• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
Just installed the newest alpha, and it has fixed the track skipping problem for me.

I only have one complaint, I had a party on the 10th april - so the fix was not released in time for me. Where can I put my complaint in writing formally. I think I should have been consulted and you should have had the fix ready in time for my party.
(2012-04-12, 01:51)skilljim Wrote: Also...is there an ETA on when it could be up and running on an ATV? Smile
It depends on a python module that is missing on ATV2. Once the module becomes available it should be a trivial task adding support for ATV2.

(2012-04-12, 03:42)paavor Wrote: I got to say that this is The Plugin to have. Absolutely excellent even in its "alpha stage". I have been searching "10 foot interface" to Spotify for ages and then you did it as a XBMC plugin! Love

There are some (not many) irks and oddities in the UI (too late now to start listing them, they are minor and since this is only in its early stages..), but even now this is the best thing since sliced bread and The Almighty Johnsons.

Installed new version from repo and everything went smoothly.

(There are not that many good legal music/video services available here in Finland, but thank god Spotify is.)

Sorry for the off topic praise but I just had to.
I'm glad you like the addon! Feel free to report any issues, probably there are many of them I'm unaware of.

(2012-04-13, 21:59)kdid Wrote: Anyone using this on OpenElec Fusion-build?
It's written on pure python, you shouln't have any problems to run it. Try it out!

(2012-04-13, 23:29)Jan-Erik Wrote: The alpha5 was working perfectly, crossfade was working without stuttering for a while before I decided to do do a crazy thing, playing music and at the same time starting a video (DTS sound) (or video and then start and play spotimc?) and then it crashed (sadly no logging) and then I lost use of default sound out of HDMI so no crossfade anymore. Restart XBMC or turn of PC and restart did not remedy this

Now I get lots of this, probably not related to spotymc. Do XBMC do some changes to asound settings recently or change settings while playing, since the crash broke the sound?

Warning: using insecure memory!
there is no soundcard
there is no soundcard
there is no soundcard
ALSA lib pcm.c:7316Sadsnd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

Probably have to install XBMCbuntu from scratch to get it working again? (Had earlier changed .asoundrc file to get crossfade working)
Try restoring an earlier .asoundrc, or running XBMC on another user account. By the way, Spotimc does nothing bizarre with audio configs, it just serves local http streams that XBMC understands.

(2012-04-14, 02:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: Just installed the newest alpha, and it has fixed the track skipping problem for me.

I only have one complaint, I had a party on the 10th april - so the fix was not released in time for me. Where can I put my complaint in writing formally. I think I should have been consulted and you should have had the fix ready in time for my party.
Sorry if the fix came late. Maybe you now have a pretext to arrange a new party! Tongue
(2012-04-07, 22:19)disolo Wrote:
(2012-04-07, 21:26)Jan-Erik Wrote:
(2012-04-07, 21:08)disolo Wrote: I just installed the plugin on an XBMCbuntu Eden install. It works great.

However, if I use it in conjunction with XBMC Commander (iOS remote control app), tracks only play for about 7-10 seconds before going to the next track.

Is anyone else having this issue or a similar issue?

Thanks.

I have had problem with Spotify it self jumping to next track if it was some problem with streaming the track.
Had similar problem when using fast forward to much and when pressing play again sound strart to stutter and sometimes give up and jump to next track

(On a side track, when using fast forward playback time get lost sometimes and at the end of track playtime is higher than track time.)

Check your log to see if you have buffer underrun or CPU use issues

Thanks for the response. After looking at the log file, I believe the issue with Commander may have something to do with it trying to obtain the track data.

I can confirm the same problem using the official XBMC remote for android.
--cut--

(2012-04-13, 23:29)Jan-Erik Wrote: The alpha5 was working perfectly, crossfade was working without stuttering for a while before I decided to do do a crazy thing, playing music and at the same time starting a video (DTS sound) (or video and then start and play spotimc?) and then it crashed (sadly no logging) and then I lost use of default sound out of HDMI so no crossfade anymore. Restart XBMC or turn of PC and restart did not remedy this

Now I get lots of this, probably not related to spotymc. Do XBMC do some changes to asound settings recently or change settings while playing, since the crash broke the sound?

Warning: using insecure memory!
there is no soundcard
there is no soundcard
there is no soundcard
ALSA lib pcm.c:7316Sadsnd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

Probably have to install XBMCbuntu from scratch to get it working again? (Had earlier changed .asoundrc file to get crossfade working)

(2012-04-14, 12:10)mazkolain Wrote: Try restoring an earlier .asoundrc, or running XBMC on another user account. By the way, Spotimc does nothing bizarre with audio configs, it just serves local http streams that XBMC understands.

I'm confused now?
Did as you suggest, restoring ~xbmc/.asoundrc yesterday + some restarting of the box, but didn't help.
Had a good night sleep and today run this to see if some setting was muted
Code:
sudo /usr/bin/amixer -q -c 0 sset 'Master',0 unmute && /usr/bin/amixer -q -c 0 sset 'Master',0 100
sudo alsactl store 0

And then had everything back to normal Big Grin

not sure but it looks like the default sound setting is muted as default (my default sound output setting have from install been silent). Used this guide, but changed Audio Output Device to Default
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...controller

This fixed crossfade and speaker location for HD sound, but maybe messed to much with the setting that make the stuttering sound?
When I have the time I install everything from scratch and just run the above unmute command to se if that fix the cross-fade and navigate sound?
/Jan-Erik

XBMCbuntu Eden
Acer Aspire 3600, NVidia ION
Linux 3.0.0-24-generic (Now running stable without any freeze)
Mazkolain,

My screensaver just kicked in whilst using spotiMC, and so i pressed a button on my remote to cancel the screensaver and it has given me a strage effect in spotiMC.

I can no longer control the orange box to navigate. Most of my screen (except the top horizontal section of spotiMC is grey. so the whole thing has pretty much crashed. the music played on for about a minute but then got stuck and started repeating the same second over and over.

had to reboot PC.

Amazing addon, loving your work, just thought i'd let you know. is this thread the correct place for reporting issues?
this one has probably been reported already. i am getting the 'everlasting fart' effect when i exit spotiMC whilst a song is playing.

when i say everlasting it probably only about ten seconds but in the world of farts that is a long time indeed.
also, i am getting a short-lived fart noise between tracks too.
This addon is excellent considering it's in alpha. I messed up by installing a zip at first, but Mortstar's repo solved it. Hopefully, you'll keep up the good work and release a beta/final later on. We HTPC-fanatics really need a Spotify addon.

If you ever open up for donations, then announce so in first post. Also, Twitter account where we can follow development?

Question: Is it likely that we'll see support for local files/mp3's?
This is absolutely fantastic, im suprised how polished it is considering its alpha!

One small request (not sure if its been asked yet) - could we have an account/profile switcher? Theres a few people in my house with spotify accounts and each with different playlists so it would be good to be able to easily switch. Nice one!
I don't think even the word awesome can describe the awesomeness of this script :p
You just gave me a reason to finally get me a Premium Account on Spotify. This is really THE plug-in I (and probably a lot of other people) have been waiting for. They only thing that would be very welcome (as mentioned by a few others already): The radio streams... Do you by any chance have an ETA for that by any chance?

For the rest: WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!
This is the plugin of all plugins for XBMC.... This will be VERY useful next time i have a party.. =)
Looks very nice to ( dont think Spotify them self could have made it so good. )

One request.. a nice fullscreen "now Playing" ...
(2012-04-14, 13:38)lr10 Wrote:
(2012-04-07, 22:19)disolo Wrote:
(2012-04-07, 21:26)Jan-Erik Wrote: I have had problem with Spotify it self jumping to next track if it was some problem with streaming the track.
Had similar problem when using fast forward to much and when pressing play again sound strart to stutter and sometimes give up and jump to next track

(On a side track, when using fast forward playback time get lost sometimes and at the end of track playtime is higher than track time.)

Check your log to see if you have buffer underrun or CPU use issues

Thanks for the response. After looking at the log file, I believe the issue with Commander may have something to do with it trying to obtain the track data.

I can confirm the same problem using the official XBMC remote for android.
This issue (#21) will be addressed on the next alpha. Probably the track streaming proxy does not implement correctly part of the protocol. Also note that seeking is not supported yet.

(2012-04-14, 14:06)Jan-Erik Wrote: This fixed crossfade and speaker location for HD sound, but maybe messed [...]
I'll try to review the crossfade issue on the next alpha. It seems related to buffer shortages when changing the track (you cannot have two active simmultaneous track streams at the same time with libspotify).

(2012-04-14, 17:14)thebearnecessit Wrote: Mazkolain,

My screensaver just kicked in whilst using spotiMC, and so i pressed a button on my remote to cancel the screensaver and it has given me a strage effect in spotiMC.

I can no longer control the orange box to navigate. Most of my screen (except the top horizontal section of spotiMC is grey. so the whole thing has pretty much crashed. the music played on for about a minute but then got stuck and started repeating the same second over and over.

had to reboot PC.

Amazing addon, loving your work, just thought i'd let you know. is this thread the correct place for reporting issues?
this one has probably been reported already. i am getting the 'everlasting fart' effect when i exit spotiMC whilst a song is playing.

when i say everlasting it probably only about ten seconds but in the world of farts that is a long time indeed.
The crash after the screensaver could be related to some connection error that was not handled properly by the script, and lead to a chain of failures. Anyway, if you are able to easily reproduce it you can report a new isse here, attaching a log file if possible.

And regarding to the "everlasting fart" effect, I'm aware of this issue. I think it's related to some kind of deadlock between the XBMC core and the python interpreter itself. Tried with lots of quirks and workarounds with no results, so ended up leaving the issue for "later".

However, didn't know about the "fart" effect between tracks. It happens on every track? Do tracks end prematurely (just a couple of seconds) or do you have crossfade enabled?

(2012-04-15, 11:13)WonderStivi Wrote: This addon is excellent considering it's in alpha. I messed up by installing a zip at first, but Mortstar's repo solved it. Hopefully, you'll keep up the good work and release a beta/final later on. We HTPC-fanatics really need a Spotify addon.

If you ever open up for donations, then announce so in first post. Also, Twitter account where we can follow development?

Question: Is it likely that we'll see support for local files/mp3's?
I'll add support for local tracks in the future, but have lots of issues that need to be resolved first. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

(2012-04-15, 13:05)Jimbawb Wrote: This is absolutely fantastic, im suprised how polished it is considering its alpha!

One small request (not sure if its been asked yet) - could we have an account/profile switcher? Theres a few people in my house with spotify accounts and each with different playlists so it would be good to be able to easily switch. Nice one!
If you are using windows you can easily use XBMC's builtin profile switcher, as Spotimc's settings (account credentials and everything else) are profile aware. I said "if using windows" because there's a nasty bug on OSX and Linux that requires a XBMC restart for multiple sessions (the first session of the process will work fine) to work properly.

(2012-04-16, 21:48)TFHfony Wrote: You just gave me a reason to finally get me a Premium Account on Spotify. This is really THE plug-in I (and probably a lot of other people) have been waiting for. They only thing that would be very welcome (as mentioned by a few others already): The radio streams... Do you by any chance have an ETA for that by any chance?

For the rest: WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!
Part of the UI internals need to be revamped first, in order to ease implementation for new views (Radio, Toplists and so on). Don't like to give dates, but radio support has priority on my future to-do list, as it has been requested by lots of people (along with playlist folders).

(2012-04-17, 14:51)PrimaryMaster Wrote: This is the plugin of all plugins for XBMC.... This will be VERY useful next time i have a party.. =)
Looks very nice to ( dont think Spotify them self could have made it so good. )

One request.. a nice fullscreen "now Playing" ...
Thank you! It's true that this view is missing some essential features, like the playback queue and history, but I don't think a fullscreen "now playing" view would fit well on this plugin. In fact, that's why the screensaver button was added (the one after the repeat button).
One question, since its a pain to compile the other spotify addon thingy, i love this.

However since its a addon, i guess its not possible to integrate into the music section inside xbmc, like spotyxbmc does. Like, inside songs, is all my starred songs.

Also, awesome work.

Is there a way to see whats changed between the latest versions?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2012-04-17, 20:31)henrikyo Wrote: One question, since its a pain to compile the other spotify addon thingy, i love this.

However since its a addon, i guess its not possible to integrate into the music section inside xbmc, like spotyxbmc does. Like, inside songs, is all my starred songs.

Also, awesome work.

Is there a way to see whats changed between the latest versions?
You are right, it does not integrate on the music section of XBMC, but there are plans to make the addon local music aware.

Regarding to the changes between the latest versions, you'll be asked if you want to read the changelog everytime the addon is updated. This changelog can be opened later from XBMC's standard addon info dialog.
(2012-04-17, 19:22)mazkolain Wrote: The crash after the screensaver could be related to some connection error that was not handled properly by the script, and lead to a chain of failures. Anyway, if you are able to easily reproduce it you can report a new isse here, attaching a log file if possible.

And regarding to the "everlasting fart" effect, I'm aware of this issue. I think it's related to some kind of deadlock between the XBMC core and the python interpreter itself. Tried with lots of quirks and workarounds with no results, so ended up leaving the issue for "later".

However, didn't know about the "fart" effect between tracks. It happens on every track? Do tracks end prematurely (just a couple of seconds) or do you have crossfade enabled?

1) AEON MQ3 SCREENSAVER CAUSED A CRASH - I've changed skins now so i don't even know if i have a screensaver. I will just keep using spotyMC and if i get the problem again I'll post the issue up to github

2) EXIT DURING PLAYBACK CAUSED BIG LONG FART NOISE - not problem, you are quite right to leave this issue for 'later'. we can press stop before we exit until then Big Grin

3) SHORT SHARP SHART BETWEEN TRACKS - I don't think it every track strangely, i'll need to check again to be sure im afraid. I'm pretty sure the tracks ARE ending a few seconds prematurely. I'll double check. sorry the wife is watching some shite dating programme just now. the cow. Oh, and I DO have crossfade enabled at 3 seconds. is this not a good idea?

Keep up your tremendous work. You have genuinely improved the lives of many people! Big Grin
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32