• 22(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
(2012-04-01, 19:53)Tolriq Wrote: @warlion : no problem there's no delay Smile

@robl45 : I'll make a small change in next version to try something, but it seems that all goes ok but the backuped file got corrupted or Android fails at restoring it Sad

But most important it seems there's a problem with the Play Store, since this happens on a Sunday i suppose someone does not like the app and makes false report about it, but the donate version have just been banned on the market. With strange explanation, I hope they will answer to the mail. The most strange is that the free app have not been banned and they are the same ..... so this really makes me think of a bad user that report only one app Sad

I join the mail that I've received :

Quote:This is a notification that your application, Yatse Widget, with package ID org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget, has been removed from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts.

If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a new instance of the application that is compliant with the developer terms. Before uploading any new applications, please review the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center for additional information regarding this removal.

The Google Play Team

If no news from google within a week I'll try to refund all the people who paid and find another way to distribute the app since I really don't know what I can have made wrong with this app.

That's is insane they had no rights to remove yatse keep us inform, there is others markets for android where you can also upload androidpit, handster and many others
Well I hope this is just a mistake since the free app is not banned. It's not logical.

All other markets needs users to check the allow Unknown source and no silent auto update Sad

I really really hope to have this issue sorted out or at least explained.

If not well I'll go back to old distribution method on my site with an update checker / download included in the app.
Let us just be patient.
i can't imagine that Google is not going to respond and if there is no evidence for the accusation, i think it will be enabled again.
I think Tolriq is right and someone found this some kind of funny...
Thx
Chaos
I really hope Google answer fast Smile

For translators, since finally the 1.0.1 is pushed a little due to the problem I've finally totally move the call functions in the plugin so the text is a little changed :

Code:
<string name="plugin_info">This plugin adds notifications and actions on call.\n\nPress the settings buttons for options.</string>

This will make Yatse Widget without plugins needs a permission less.
Hi there:

German:
Code:
<string name="plugin_info">Dieses Plugin fügt Benachrichtigungen und Aktionen bei einem Anruf hinzu.\n\nDrücken Sie den Einstellungen Button für die Optionen.</string>

THX
Chaos

@Tolriq - After you get this mess sorted out (sry to hear about the issues with the play store), do you plan on adding the ability to browse your music library directly in the YATSE app ? It would be killer (maybe premium/paid) feature for a lot of pelople
This was planned as another app but for ICS tablets before the google problem Smile

If the issue is not sorted out, I'll have to find another way to distribute the app with auto update and unlock system. Making the app more complex than a simple widget / remote so perhaps I'll start by adding functions in the phone version then go for full tablet one.
Great news, an ICS tablet is exactly what i have and use YATSE on. Added to your reputation for doing such a greta job.
Still no news from Google and from what I read on the net it seems it's hard to get answers and explanation on bans Sad

I hate the situation not knowing what will happens next for the free version.

But not a reason to stop adding functions Smile

New strings to translate Smile (Again a big thanks to translators)

Code:
<string name="str_other_title">Special Commands</string>
    <string name="str_other_videoscan">Scan Video Library</string>
    <string name="str_other_videoclean">Clean Video Library</string>
    <string name="str_other_audioscan">Scan Audio Library</string>
    <string name="str_other_audioclean">Clean Audio Library</string>

Edit : Forgot one Smile
Hi There

German

Code:
<string name="str_other_title">Spezielle Befehle</string>
    <string name="str_other_videoscan">Scanne Videodatenbank</string>
    <string name="str_other_videoclean">Bereinige Videodatenbank</string>
    <string name="str_other_audioscan">Scanne Audiodatenbank</string>
    <string name="str_other_audioclean">Bereinige Audiodatenbank</string>

THX
Chaos
Sorry for the dalay I been a llittle busy these days but there you go

Spanish translation

Code:
<string name="str_other_title">Comando Especial</string>
<string name="str_other_videoscan">Actualizar biblioteca de Video</string>
<string name="str_other_videoclean">Limpiar biblioteca de Video/string>
<string name="str_other_audioscan">Actualizar biblioteca de Musica </string>
<string name="str_other_audioclean">Limpiar biblioteca de Musica</string>

Code:
<string name="plugin_info">Este plugin agrega notificaciones y acciones en llamadas.\n\nPreciona el boton de configuracion para mas opciones.</string>

Any news about the bad judgment of google?
Thanks,

Still no news from Google, it makes me crazy, need to pay to publish on Play Store, They take 30% but they can do whatever they want without explanation and no support (No answer to mails even just to say we're looking into the issue or we won't answer go to hell).

Any other company doing this IRL would be in real troubles for acting like this, but they're big they don't care about small indie dev Sad

Apart from this, the new version is in final testing phase, it will be 1.5 since lot's of changes finally Smile Will works with plugins for calls or sms to reduce permissions needed by the main app and so users accept only permissions for the part they need. Will also now works with an unlocker as a way to go from free to donate. This will simplify a lot distribution and / or paypal buys if I finally have to leave the official Market. And unlike what's happening now even in the case Google decide to ban the unlocker too without any reason this won't spoil buyers who will still be able to update without problems.

If no news from Google before the week end I'll publish the new version and unlocker. For early buyers I'll do a refund so they can buy the new unlocker (from what I understand it will cost me the 30% that google take but even if it's all Google fault I don't want users to be looted from this situation).
I of course hope that users will make the switch so that I don't loose too many Smile but since the new unlocker way will works whatever happens with the market I've no doubt about it.
Thanks for the update Tolriq! Excited about the new features and I hope the issues with google gets resolved!
I want to say thanks and good job.

I do have a question for you though.

When I install the widget on my android 2.x devices the option to "send to" the URL from the android device to XMBC works fine. No issues.

When on my android 4.x devices the option to "send to" is not there. I have found this to be a great feature. I hope this either brings to your attention something that no longer works, or it lets you know we want that capability on our 4.x devices (to continue). I spend quite a bit of time on my Android tablets and when I find a URL with a video that I want to watch I love just being able to click and have it sent to the TV (XBMC).

Anyway, can you confirm either the bug or the lack of intent to continue that feature? Or am I missing something?

Thanks again.

P.S. I would ask one more thing. Maybe it isn't in your venue. The option to send the caller's number to the TV (XBMC) is nice. The problem is that the notification is too short, it is small, and in the lower right hand corner. Is there a way to make it big, to keep it up longer, and to move it to another position on the screen?
@Jimbo99 : On my devices (SGS II and prime) the send to works ok on ICS 4.0.3. What do you try to send ? from what ?

The only difference from the standard browser is that you need to first select android system then Send to Xbmc should appear.

For the notification I've no way to interact with them it's part of the skins. In Aeon MPQ it's centered big enough and duration is a little too fast but still ok. There's maybe options in your skins to change that (Or help on skinning forum to change that).
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24