• 43(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-04-21, 20:10)Hellnino18 Wrote: Little question, I want to change the "path to music library" in System -> Skin -> General. I put some days ago, a nfs path, but I want to change it to another path local. (with my cdart and extra fanart).

When I want to change it I try to go back on the tree, but I can't. Is it a bug?

This information is saved in a file I guess? What file I need to change manually to change my music library path?

Thanks!

pull and try again.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Absolutely loving Nox 3.0 right now guys. The minor tweaks go a long way to making the skin better in my opinion.

Now I know the theme is a WIP, but yeah, I'm absolutely loving the BigFan view at the moment. Any chance of getting this added to the music section in the future? It really adds something special to a media centre. It's more of a show case than the Showcase view itself. I believe it would make a great addition to any section in XBMC, including the Advanced Launcher although the tags would be limited to perhaps Game Manufactor and Platform. Still I think it would add to showcasing a specific Artist when sorting things by artist, which I believe most people do.

Just thought I'd through an idea your way, although I understand you've got your hands full. Hope to see this one day, that's all.
(2012-04-21, 20:20)BlackRose Wrote: Absolutely loving Nox 3.0 right now guys. The minor tweaks go a long way to making the skin better in my opinion.

Now I know the theme is a WIP, but yeah, I'm absolutely loving the BigFan view at the moment. Any chance of getting this added to the music section in the future? It really adds something special to a media centre. It's more of a show case than the Showcase view itself. I believe it would make a great addition to any section in XBMC, including the Advanced Launcher although the tags would be limited to perhaps Game Manufactor and Platform. Still I think it would add to showcasing a specific Artist when sorting things by artist, which I believe most people do.

Just thought I'd through an idea your way, although I understand you've got your hands full. Hope to see this one day, that's all.

thx. we´re pretty confident too that 3.0 will set a new benchmark for xbmc skins.
concerning your suggestions: possible that we´ll add bigfan to music (i doubt that we´ll add it to RCB though)
our main focus is definitely to make most use of the current availabe viewtypes than adding new ones.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Switching to album wall viz takes a long time. Way slower than in 2.1
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-21, 20:36)Martijn Wrote: Switching to album wall viz takes a long time. Way slower than in 2.1

do not use it... something in log?
and what does "long time" mean for you? Big Grin
(2012-04-21, 20:39)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 20:36)Martijn Wrote: Switching to album wall viz takes a long time. Way slower than in 2.1

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1792

Switching to view on line 387.

Edit:
Changed to a local path and it is quicker. Strange thing is i never had speed problems on smb:// drives.
(2012-04-21, 18:53)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 17:47)Maxoo Wrote: @phil65 : The option is set. I can provide a log if that helps resolve the issue, but I'm pretty sure it won't.

no, probably won´t help. tried with different bg settings? happens for all bg types?
Will try tonight without backdrops if that's what you mean. Doesn't happen on tv show level either btw.

Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
(2012-04-21, 20:44)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 20:39)phil65 Wrote:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1792

Switching to view on line 387

hmmm... log looks like this would not be skin-dependent. really reproducable when switching branches? perhaps your NAS had some bad seconds...
Think it's an openelec issue as i never had this with the windows version. Sorry Wink
(2012-04-09, 21:49)phil65 Wrote: 1) no. but chances aren´t too bad that it will be added.
2) AdvancedLauncher support will be looked on a bit later. everything here is WIP, so some things have to wait a bit.

(2012-04-21, 20:25)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 20:20)BlackRose Wrote: Absolutely loving Nox 3.0 right now guys. The minor tweaks go a long way to making the skin better in my opinion.

thx. we´re pretty confident too that 3.0 will set a new benchmark for xbmc skins.
concerning your suggestions: possible that we´ll add bigfan to music (i doubt that we´ll add it to RCB though)
our main focus is definitely to make most use of the current availabe viewtypes than adding new ones.

Thanks for the reply. I believe it makes sense to re-use Viewtypes which have a part of the Nox family. It kind of adds to the uniformaty of the skin. I think if ShowCase is used in one section, it would be nice to be able to use it other sections as well. Consistently adds a touch of professionalism I reckon.

Would be nice to see BigFan in music. It has a certain element of surprise I just can't get over, but that may just be my femme side speaking out loud. Anyhow, tried to add BigFan to music and advanced launcher myself, but I'm no skinner. I'm certainly a code breaker though! Isn't 'Undo' useful! Tongue
(2012-04-21, 21:02)BlackRose Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 21:49)phil65 Wrote: 1) no. but chances aren´t too bad that it will be added.
2) AdvancedLauncher support will be looked on a bit later. everything here is WIP, so some things have to wait a bit.

(2012-04-21, 20:25)phil65 Wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I believe it makes sense to re-use Viewtypes which have a part of the Nox family. It kind of adds to the uniformaty of the skin. I think if ShowCase is used in one section, it would be nice to be able to use it other sections as well. Consistently adds a touch of professionalism I reckon.

Would be nice to see BigFan in music. It has a certain element of surprise I just can't get over, but that may just be my femme side speaking out loud. Anyhow, tried to add BigFan to music and advanced launcher myself, but I'm no skinner. I'm certainly a code breaker though! Isn't 'Undo' useful! Tongue

if you decide to start with modding, i strongly recommend to use github. in combination with smartGIT you´ll have a very good starting point. clone our repo and play with the software a bit. once you get used to it it is much easier to see/revert changes you made. and it is also very easy to keep your modded version up to date with latest changes.
(2012-04-21, 21:08)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 21:02)BlackRose Wrote:

(2012-04-21, 20:25)phil65 Wrote: thx. we´re pretty confident too that 3.0 will set a new benchmark for xbmc skins.

if you decide to start with modding, i strongly recommend to use github. in combination with smartGIT you´ll have a very good starting point. clone our repo and play with the software a bit. once you get used to it it is much easier to see/revert changes you made. and it is also very easy to keep your modded version up to date with latest changes.

Will keep GitHub in mind, but yeah, I'd prefer to leave the coding to the pro's. Whenever I decide to open xml files, either some major disaster happens somewhere in the world, or the entire world has another resession. It's not pretty!

From my earlier exploits, I managed to get BigFan showing up in the MediaMenu, and the view showing up behind everything else on screen when in music or programs. It was a true shocker!
It doesn't work? This information is saved in database?

Is it possible to reset to default, because I can't modify it because it's not allow to go back at the root of the tree...

(2012-04-21, 20:18)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 20:10)Hellnino18 Wrote: Little question, I want to change the "path to music library" in System -> Skin -> General. I put some days ago, a nfs path, but I want to change it to another path local. (with my cdart and extra fanart).

When I want to change it I try to go back on the tree, but I can't. Is it a bug?

This information is saved in a file I guess? What file I need to change manually to change my music library path?

Thanks!

pull and try again.

EDIT : Ok forget it it was in userdata/guisettings, I change it manually...
Any way you could add BD/DVD case option to shift view and maybe others?
I'm having a problem after updating Aeon Nox GIT this morning. All of a sudden I'm getting log info displayed on every screen all the time. I didn't change any settings, just updated to the latest GIT release. You can see the logs in this screenshot.

Any ideas why this is happening?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07