• 35(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
Ok, new to the forums and XMBC. I am trying to get this set up with a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe. The issue I am currently having is when I try to get to the CetonTV web interface 2.8 I don't have any of the guide information. I have followed the step (hopefully verbatim). I have tried it several times with the same result. If in a webpage, I change to the Iphone compatible view, I can see channel information (with Chrome, but not IE) but it tries to download a file when I click on the box.
(2012-03-19, 22:03)jfoley Wrote: Ok, new to the forums and XMBC. I am trying to get this set up with a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe. The issue I am currently having is when I try to get to the CetonTV web interface 2.8 I don't have any of the guide information. I have followed the step (hopefully verbatim). I have tried it several times with the same result. If in a webpage, I change to the Iphone compatible view, I can see channel information (with Chrome, but not IE) but it tries to download a file when I click on the box.

Ok you'll have to fill me in on somethings so I can help you, inside remoteCeton/resources folder what files are listed there? The iPhone view is meant to only work on mobile devices so the computer browser will not render them correctly... The 2.8 web GUI utilizes vlc plugin to play the video, which chrome doesn't support.. So ie and Firefox will be the way to go but if chrome is a must then right click on the channel you would like to watch and select "copy shortcut" (something along those lines) and inside windows media player press control+u and then control+v (tells windows media player to open URL and then paste the shortcut) and them press ok and it should work

I have a "Logos" folder, "affiliates.xml", "channelmap.csv", "logomapper.exe", "logos.xml", "mc2xml.dat", "mc2xml.exe", "xmltv.xml".

I have also tried IE and it isn't working either. Pretty much the same result in IE. I VLC 2.0.1 installed with a "Complete" install. I assume this includes the IE plugin. None the less, I think I have two issues. First, the channel information isn't displaying and the second is the video play back in the web.

Should we take this to a private conversation?
(2012-03-19, 22:28)europorsche914 Wrote: The 2.8 web GUI utilizes vlc plugin to play the video, which chrome doesn't support..

It's working for me in Chrome, no problems whatsoever...
(2012-03-19, 22:31)jfoley Wrote: I have a "Logos" folder, "affiliates.xml", "channelmap.csv", "logomapper.exe", "logos.xml", "mc2xml.dat", "mc2xml.exe", "xmltv.xml".

I have also tried IE and it isn't working either. Pretty much the same result in IE. I VLC 2.0.1 installed with a "Complete" install. I assume this includes the IE plugin. None the less, I think I have two issues. First, the channel information isn't displaying and the second is the video play back in the web.

uspino Wrote:It's working for me in Chrome, no problems whatsoever...

@uspino good I'm glad to here that and bad cause I gotta solve that issue with the other computer lol

@jfoley if it's ok with you we can solve it here so all can benefit Wink plus I'll be busy for a couple hours and someone else may chime in in the mean time. Ok so can you tell us:
1. Version of IE
2. Has remoteCeton been granted the ports it requires by windows firewall?
3. Do you have any other firewall/antivirus software
4. Please use the code tag and copy/paste what is displayed in the remoteCeton command window when the program first runs and after opening the webgui in IE
5. And just to confirm you have not created a custom channelmap.csv file correct.

That's a good start
(2012-03-19, 22:31)jfoley Wrote: I have a "Logos" folder, "affiliates.xml", "channelmap.csv", "logomapper.exe", "logos.xml", "mc2xml.dat", "mc2xml.exe", "xmltv.xml".

hmm missing epgdata.db, try restarting the ceton program
if that doesnt work, i'll help when i get home

Edit:

@europorsche914: i might rename your file ipad.html... the iphone doesnt have the screen real estate like the ipad does.
maybe a redesign is needed...
something like this for iphone? http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012...ive-tv.jpg
and this for ipad? http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/wp-content/u...r_ipad.jpg
and i need to fix airplay video for iOS web app Smile
(2012-03-19, 06:52)xboxbox451 Wrote: I might be doing something wrong, but I can't find the PVR Clients under installed add-ons. I'm running a Windows XBMC build compiled on 3.14.12, can't give a revision number since it displays as Git-Unknown.

SETUP XBMC PVR plugin
1. Copy pvr.cetontv to %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons <-- Did this, though there's no folder named "pvr.cetontv", just a folder named "pvr.ceton", which is what I copied into add-ons.

2. Open XBMC

3. Go to Add-ons <-- I'm assuming you want me to go to "System > Addons", which is where I went looking for PVR clients.

4. Go to Installed Add-ons <-- I don't show "Installed Add-ons", I do show "Enabled Add-ons", and when I go into that I cannot find "PVR Clients".

5. Go to PVR Clients

I have the same problem. Is this supposed to only be for those that use the PVR branch of XBMC? Perhaps there is a missing instruction for PVR source download listed in first post?
(2012-03-19, 22:57)europorsche914 Wrote:

uspino Wrote:It's working for me in Chrome, no problems whatsoever...

@uspino good I'm glad to here that and bad cause I gotta solve that issue with the other computer lol

@jfoley if it's ok with you we can solve it here so all can benefit Wink plus I'll be busy for a couple hours and someone else may chime in in the mean time. Ok so can you tell us:
1. Version of IE
2. Has remoteCeton been granted the ports it requires by windows firewall?
3. Do you have any other firewall/antivirus software
4. Please use the code tag and copy/paste what is displayed in the remoteCeton command window when the program first runs and after opening the webgui in IE
5. And just to confirm you have not created a custom channelmap.csv file correct.

That's a good start

Ok, here it goes.

1) IE 9.0
2) Windows Firewall has been turned off for a few days, still have the problem
3) No other firewalls/AV at this point. Fresh build of PC
4) ===================================================
Initializing : remoteCeton v1.9.9 | mcheng827@gmail
===================================================

Found Device: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-5b-3c)
Ceton: Loaded channel map from file
Tuner[1]: Loading tuner from device
Tuner[1]: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-5b-3c) Tuner 1
Tuner[3]: Loading tuner from device
Tuner[3]: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-5b-3c) Tuner 3
Tuner[4]: Loading tuner from device
Tuner[4]: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-5b-3c) Tuner 4
Server: Starting up scheduler thread
Server: Starting up listener thread
Server: Press enter to shutdown...

5)===================================================
Initializing : remoteCeton v1.9.9 | mcheng827@gmail

Found Device: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-5b-3c)
Ceton: Loaded channel map from file
Tuner[1]: Loading tuner from device
Tuner[1]: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-5b-3c) Tuner 1
Tuner[3]: Loading tuner from device
Tuner[3]: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-5b-3c) Tuner 3
Tuner[4]: Loading tuner from device
Tuner[4]: Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-5b-3c) Tuner 4
Server: Starting up scheduler thread
Server: Starting up listener thread
Server: Press enter to shutdown...
Server: Client requested file 'index.html'
Server: Client requested channel map data

I have not created a custom channel list, yet.
@jfoley: check your settings file Smile
is epg enabled?

Code:
#Allow downloading of programming guide data
#Valid values are true or false
EPG_ENABLED=true
#Sets the hour of day to download the epg. This is downloaded daily
#Values are from 0 to 23.
EPG_HOUR_OF_DAY=4
(2012-03-20, 02:20)mcheng89 Wrote: @jfoley: check your settings file Smile
is epg enabled?

Code:
#Allow downloading of programming guide data
#Valid values are true or false
EPG_ENABLED=true
#Sets the hour of day to download the epg. This is downloaded daily
#Values are from 0 to 23.
EPG_HOUR_OF_DAY=4

Wow, how about that! Works now! I know at one point I had it enabled. Thanks so much for the help. It appears I am set!

(2012-03-19, 05:53)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 05:29)DarkApathy Wrote: I'm running it on Apple TV - Is there a reason the video stops on my tv after 30 minutes or so (remoteCeton is still running, and python is still running - just no picture and i have to exit python and go back in)? Is it because there isn't any activity? i.e. change channels. If so, could i turn that off?

does remoteceton shutdown the tuner stream or is it just the plugin stopping?

Nothing changes on remoteceton just says "Scheduler: Checking for tasks to run" and "Scheduler: Sleeping 90 seconds until next task".

So, I think the plugin just stops? It's weird cause the plugin is still running, it just goes back to where i click "CetonTV (PSeudoTV for Ceton)", but I need to exit (Hit the Menu button) and the click on "CetonTV..."
(2012-03-19, 22:59)mcheng89 Wrote:

hmm missing epgdata.db, try restarting the ceton program
if that doesnt work, i'll help when i get home

Edit:

@europorsche914: i might rename your file ipad.html... the iphone doesnt have the screen real estate like the ipad does.
maybe a redesign is needed...
something like this for iphone? http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012...ive-tv.jpg
and this for ipad? http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/wp-content/u...r_ipad.jpg
and i need to fix airplay video for iOS web app Smile

I like the ones in the links, maybe that is the route it should go, the same things im adding to it are there but laid out better

EDIT: downloading sencha touch now, ill mess with it
Ok, I am now onto a different issue. I am trying to reduce the resolution from "Original" to anything else it will not stream? Is this normal? I am trying to get it configured so I can view outside of my network and I doubt I will be able to stream 1080p across a WAN?

Also, I see a lot of Ipad/Iphone support, anything for Android?
(2012-03-20, 03:58)jfoley Wrote: Ok, I am now onto a different issue. I am trying to reduce the resolution from "Original" to anything else it will not stream? Is this normal? I am trying to get it configured so I can view outside of my network and I doubt I will be able to stream 1080p across a WAN?

not sure why your having issues, but when changing resolution/bitrate (or tuner) from original, it must occur right before clicking on the channel you want to watch, this is because when switching between pages the settings go back to the default (which is original).
(2012-03-20, 03:58)jfoley Wrote: Ok, I am now onto a different issue. I am trying to reduce the resolution from "Original" to anything else it will not stream? Is this normal? I am trying to get it configured so I can view outside of my network and I doubt I will be able to stream 1080p across a WAN?

Not sure about the transcoding issue... whats the specs for your computer?
Android ICS works great on my hp touchpad Smile (same web app as iOS)

@DarkApathy: I'm not sure right now... I'll look into it tomrorow. I havent made any progress today Smile
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10