• 95(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Hey,

Just bought this app, wonderful app, have a few suggestions I have and maybe a few issues I have seen:

1. The play button on the header always stays as the play icon even if the item is paused. The remote shows the pause/play icon.
2. If an item (album) does not have a poster or fanart, the spinning "loading" icon never disappears
3. Clicking on the fanart area for items w/o fanart just loads a black screen.
4. Option to always stay in icon mode for the left selection panel (ie, even when you click on Dashboard).
5. Option to replace the dashboard home screen with remote control controls and or option to show more details (poster/info/etc) for the currently playing item etc.
6. Remember last scroll position even if you go to another category (ie go to Movies back to Albums, albums is back up top)
7. The header which shows the now playing text bobbing back and forth is too distracting and, depending on the size of the text, bobs back and forth way to fast.
8. Option for albums to not show fanart...as most of my albums don't have fanart the cd cover is shown twice, maybe that space can be used to display track information a little better as it seems the font is really small for that, as are the buttons. Or maybe if no fanart exits and you show the poster in the fanart area, don't show the poster again next to the album list, maybe use that area to show the play/queue buttons when a track is selected.
9. I click on "Flush Image Cache" to see what it did, and now for some reason I am not getting any images displayed for anything anymore. Deleting and then reinstalling the app fixed it (both status icons were green at the time this happened).
10. The Video Playlist never seems to clear...even if nothing is playing and hitting clear it always shows the last played item.
11. Increase font size for song tracks in albums, it's way to small.
12. Once you enter a collection, I don't see a way to go back to the movies view.
13. Show skip forward/back buttons on the main header along with the play and ff/rw you already have
14. The remote or the header do not show poster image for currently playing track even if the poster exists.
15. Maybe improve the quality of the cached thumbnail images for posters for movies etc...as some of them look blurry when shown as fanart in the detail view when the item does not have any fanart. It looks like the size it is cached at is the size shown on the dashboard (as it looks crisp there)..but when going to movie or album view the posters look blurry.
16. Option to view Smart Playlist, as I separate my collection (Kids/English/Hindi etc). Maybe an option to also allow adding individual smart playlist to the main menu.

Using iPad 2 with the latest nightly of openElec.

Thanks for listening.

Take Care
Hi Guys,

I'm using constellation long Time but there is one option every time miss:
Is there any way to add a complete folder to the playlist? Or is there any way to select a stored playlist?

Another question is how to select a complete folder of pictures to start a diashow?

Thanks in advance
Thomas
Got pro, ipnone 4S

keyboard for searches dont work (in addons on the screen)

atv2 4.3 JB + eden rc2

login: xbmc, no pass

on previous version was worked

any ideas?
Bought full pro version yesterday. Great on iPad3, but virtually useless on iPhone 3GS because of the syncing. Mostly more than 5 minutes before app is ready (pretty large db).
Would be great to just have a local db and the option to sync only on demand...
Just installed the newest xbmc on my windows 7 and constellation on iPad 3.
On the iPad scrolling through the movies and tv shows is a bit choppy. Switching between menu items is also choppy. It seems to become more fluent if I switch between menu items a number of times.
Is it supposed to be a bit choppy, or am I doing something wrong here?
(2012-03-23, 08:46)Burbulence Wrote: Are your mac router iPad 3 and atv all on the same gateway/DNS?

Just out of curiosity why is your atv on a different ip range?

I'm sharing my connection from my wireless using Mac osx Internet sharing option.
Same subnet, and can access the ip from the Mac, just not iPad.

I tried changing ip, but it failed. MiGht go buy a router instead.
(2012-03-21, 13:05)FSS_Dawid Wrote: Nice to know someone uses this Smile It's Called Lock Screen integration you can enable it via app settings (iDevice-->settings-->Lock Screen integration)

Regards

I must be doing something wrong because I can't find this option. Closest option I've found is called Override Lockscreen. What am I missing? I am using the latest version of Constellation on an IPad 2 with iOS 5.01.
XBMC 10.1 | Constellation | Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell m1330 | Core2Duo 2.66Ghz | 3GB RAM | 2 TB Network Storage
Am I the only one with missing movies then? This seems odd as all other XBMC apps work fine and display all movies.

The strange thing is the movies appear in the dashboard and when the filter is set to anything but 'label'.

Hope this can be solved!
Proud to have software induced insomnia.

(2012-03-25, 09:32)DaPhatty Wrote: I must be doing something wrong because I can't find this option. Closest option I've found is called Override Lockscreen. What am I missing? I am using the latest version of Constellation on an IPad 2 with iOS 5.01.

I think lock screen integration was added by apple in ios 5.1, (camera) thatll be why you can't see the option.

Id like to point out the constellation forums again... linked in my sig... I want to help you guys and the info being discussed over there makes it easier to find than all crammed into 1 thread here!
(2012-03-25, 20:39)markswift Wrote: Am I the only one with missing movies then? This seems odd as all other XBMC apps work fine and display all movies.

The strange thing is the movies appear in the dashboard and when the filter is set to anything but 'label'.

Hope this can be solved!

You a seem to be the only 1 with this problem Confused I'm scratching my head trying to reproduce it, can you provide a break down of your system, usefull screenshots how you have your movies organised, basically how you go from new movie file to seeing it in your library,
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
If I wanted to create the custom command to toggle XBMC between fullscreen and a reduced window (the '\' backslash button), how would I do this? I wasn't able to find a built-in function for this, and while the '\' button is in the "XBMC Special key" section in Constellation, setting it up as a custom button doesn't do anything (pressing that key on my physical keyboard definitely toggles the screen between fullscreen/reduced). I realize that there were/are some issues with programming standard key presses (even though this isn't a "standard key"), so I'm curious if this is part of that problem.

I also checked how the '\' key is programmed in the keyboard.xml file and it's definitely coded as the ToggleFullScreen command. Does the keyboard.xml affect only my physical keyboard, or also the on-screen iPad keyboard within Constellation?

Thanks in advance!
Is there a possibility to add map a keyboard command S to the remote? I hide my settings screen (to avoid others messing things up) so it would be nice to hit S at the home screen for the Settings context menu like i can with my regular keyboard.

Thanks
(2012-03-24, 04:25)fatal. Wrote: Hey,

Just bought this app, wonderful app, have a few suggestions I have and maybe a few issues I have seen:

1. The play button on the header always stays as the play icon even if the item is paused. The remote shows the pause/play icon.
2. If an item (album) does not have a poster or fanart, the spinning "loading" icon never disappears
3. Clicking on the fanart area for items w/o fanart just loads a black screen.
4. Option to always stay in icon mode for the left selection panel (ie, even when you click on Dashboard).
5. Option to replace the dashboard home screen with remote control controls and or option to show more details (poster/info/etc) for the currently playing item etc.
6. Remember last scroll position even if you go to another category (ie go to Movies back to Albums, albums is back up top)
7. The header which shows the now playing text bobbing back and forth is too distracting and, depending on the size of the text, bobs back and forth way to fast.
8. Option for albums to not show fanart...as most of my albums don't have fanart the cd cover is shown twice, maybe that space can be used to display track information a little better as it seems the font is really small for that, as are the buttons. Or maybe if no fanart exits and you show the poster in the fanart area, don't show the poster again next to the album list, maybe use that area to show the play/queue buttons when a track is selected.
9. I click on "Flush Image Cache" to see what it did, and now for some reason I am not getting any images displayed for anything anymore. Deleting and then reinstalling the app fixed it (both status icons were green at the time this happened).
10. The Video Playlist never seems to clear...even if nothing is playing and hitting clear it always shows the last played item.
11. Increase font size for song tracks in albums, it's way to small.
12. Once you enter a collection, I don't see a way to go back to the movies view.
13. Show skip forward/back buttons on the main header along with the play and ff/rw you already have
14. The remote or the header do not show poster image for currently playing track even if the poster exists.
15. Maybe improve the quality of the cached thumbnail images for posters for movies etc...as some of them look blurry when shown as fanart in the detail view when the item does not have any fanart. It looks like the size it is cached at is the size shown on the dashboard (as it looks crisp there)..but when going to movie or album view the posters look blurry.
16. Option to view Smart Playlist, as I separate my collection (Kids/English/Hindi etc). Maybe an option to also allow adding individual smart playlist to the main menu.

Using iPad 2 with the latest nightly of openElec.

Thanks for listening.

Take Care

O_o thank your vary much for this review. We will try to implement Most of your request some of them will get to 2.2. I will keep you posted.

(2012-03-24, 08:49)Tomk211 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I'm using constellation long Time but there is one option every time miss:
Is there any way to add a complete folder to the playlist? Or is there any way to select a stored playlist?

Another question is how to select a complete folder of pictures to start a diashow?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Have you tried holding your finger on a folder in the files view ?

(2012-03-24, 10:12)didme Wrote: Got pro, ipnone 4S

keyboard for searches dont work (in addons on the screen)

atv2 4.3 JB + eden rc2

login: xbmc, no pass

on previous version was worked

any ideas?

Will be fixed with the next update.

(2012-03-24, 21:48)stanleyBE Wrote: Bought full pro version yesterday. Great on iPad3, but virtually useless on iPhone 3GS because of the syncing. Mostly more than 5 minutes before app is ready (pretty large db).
Would be great to just have a local db and the option to sync only on demand...

This will be done after 2.2 is released

(2012-03-24, 23:02)Mareck Wrote: Just installed the newest xbmc on my windows 7 and constellation on iPad 3.
On the iPad scrolling through the movies and tv shows is a bit choppy. Switching between menu items is also choppy. It seems to become more fluent if I switch between menu items a number of times.
Is it supposed to be a bit choppy, or am I doing something wrong here?

Well We have just begun testing the app on the 3gen iPad I and what can I say iPad 2 is a lot snappier in all apps especially when it comes to rendering. we will have to find another way to process image resizing and caching as the iPad 3 doesn't seem to do it very well. the CPU performance is the same as in iPad 2 but it has to twice the work with the same CPU power. We will do everything in our power to get this smoke on the 3 gen iPad but for now i miss the iPad 2 response times ... Sad

(2012-03-25, 20:39)markswift Wrote: Am I the only one with missing movies then? This seems odd as all other XBMC apps work fine and display all movies.

Hope this can be solved!
hmm what version of constellation are you using ? There was a problem with this in v1.9.1.

(2012-03-26, 12:21)trdmlc Wrote: Is there a possibility to add map a keyboard command S to the remote? I hide my settings screen (to avoid others messing things up) so it would be nice to hit S at the home screen for the Settings context menu like i can with my regular keyboard.

Thanks
You can try by:
This vill be available for iPhone in v2.2 on the iPad you can try: Custom commands --> XBMC Standard key or XBMC BUILTIN ...
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
Hi,

I am using the latest version on an iPad 1 (Shows as Version 5 in the App settings).

My XBMC installation is on the same system as the drives. I am using Version 11 Final. The folder layout is as follows:

Drive / Movies / Movie Name [Year] / Movie Name [Year].extension

Metainfo is obtained using the built in scraper. All movies appears in XBMC Commander without issue and on the web interface, they also appear in XBMC Constellation using any filter but 'label'! I've also tried a complete restore of the iPad which made no difference.

Mark

(2012-03-25, 22:47)Burbulence Wrote:
(2012-03-25, 09:32)DaPhatty Wrote: I must be doing something wrong because I can't find this option. Closest option I've found is called Override Lockscreen. What am I missing? I am using the latest version of Constellation on an IPad 2 with iOS 5.01.

I think lock screen integration was added by apple in ios 5.1, (camera) thatll be why you can't see the option.

Id like to point out the constellation forums again... linked in my sig... I want to help you guys and the info being discussed over there makes it easier to find than all crammed into 1 thread here!

Hope this can be solved!

You a seem to be the only 1 with this problem Confused I'm scratching my head trying to reproduce it, can you provide a break down of your system, usefull screenshots how you have your movies organised, basically how you go from new movie file to seeing it in your library,

Proud to have software induced insomnia.

(2012-03-26, 18:08)markswift Wrote: ...All movies appears in XBMC Commander without issue and on the web interface, they also appear in XBMC Constellation using any filter but 'label'!...

Hi,

I have the same problems.
I'm using xbmc 11.0 and constellation on ipad2.
any chance on making a different view in the youtube section like the youtube app

this could be thumbnail view (you would fit more videos onto the screen without scrolling) pretty much just bigger thumbnails....

this could be list view

could this be something we could add??
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5