• 5(current)
Release Lightbox Skin
(2012-04-16, 01:50)da-anda Wrote: good work so far tree_jammer - like it. I hope you consider allowing listViews for music and videos and/or a view where the fanart-preview is gone having more space for posters and some movie info. But first finish it your way and then think about adding user wishes.

I wonder though why the skin has 46 MB, it doesn't look that texture heavy and I can't think the icons eat so much space.

I wouldn't worry to much about the size. That is due to all the textures being stored in the xbt file. If I remove the weather fanart and icons and a few others from xbt file to media folder the size will reduce, I just have not bothered to do it yet. Alternate views are very unlikely. Maybe in the future.

(2012-04-16, 13:04)Baswazz Wrote: I installed the skin onto my HTPC only problem i got is, i can't read the movie description from the couch on my 32 inch 1080i TV. Font size is to small. Can you look-in to this three_jammer?

Text seems fine to me. I think your tv is too far away. If anything I feel I have been fairly accommodating in terms of text size compared to other skins. I will have another look though
Loving the theme. Looking forward to hopeful eventual add-on support. And I didn't think I would like being limited to one view but it looks great.
nice skin,
good work i'll wait for implementation of this amazing product!
peppe
I love the design choices you've made. It really works well across the board.

Other than the lack of a watched/unwatched indicator, it's pretty much a perfect skin
Looks amazing and works really good for an alpha release! Love it!

Generally I would say the the fan art in both the home menu and in the TV shows and movies views is to dark. Also the posters of the movies that aren't selected are also too dark. You can barley make out what movie it is before going over it.

The music viz is amazing! The video OSD is disappointing tho. Doesn't look as good as the rest of the skin. The green gradient is not good looking imo
This is really magnificent stuff!

I was worried when I started using it on my low-powered nettop (Shuttle XS35GT V2) as it stuttered between transitions on the home screen but realised the fanarts you have packed with the skin are a bit heavy for this system. Redirected to a set of section-specific jpeg images and the home screen is a lot smoother.

Would really like to see 'watchlist' functionality somewhere in the skin, is this something you have planned?

First off, Tree_Jammer:
Thank you for all your effort you've put in to this skin, and all of the effort you've put into dealing with the peanut gallery. It is an aethically amazing, and incredibly light skin.

Second, for everyone who wants fanart backgrounds for the home screen:
You can do this by creating a symbolic link from the fanart folder to the movies, tv, setting, music, etc folders in the desktop /media/background folder.
For those of you on mac you can simply run the following command:
Code:
ln -s ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/skin.lightbox/media/backgrounds/[b]folder[/b]

(2012-04-16, 21:18)Elixxen Wrote: Looks amazing and works really good for an alpha release! Love it!

Generally I would say the the fan art in both the home menu and in the TV shows and movies views is to dark. Also the posters of the movies that aren't selected are also too dark. You can barley make out what movie it is before going over it.

The music viz is amazing! The video OSD is disappointing tho. Doesn't look as good as the rest of the skin. The green gradient is not good looking imo

Im seeing a lot of complaints about the unfocused thumbs being too dark, and darkness in general. I would just like to state that the thumbs are not too dark, I think a lot of people need to correctly calibrate their monitors/tvs. You either have the contrast too high or have brightness/gamma set to dark. There are colour charts etc to check your screen with. Heres a good straight forward site for your Computer monitor Monitor Calibration.

From the test image below you should be able to distinguish every step in colour. none should blend together.

As For the video OSD. I like it therefore its staying. I have a version with a black gradient i was toying with so i may change that.
Ultimately it's your skin so stick to your guns.
+1 on doing your own thing.
You primarily started this skin for yourself so I say stick with that.

Users can make suggestion but in the end it's your call. If they don't like it they should change it theirselves to fit their own personal taste Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have to admit, without sounding negative. My screens are perfectly calibrated, and I've tested the skin in a few different rooms (just to be sure) I found, from a practical point of view the icons to be a bit small, and the fact that are shaded makes them very hard to see from a slight distance. It doesn't really bother me... But when I think about it... I have something like 1,200 movies, and to have to scroll over every single cover to see exactly what it is makes for a very long and slightly frustrating task to find something to watch.

I think this is why I was drawn to the refocus skin, the thumbnail view is fantastic, it's simple, thumbnails are clearly visible and big enough to see at any distance, it's proportionate and shows many titles to a page. Very practical.

Not being negative, and again it doesn't really bother me (yet) but I think after the excitment wears off it will. Just my thoughts.

Oh, and +1 for watching indicators (if not on your to do list already)
Cheers,
Loggio.

(2012-04-17, 00:00)Hitcher Wrote: Ultimately it's your skin so stick to your guns.

(2012-04-17, 00:04)Martijn Wrote: +1 on doing your own thing.

Users can make suggestion but in the end it's your call. If they don't like it they should change it theirselves to fit their own personal taste Big Grin

YES and YES. I can see why a lot of skinners end up abandoning their skins and getting frustrated. I think I'm gonna take a more passive stance in this thread and just read the opinions and take from the sensible ones.
(2012-04-17, 01:17)tree_jammer Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 00:00)Hitcher Wrote: Ultimately it's your skin so stick to your guns.

(2012-04-17, 00:04)Martijn Wrote: +1 on doing your own thing.

YES and YES. I can see why a lot of skinners end up abandoning their skins and getting frustrated. I think I'm gonna take a more passive stance in this thread and just read the opinions and take from the sensible ones.

Good for you Tree! I love the look and feel so far, and I think you have a solid vision for where to take the skin.
One thing i miss is to be able to see current time and end time of the movie when i press Info button,
Any plans on adding that ?
Other then that i like your skin really nice done Smile
An amazing job!!!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lightbox Skin20