCE remote and I can't get the "info" key to work properly.

I checked the keyboard.xml and changed <info>Info</info> to <info>I</info> hoping that the opposite would work. But I'm not living in reverso world.

I hope someone else has had this issue and managed to fix it.

Thanks
For starters, enable debug logging in XBMC, mash the "i" button on the remote several times, and look in the log file immediately to see how, or if, XBMC detects those keypresses and what action, if any, it takes.
(2012-07-20, 22:53)artrafael Wrote: For starters, enable debug logging in XBMC, mash the "i" button on the remote several times, and look in the log file immediately to see how, or if, XBMC detects those keypresses and what action, if any, it takes.

It does the same thing as the left mouse button (also on the remote).

I'll try the debug/log thing in the AM. Thanks.
I get the same as a right mouse button click when I hit my info button. Unfortunately, it is on a linux box and I'm not savvy enough to grab debug logs from there, or even know how to edit the keymap file. On my windows boxes, it would be no problem.... so maybe I'll try to debug it there, and if I can figure out that solution,
(2012-03-17, 12:10)DanLongman Wrote: Fixed it.

For anyone else having this issue:

in the default remote.xml file (/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml)

under the <global> group.
there is:
Code:
<info>I</info>
I changed this to:
Code:
<info>Info</info>

and this fixed my issue. Can now use "i" key to bring up Info page.

(2012-07-20, 22:06)rcrh Wrote: Anyone else having this problem? I just bought a new MCE remote and I can't get the "info" key to work properly.

I checked the keyboard.xml and changed <info>Info</info> to <info>I</info> hoping that the opposite would work. But I'm not living in reverso world.

I hope someone else has had this issue and managed to fix it.

Thanks

(2013-02-09, 06:03)exoscoriae Wrote: I get the same as a right mouse button click when I hit my info button. Unfortunately, it is on a linux box and I'm not savvy enough to grab debug logs from there, or even know how to edit the keymap file. On my windows boxes, it would be no problem.... so maybe I'll try to debug it there, and if I can figure out that solution,

Probably a Hama/VRC-1100/Ortek remote which isn't a true MCE remote, the I key is hardwired to the rt mouse, you can edit mouse.xml to have the I and rt click mouse bring up info or use a different key for info.
Copy/past the below into a file called keyboard.xml in /home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps, this will make the record key, star key or close key act as info and the hash key bring up ContextMenu. You can change actions easily by editing it, it's self explanatory.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>>
<f14>VolumeDown</f14>
<f13>Mute</f13>
<numpadtimes>Info</numpadtimes> <!--star key -->
<numpadfive mod="alt">ContextMenu</numpadfive> <!--hash key -->
<return mod="alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</return> <!--Start key -->
<f4 mod="alt">Info</f4> <!--close key -->
<r mod="ctrl">Info</r> <!--record key -->
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Got this just now, unsure when it started but i have the MCE Remote receiver with the Logitech Harmony 700.

When pressing info on a movie NOTHING happens, when running debug all looks fine,

"LIRC: Pressed, action is Info"

remote.xml has this mapping for Info.

Button works and pressing Info in main menu brings up the XBMC information (network etc.)

EDIT: Info on the official XBMC Remote app for iPhone does not work with info either!!!
Found the problem, i had previously moved the Eden library to Frodo which seems to have caused the issue.

Removing the Movie sources and adding them again seems to have solved the problem!
Hmmm... I have this problem on my W7 PC, but only on certain skins. I'm using an MCE remote on the default Confluence the [i] button pulls up the context menu just like pressing Ctrl+D or I on the keyboard.

However if I switch to the Aeon Nox skin the the remote doesnt work in this way.

I've checked my remote.xml and the <info>Info</info> line of present.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"i" key on MCE remote doesn't bring up info page0