XBMC keeps minimizing to task bar
Hi folks

I'm having a problem that just started a few days ago. XBMC keeps minimizing to the task bar at what seems to be either random times, or it may be whenever the use of "Artwork Downloader" is employed - I'm not sure. I've posted this in the AD thread without response.
It seems to be whenever i mess with any kind of thumbs or artwork that this happens - from fullscreen, to a minimized state in the taskbar. It will also happen while watching videos occasionally.

I'm using Eden RC2, on Vista 64, with an AMD 6450 gpu.

Here is a short log where the minimizing happens twice. I notice all kinds of errors in the log, but I don't know how to interpret them...

http://pastebin.com/KAiESnxg

Thanks for the help!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Same issue with Eden RC2, Windows 7 64bits and nvidia card

I found this issue with things in the toolbar trying to steal focus. Mine was Java update. Try closing as many things in the taskbar as possible and seeing if that helps.
@thrak76: in Eden the debug log will tell you what other app is stealing the focus, but you need to enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging.

If you enable debug logging, wait for a focus steal, then post the debug log I'll have a look and tell you what is stealing the focus.

JR
Now this is weird... I rebooted the PC, started XBMC and enabled debug logging, and the problem seems to have vanished! Strange.

I'll be sure to post the log here if it reoccurs. It was quite annoying!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-03-21, 13:23)jhsrennie Wrote: @thrak76: in Eden the debug log will tell you what other app is stealing the focus, but you need to enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging.

If you enable debug logging, wait for a focus steal, then post the debug log I'll have a look and tell you what is stealing the focus.

JR

Hi,

I am facing the same problem with the final version of Eden. I turned on debug logging but I haven't found the line
in the log where the offending app/process is mentioned, What would be a good string to search for?

Regards

Matthias
*bump*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC keeps minimizing to task bar0