XBMC Eden vs MadVR
Hi,

So with the new version of XBMC Eden released, can anyone comment on PQ? More specifically, has anyone done a comparison vs MadVR.

I'm changing around my media server (and will be installing Eden RC2 with HD bitstream support), and wanted to know whether there is still a need to install MPC-HC with MadVR? Has the XBMC team managed to get the quality close to MadVR standards.
The majority of my content is 720p and 1080p.

Thanks in advance.
In my opinion, XBMC's quality was never far behind in the first place, but that's just my opinion. I believe the DSPlayer (wiki) build of XBMC (which might be added for XBMC v12. I know there is a pull request so people can build with DSPlayer, at least) uses madvr.

I can't compile from source (that is, I haven't learned yet), but I bet you could find someone to make a go at building a DSPlayer + HD audio XBMC build. Then you would have madvr In XBMC now.
(2012-04-17, 18:29)Ned Scott Wrote: In my opinion, XBMC's quality was never far behind in the first place, but that's just my opinion. I believe the DSPlayer (wiki) build of XBMC (which might be added for XBMC v12. I know there is a pull request so people can build with DSPlayer, at least) uses madvr.

I can't compile from source (that is, I haven't learned yet), but I bet you could find someone to make a go at building a DSPlayer + HD audio XBMC build. Then you would have madvr In XBMC now.

That would be pretty impressive. XBMC with bitstreaming (which I am running now) and MadVR!
(2012-04-17, 18:29)Ned Scott Wrote: I believe the DSPlayer (wiki) build of XBMC (which might be added for XBMC v12. I know there is a pull request so people can build with DSPlayer, at least) uses madvr.

DSPlayer doesn't have madVR support.

Tiben did start working on it, but it was abandoned due to the changes that would have to be made to XBMC.
(2012-04-18, 11:37)0wing Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 18:29)Ned Scott Wrote: I believe the DSPlayer (wiki) build of XBMC (which might be added for XBMC v12. I know there is a pull request so people can build with DSPlayer, at least) uses madvr.

DSPlayer doesn't have madVR support.

Tiben did start working on it, but it was abandoned due to the changes that would have to be made to XBMC.

Ah, I stand corrected.
(2012-04-17, 00:55)alkit Wrote: Hi,

So with the new version of XBMC Eden released, can anyone comment on PQ? More specifically, has anyone done a comparison vs MadVR.

I'm changing around my media server (and will be installing Eden RC2 with HD bitstream support), and wanted to know whether there is still a need to install MPC-HC with MadVR? Has the XBMC team managed to get the quality close to MadVR standards.
The majority of my content is 720p and 1080p.

Thanks in advance.

I would love to know the answer to this particularly vs standard (non DSPlalyer) XBMC.
Also how do specific hardware affect quality in XBMC are any post processing enhancements used in XBMC limited to certain hardware?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden vs MadVR0