Refresh thumbnail cache
So I use Ember to manage thumbnails / posters / etc.. externally, since it's easier (for me) than the xbmc built in media manager. The problem comes when I decide to change an image that xbmc has already cached.

A search so far has only yielded two results,
1) Deleting the entire thumbnail cache, and letting XBMC refresh itself.
--- This seems wholly inefficient to me, and while it works, it's akin to using a nuke to demolish a single building. Not really a preferred method in my opinion
2) [Windows] Going through the registry to find the cache file name of what you've replaced, and just deleting that specific cache file, then letting XBMC rebuild it upon next access.
--- While this is more precise, it requires alot of manual intervention to get it to work properly, something that should be automated.

Is there a way to have xbmc refresh it's media cache for items that I know I've changed? either via api or otherwise?

I'd like to setup a timer to have it refresh it's cache on a given interval (say every 24 hours), or even something added to a web interface addon, or third party through api, to tell xbmc to refresh <this> image in it's cache.

or even a third party addon - program that generates the thumbnail cache images themselves, independent of xbmc?
And if you had searched more you would have found that XBMC refreshes the cache himself every 24hours without you doing anything
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-12, 22:33)Martijn Wrote: And if you had searched more you would have found that XBMC refreshes the cache himself every 24hours without you doing anything

Not true for all images. Music genre images for example does not refresh.
(2012-04-12, 22:35)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 22:33)Martijn Wrote: And if you had searched more you would have found that XBMC refreshes the cache himself every 24hours without you doing anything

Not true for all images. Music genre images for example does not refresh.

Correct but he did not mention music. Only videos
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Videos don't either until my video_thumbs_to_cache branch is pulled in.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-12, 23:30)jmarshall Wrote: Videos don't either until my video_thumbs_to_cache branch is pulled in.

is there any ETA on when this might happen?

or possibly an alternate solution until then?
There is no alternate solution, otherwise I wouldn't be spending hours working on it.

The video_thumbs_to_cache branch will likely be pulled in during the May merge window.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for the hours of hard work jmarshall. If it wasn't for developers like you working hard on XBMC we would be stuck using 2nd rate software. Big Grin
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-04-15, 07:55)jmarshall Wrote: There is no alternate solution, otherwise I wouldn't be spending hours working on it.

The video_thumbs_to_cache branch will likely be pulled in during the May merge window.

awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate you working on it.
(2012-04-16, 00:16)Zxurian Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 07:55)jmarshall Wrote: There is no alternate solution, otherwise I wouldn't be spending hours working on it.

awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate you working on it.

I wish we had a add-on which ran in the meantime but perhaps that's as laborious as making it a built-in...
Check this out:

http://www.technazgul.com/2011/02/how-to...while.html

He figured out how to get it to work. I had to make some minor adjustment but the idea basically worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh thumbnail cache0