• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
(2012-04-07, 21:26)Jan-Erik Wrote:
(2012-04-07, 21:08)disolo Wrote: I just installed the plugin on an XBMCbuntu Eden install. It works great.

However, if I use it in conjunction with XBMC Commander (iOS remote control app), tracks only play for about 7-10 seconds before going to the next track.

Is anyone else having this issue or a similar issue?

Thanks.

I have had problem with Spotify it self jumping to next track if it was some problem with streaming the track.
Had similar problem when using fast forward to much and when pressing play again sound strart to stutter and sometimes give up and jump to next track

(On a side track, when using fast forward playback time get lost sometimes and at the end of track playtime is higher than track time.)

Check your log to see if you have buffer underrun or CPU use issues

Thanks for the response. After looking at the log file, I believe the issue with Commander may have something to do with it trying to obtain the track data.
Great addon works great! Just waiting for the que option Smile
(2012-04-06, 21:09)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 22:52)Novin Wrote: Hi

Tried this because I want to get rid of the hassle of compiling spotyxbmc2.

The plugin starts, I enter my login details and I get to the home screen. From there, nothing works though. Nothing in news, in playlists, it just lists the number of playlists that I have (51) but I can't see them & search doesn't give any results.

System info:

$ lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu precise (development branch)
Release: 12.04

XBMC 11.0~git20120321.14feb09-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric

script.audio.spotimc-0.1-alpha4.zip
Which skin are you using? Spotimc has some similar issues with Transparency on Linux, but they will be fixed with the new alpha I'm about to release. Anyway, please let me see a log file, just to be sure.

I'm using the default skin. So confluence?
(2012-04-07, 12:19)Laiton Wrote: I try this on 2 different mac, and i get script failed then it freeze to that spinnig thing.

But anyway million thanks for this addon.

http://pastebin.com/UJqt4qUY my log file

iget it work now, wrong zip file.

(2012-04-07, 09:56)Spikey1989 Wrote: starts in about row 463: log file
this file has 3 dif trys. dont know how to seperate them: log file 2
That's a known issue with some skins (Cirrus, ReFocus, etc). A fix for this will be included on the next alpha, which will be released this week.

(2012-04-07, 12:19)Laiton Wrote: I try this on 2 different mac, and i get script failed then it freeze to that spinnig thing.

But anyway million thanks for this addon.

http://pastebin.com/UJqt4qUY my log file
I was about to post an answer about that, sorry! Anyway I'm glad you found the solution.

(2012-04-07, 16:09)Jan-Erik Wrote: I was also tired of compiling spotyxbmc2 with mixed experiences, so was very happy when I discovered this add-on Big Grin

So far I have two things I like to fix (or maybe just me that don't know)

1. If I go out of Spotimc and eg. play som video I can't start Spotimc again. When I try to start the add-on I get the turning wheel and then script failed script.audio.spotimc. Have to restart XBMC to get it working again

15:43:46 T:3076520816 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
15:43:46 T:3076520816 ERROR: Error Type: <class 'spotify.LibSpotifyError'>
15:43:46 T:3076520816 ERROR: Error Contents: Initialization of library failed
15:43:46 T:3076520816 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py", line 83, in <module>
main(addon_dir)
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/__init__.py", line 190, in main
initially_unload_playlists=False,
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/spotify/session.py", line 264, in __init__
spotify.handle_sp_error(err)
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/spotify/__init__.py", line 20, in handle_sp_error
raise LibSpotifyError(msg)
LibSpotifyError: Initialization of library failed
15:43:46 T:3076520816 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

2. Using crossfade (8 sec) with good luck for my FLAC music files, but in Spotimc I get stutter in the last few sec when the next song start playing. If i change in the midle of a song the crossfade work as expected (fade down -> playing both -> fade up new song).

Linux 3.0.0-17-generic
XBMCbuntu
That's a known issue on OSX and Linux listed on the FAQ, and is related to unclean shutdowns. Running the addon on a different process space than XBMC would probably solve lots of issues (like this one), but unfortunately it's difficult to implement right now.

I'll try to reproduce the crossfade issue. Thanks for reporting!

(2012-04-07, 17:45)neoflex Wrote: thanks a lot, it's very promising.
Compared to akezeke solution, it's less integrated and still lack some features but it has the big advantage of being a stand alone plugin.
Features request (sorry :p):

- add an "api" like the youtube plugin has (you can play a youtube video using the JSON api "VideoPlaylist.Add", { file: "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=...@" }). When done, we will be able to integrate the plugin in xbmc web interfaces or imagine a lot of fancy stuff like greasemonkey scripts.

- build an /artist/albums/tracks tree from stars item. I love this feature from spotyXBMC Wink
A web interface is planned for a future release, but I think that lots of feature request and fixes should go first. Anyway, like you already said, would open the doors to make lots of cool stuff!

On the other hand, when you say "build an /artist/albums/tracks tree from stars item" are you referring to the toplists? Perhaps I'm missing something there... Tongue

(2012-04-07, 21:08)disolo Wrote: I just installed the plugin on an XBMCbuntu Eden install. It works great.

However, if I use it in conjunction with XBMC Commander (iOS remote control app), tracks only play for about 7-10 seconds before going to the next track.

Is anyone else having this issue or a similar issue?

Thanks.
Similar issues have been reported telling that Spotimc plays in "intro mode" when using some remote controls/services. I have a clue of what could be going on, but unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the exact issue. Investigation continues...

(2012-04-08, 14:24)jaaahaaa Wrote: Great addon works great! Just waiting for the que option Smile
Queue and add to playlist are already on my to-do list. Thanks!

(2012-04-09, 14:10)Novin Wrote: I'm using the default skin. So confluence?
Confluence works well on all platforms, so it seems a different (and yet unknown issue). Please let me see your log files, and hopefully I can extract some details from them. Thanks for reporting!
Quote:A web interface is planned for a future release, but I think that lots of feature request and fixes should go first. Anyway, like you already said, would open the doors to make lots of cool stuff!

On the other hand, when you say "build an /artist/albums/tracks tree from stars item" are you referring to the toplists? Perhaps I'm missing something there...

great news for the web interface! can't wait to see it.

For the tree, it's not related to top lists. In fact, I am referring to what spotiXBMC is doing, i.e. extracting artists and albums info for all stared items and then propose a hierarchical view of those tracks (artists>albums>tracks).
I would love something like a party mode. Where guests only are able to search and add to the que and not able not change song. And if they would be able to do it by logging in over wifi with there phones it would be even cooler!
I've just released a new alpha. The package can be downloaded here.

It mainly addresses skin incompatibility issues, playlist related crashes and the infamous playback skipping issue. You can check the full list of changes here.

Thanks everybody for your feedback!

Finally, here are some answers:

(2012-04-10, 10:02)neoflex Wrote: For the tree, it's not related to top lists. In fact, I am referring to what spotiXBMC is doing, i.e. extracting artists and albums info for all stared items and then propose a hierarchical view of those tracks (artists>albums>tracks).
Kudos to akezeke for that nice feature, looks very useful! Definitely I'm adding it to my to-do list, but I'm considering to implement that for all playlist, so you always have an artists/albums summary at hand.

(2012-04-10, 19:40)jaaahaaa Wrote: I would love something like a party mode. Where guests only are able to search and add to the que and not able not change song. And if they would be able to do it by logging in over wifi with there phones it would be even cooler!
That's a great idea! It would fit well as part of the web interface, and it could be activated/deactivaded from the standard gui. Thanks!
Updated in the repo.
Never really used anything on XBMC other than video addons, so was excited when I noticed this addon after finally checking out the other things I can do with XBMC Smile

Since I found it on ATV2, and after reading through the topic I can see why I couldn't get the addon to work...but actually I couldn't even get it to download. It looked like it was about to start 0% DOWNLOADING, but then it just stops and goes back to the addon list.

Is it not even possible to download with ATV2 atm?

Also...is there an ETA on when it could be up and running on an ATV? Smile

Thanks for the help, really looking forward to getting to use this addon!
I got to say that this is The Plugin to have. Absolutely excellent even in its "alpha stage". I have been searching "10 foot interface" to Spotify for ages and then you did it as a XBMC plugin! Love

There are some (not many) irks and oddities in the UI (too late now to start listing them, they are minor and since this is only in its early stages..), but even now this is the best thing since sliced bread and The Almighty Johnsons.

Installed new version from repo and everything went smoothly.

(There are not that many good legal music/video services available here in Finland, but thank god Spotify is.)

Sorry for the off topic praise but I just had to.
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
I hope anyone can help me. I use Aeon Nox which means that I have to add add-ons to favourites before I can add them to the launchwindow in the skin. Except that the only addons I can add to favourites are video addons. This add-on doesn't show and I don't see where I can add this to favourites since the concept-button doesn't work in the add-on window.

Anyone know a workaround, or maybe a line of script in favourites.xml so that it adds to favourites?

edit: nevermind, got it working through the .xml
(2012-04-09, 21:40)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-04-07, 09:56)Spikey1989 Wrote: starts in about row 463: log file
this file has 3 dif trys. dont know how to seperate them: log file 2
That's a known issue with some skins (Cirrus, ReFocus, etc). A fix for this will be included on the next alpha, which will be released this week.

I just wanted to comfirm that alpha5 made works on my xbmc with cirrus skin now LoveLoveLove

looking forward to all the other features Big Grin

/Spikey

Anyone using this on OpenElec Fusion-build?
The alpha5 was working perfectly, crossfade was working without stuttering for a while before I decided to do do a crazy thing, playing music and at the same time starting a video (DTS sound) (or video and then start and play spotimc?) and then it crashed (sadly no logging) and then I lost use of default sound out of HDMI so no crossfade anymore. Restart XBMC or turn of PC and restart did not remedy this

Now I get lots of this, probably not related to spotymc. Do XBMC do some changes to asound settings recently or change settings while playing, since the crash broke the sound?

Warning: using insecure memory!
there is no soundcard
there is no soundcard
there is no soundcard
ALSA lib pcm.c:7316Sadsnd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

Probably have to install XBMCbuntu from scratch to get it working again? (Had earlier changed .asoundrc file to get crossfade working)
/Jan-Erik

XBMCbuntu Eden
Acer Aspire 3600, NVidia ION
Linux 3.0.0-24-generic (Now running stable without any freeze)
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32