• 81(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2012-03-15, 20:55)ninian Wrote:
(2011-07-18, 17:21)pecinko Wrote: Slightly redesigned Weather, added Random Items and Cinema XP to VideoInfo.

A lot of work is involved with Weather+ so it's on hold for now.

Now, let me get that repo rockin' :-)

Where can I find the Cinema XP on the VideoInfo? Is this feature still present in the skin? I love cinema XP and this skin but want to be able to use them together.

Thanks for any help.

I will add it for next release.
(2012-03-15, 22:24)toastyghost Wrote: Would it be possible to make the media shelf a switchable option for the TV shows section? I much preferred having Watchlist up there as it let you easily progress through series of shows. I can see why some people would prefer to have recently added content but I think it'd be nice to have the choice.

This will probably stay as menu item as you can see more info that way.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi Pecinko

LiveTV as well as SuperTV are video plugins which capture live internet streams of various TV channels from around the world and let you watch them.

SuperTV is being developed by HansMayer in the Video Addins section of this as is LiveTV. Both these plugins use python code to generate epg data for the channels being broadcast but do not display correctly in quartz, they do however work perfectly in confluence both vertical and horizontal version.

If you could check this out and let us know, it should be fairly easy to encorporate a view mode where these should work as they are both getting very popular.
(2012-03-15, 23:57)Steverae Wrote: Hi Pecinko

LiveTV as well as SuperTV are video plugins which capture live internet streams of various TV channels from around the world and let you watch them.

SuperTV is being developed by HansMayer in the Video Addins section of this as is LiveTV. Both these plugins use python code to generate epg data for the channels being broadcast but do not display correctly in quartz, they do however work perfectly in confluence both vertical and horizontal version.

If you could check this out and let us know, it should be fairly easy to encorporate a view mode where these should work as they are both getting very popular.

Thank, thats the needed info. I supose those plugins should also work in skins that have no pvr support?

OK, installed LiveTV. Seems like nice add-on.

However, The way it looks like in a skin is really problem of how plugin is made. It tells skin that it contains movies... you be the judge if that is true. Seen any posters in that plugin?

Still, I do not believe that this will change on plugin side as it looks OK in Confluence. Yes I can make it look OK in that plugin but movie posters will lose some of their appeal. I will come up with something, need to think about it a bit.

EDIT:
No SuperTV support from me ATM:
1.Does not work for me
2.Seems that author made it/tested it only in Confluence
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks alot for testing these plugins mate, really appreciate your time taken, these work without any pvr support as you've found out

I'll get onto the author of supertv and see what they say aboout other skins etc
(2012-03-15, 01:06)bthusby Wrote: And now also one of the items in the watchlist missed the poster, only a black box, but this one had the screenshot though...
The other items I told about that missed the screenshot still misses them, while they move down the list.

I have tested this a bit and it does not look like skin problem to me. Either way, I'm not able to reproduce the problem. Is thumb for problematic item available outside of watchlist screen - i.e. does it show in library?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have it happen in the recently added. Sometimes in the shelf there is no thumb, but there is in the library view of new episodes. Sometimes they are not there in both views. Regardless, a refresh of the tv show episode always clears the problem.
(2012-03-17, 16:31)mediumdry Wrote: I have it happen in the recently added. Sometimes in the shelf there is no thumb, but there is in the library view of new episodes. Sometimes they are not there in both views. Regardless, a refresh of the tv show episode always clears the problem.

Which means that they are not properly fetched by script or XBMC (in case of recently added) for whatever reasons (e.g. MySQL+ATV2+large collections).

As soon as they become available (item refresh forces this) skin shows them.

**When this happens with recently added items, you can switch to Confluence and check if thumbs are missing as well.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I am just in awe guys. It looks incredible, I mean I wish that this was the default skin ATV flash's (I use XBMC on my hacked Apple TV gen 1) that the XBMC which installs initially suggested I use. Both myself and my wife absolutely love XBMC, but not nearly as much as now. This is exactly the layout that we have been looking for both in function and form.

I have an external drive connected, and I am curious if you know how, when after I hit Movies and XBMC starts to ask me to find where my media is, is there is a way that I can tell it in advance where the default folder is always located to save a few steps for myself.

I cannot repeat myself enough, this is an absolutely perfect skin. One of my favorite aspects is the ability to rename the menu titles to what I want them to be; really clever. Thank you so much, you absolutely made mine and my wife's Sunday.
(2012-03-13, 10:14)Vlaves Wrote: When a "Section" is highlighted in Quartz, there is no blue Background, On ATV there is (see attached Screenshots, the part marked red). Would it be possible to implement that in Quartz too? Or is this a bug I'm experiencing?

I also have that, running on an atv2 and there is no "mouse" option in system>input to disable as was suggested (I have only multiremote Harmony there).
(2012-03-19, 12:19)odt_x Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 10:14)Vlaves Wrote: When a "Section" is highlighted in Quartz, there is no blue Background, On ATV there is (see attached Screenshots, the part marked red). Would it be possible to implement that in Quartz too? Or is this a bug I'm experiencing?

I also have that, running on an atv2 and there is no "mouse" option in system>input to disable as was suggested (I have only multiremote Harmony there).

I also have it.. I thought it was simply removed in the latest version. I prefer to have the blue (or possible graphite Wink ) heading back.
(2012-03-19, 21:23)mediumdry Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 12:19)odt_x Wrote:

I also have it.. I thought it was simply removed in the latest version. I prefer to have the blue (or possible graphite Wink ) heading back.

Hehe blue menu background is there, but is hidden when mouse is enabled. Problem is, from a recent date, mouse is always on on Atv2 and XBMC just hides the pointer. I have made a workaround but did not test it yet. If all goes well, it will be in next release, which should have already been out, but I got ill..
(2012-03-19, 00:58)Geoff Kennedy Wrote: I cannot repeat myself enough, this is an absolutely perfect skin. One of my favorite aspects is the ability to rename the menu titles to what I want them to be; really clever. Thank you so much, you absolutely made mine and my wife's Sunday.

Many thanks for feedback.

Our family was in very similar situation year ago. It was a long and bumpy ride but I'm happy to hear there are more users out there, happy to finaly have skin for the rest of us.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have a suggestion.

Right now, nothing happens when you press context-menu in the Watchlist. Maybe the menu can be used to 'update watchlist' and 'update video library'?
The ATV2 doesn't update the watchlist automatically every time after an episode is finished watched. Most time I have to either wait a long time, restart XBMC or manually choose next episode in the TV show library.

Maybe one can choose either to update one specific Watchlist-item or all in the list.
The Real Skimshady
(2012-03-21, 00:02)bthusby Wrote: I have a suggestion.

Right now, nothing happens when you press context-menu in the Watchlist. Maybe the menu can be used to 'update watchlist' and 'update video library'?
The ATV2 doesn't update the watchlist automatically every time after an episode is finished watched. Most time I have to either wait a long time, restart XBMC or manually choose next episode in the TV show library.

Maybe one can choose either to update one specific Watchlist-item or all in the list.

I have very limited control over context menu but it is technically possible to add it to view options menu (what you get by pressing left and right on vertical views). Question is wether it should be there and I'm not certain about this. If the script is not functioning as it should making workarounds in skin is probably not the best way to solve this.

Watchlist script can take quite some time on large libraries on startup - even as much as 10-15sec. After this it should just monitor changes and make quick updates to list as needed. If you manually start this script on slower device with large library you may as well go for a coffee break until it's finished.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-03-21, 12:25)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 00:02)bthusby Wrote: I have a suggestion.

I have very limited control over context menu but it is technically possible to add it to view options menu (what you get by pressing left and right on vertical views). Question is wether it should be there and I'm not certain about this. If the script is not functioning as it should making workarounds in skin is probably not the best way to solve this.

Watchlist script can take quite some time on large libraries on startup - even as much as 10-15sec. After this it should just monitor changes and make quick updates to list as needed. If you manually start this script on slower device with large library you may as well go for a coffee break until it's finished.

The problem is that these quick updates often don't work. It's not just a delay, because I have waited for a long time just to be sure. It is not corrected until next full update. Of course I hope for a real sollution for this.

I think it would be a nice shortcut to be able to force updates for both watchlist and library right there inside the watchlist Smile But if I'm the only one.....

The Real Skimshady
(2012-03-21, 16:32)bthusby Wrote: The problem is that these quick updates often don't work. It's not just a delay, because I have waited for a long time just to be sure. It is not corrected until next full update. Of course I hope for a real sollution for this.

I think it would be a nice shortcut to be able to force updates for both watchlist and library right there inside the watchlist Smile But if I'm the only one.....

I just tried it on my ATV2 and everything worked as it should. Thus, I really suspect your problems could be MySQL related.

However, if you put this in you keymap.xml (take a look at wiki for more info on custom mappings on ATV2 SILVER remote) :

PHP Code:
<window1113>
    <
joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <
button id="7">UpdateLibrary(video)</button>
      <
button id="8">RunScript(script.watchlist,movies=false&amp;episodes=true&amp;albums=false&amp;limit=10)</button>
     </
joystick>
  </
window1113

you will be able to run video Library update by holding SELECT and re-run script by holding MENU, while in watch list window. This will not alter any other mapping and it won't work outside of watch list window.

Give it a try and tell me what are your findings.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12