• 25(current)
Supert tv heeeeelp!
--- Or decent public transport, or public schools that are properly funded, or a social and welfare system that cares about it's population or a decent pension, or any of the normal things that makes up society and not just for buying "stuff." ---

That version of European social democracy has long been junked as we all pay for the banksters and their sidekick politicians.
Hi,

Running XBMC RC2 on Windows Vista 64-bit SP2. The plugin is crashing back to the XBMC home screen when trying to open a stream. I deleted the userdata folder, and let XBMC rebuild it, but it did the same thing. Getting an Access Violation:Reading Location error, which I'm somewhat sure is the source of the problem.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/GPU765kh

Any ideas on what the Access Violation could be referring to?

Thanks!
(2012-03-22, 16:51)mumu Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 13:11)HansMayer Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 10:27)mumu Wrote: that's because internet sucks in italy.
sky should have a solid 2,5 - 3mbit constant bandwidth available to avoid buffering.
Actually, I was quite impressed by their 42.2MBit/s pay-as-you-go HSDPA+ flatrate service for ‌~$40/mo the last time I visited Italy, with 7.2MBit/s is available in every nook and cranny for approx. a nickel per month. They surely give AT&T a run for their money.

This is the TEORIC available bandwidth.
Real life speed is often different in both mobile and DSL connections.
They often do overselling to keep prices low, this impacts the performances in peak hours when a lot of people is connected.
Of course. But anywhere near a mid-sized town, I still got speeds that exceeded 14.4MBit/s, and in the virtually everywhere in the middle of nowhere the connection was reliable at 7.2Mbit/s. You're lost somewhere along the Via Appia with Roman legions walking past you? No problem, pull out your phone/laptop and look up 'SPQR'.
(2012-03-22, 20:32)dlake02 Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 16:51)mumu Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 13:11)HansMayer Wrote: Actually, I was quite impressed by their 42.2MBit/s pay-as-you-go HSDPA+ flatrate service for ‌~$40/mo the last time I visited Italy, with 7.2MBit/s is available in every nook and cranny for approx. a nickel per month. They surely give AT&T a run for their money.

This is the TEORIC available bandwidth.
Real life speed is often different in both mobile and DSL connections.
They often do overselling to keep prices low, this impacts the performances in peak hours when a lot of people is connected.

Anyway for a solid streaming experience, it is more important stability than peak bandwidth.
With my 8Mbit DSL I often reach almost 900Kbyte/s in download then you could say that a 3Mbit/s streaming should not a problem.
But the most important thing in streaming is that I NEVER drop below that limit or the buffer gets emptied.

From What I have experienced with other providers too is that in peak hours is very difficult to never drop below 3Mbit

Ha - you lot want to try living in the "Land of the Free !!!" - (actually, they mean "Land of the Expensive")

Even though it claims to be a developed nation, the US has absolutely TERRIBLE internet service (expensive, slow, very, very few choices),virtually non-existent mobile phone service at decent speeds and again HORRENDOUSLY expensive compared to certainly what I'm used to in Europe.

The infrastructure and choice we have in Europe we should be VERY proud of.... Even my "$20Mbit/s" Comcast cable circuit (over $70/month !!!!) only gives me about 13Mbit/s at best - down to 2Mbit/s in the evenings. Compare to the 22Mbit/s ADSL circuit I have back in the UK at the equivalent of $22/month. And there I have a choice of about 150 providers - here I have one cable, and two DSL (DSL at 1Mbit/s down !!!!! from Sonic and AT&T, no plans to upgrade, etc, etc).

Oh - I live in Silicon Valley, in case you were wondering.....
Did you try FiOS and Cox?
(2012-03-22, 22:38)crawl Wrote: Hi,

Running XBMC RC2 on Windows Vista 64-bit SP2. The plugin is crashing back to the XBMC home screen when trying to open a stream. I deleted the userdata folder, and let XBMC rebuild it, but it did the same thing. Getting an Access Violation:Reading Location error, which I'm somewhat sure is the source of the problem.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/GPU765kh

Any ideas on what the Access Violation could be referring to?

Thanks!
That looks like a bug in XBMC, try reporting via the official channels.

On another note: The New Cable-TV Guy: Intel.
Whatever they'll come up with, I will of course try to meet and exceed with SuperTV Image

(2012-03-22, 23:13)HansMayer Wrote: Of course. But anywhere near a mid-sized town, I still got speeds that exceeded 14.4MBit/s, and in the virtually everywhere in the middle of nowhere the connection was reliable at 7.2Mbit/s. You're lost somewhere along the Via Appia with Roman legions walking past you? No problem, pull out your phone/laptop and look up 'SPQR'.

Hans, are you from Italy? (your name doesn't sound italian Smile
I have a decent 8Mbit DSL (around 6 real-life-Mbit checked on speedtest.net).
When I open a Sky Cinema 720p stream and hit "o" key I read that the stream fluctuates between 0,5 and 3 mbit.
Of course if the "down curve" is too long the buffer gets emptied.

Then the possible answers are two:
- blame the streaming server
- blame the internet provider

Since it seems that a few people here is experiencing the rebuffer problem, I would exclude the streaming server.

As a side note I live in mid-sized town (north-east of Italy, the Via Appia goes from Rome to south Smile
A little update: italian sky channels don't work...
Hi
Does Super TV work with any skin?
Only confluence afaik
(2012-03-23, 01:41)jonnypa Wrote: A little update: italian sky channels don't work...

Now they are working! :-)
(2012-03-23, 13:51)jonnypa Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 01:41)jonnypa Wrote: A little update: italian sky channels don't work...

are you sure? they don't work for me......

(2012-03-23, 16:16)peppe_sr Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 13:51)jonnypa Wrote:

same for me Sad

also the stream of Cielo has not been working lately.
the one on freeetv.com works well:
http://www.freeetv.com/modules.php?name=...ch&id=3090
(2012-03-23, 16:20)mumu Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 16:16)peppe_sr Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 13:51)jonnypa Wrote: Now they are working! :-)

same for me Sad

also the stream of Cielo has not been working lately.
the one on freeetv.com works well:
http://www.freeetv.com/modules.php?name=...ch&id=3090

I'm watching fox now and it works...not buffering...perfect! Try to reboot xbmc...
(2012-03-23, 17:50)jonnypa Wrote: I'm watching fox now and it works...not buffering...perfect! Try to reboot xbmc...

we are talking about sky channels not fox discovery etc..
peppe
(2012-03-23, 18:37)peppe_sr Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 17:50)jonnypa Wrote: I'm watching fox now and it works...not buffering...perfect! Try to reboot xbmc...

we are talking about sky channels not fox discovery etc..
peppe

Excuse me I didn't understand. These channels don't work...and I'm quite sure that they won't work for a long time...
Bug: Failure to play mmsh links.

rtmpgui+ incorrectly adds "live=1" to mmsh links.
mmsh is just mms through port 80.

Edit: Here is the patch.

Open up "main.py" in "...addons/plugin.video.rtmpGUIplus/resources/lib" and change this:

Code:
if stream.findtext('advanced','').find('live=') == -1 and rtmplink.find('mms://') == -1:

to this:

Code:
if stream.findtext('advanced','').find('live=') == -1 and rtmplink.find('mms://') == -1 and rtmplink.find('mmsh://') == -1:
Hi all, I am new here and this my first question so please do not shoot me if it is a daft one or has already been answered, here goes.
I have got this installed and working ok in windows but the only issue I am having is that when watching a stream I cannot get the menu up at the top which lets me exit the stream and go back to main menu, I have to crash out of xbmc, is there a fix for this?

*EDIT* I have just had the stop menu come up on one stream but as soon as I hit stop XBMC just closed completely without any warning??**

Also does anybody know of a stream to be able to watch racing UK? I am desperate to get this channel working again.

Thanks for your time
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supert tv heeeeelp!13