• 81(current)
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
I have Pandora Script working on my Acer Aspire Revo running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with xbmc 11.0 (eden) final. I had to grab some update that was released today 4/29 as I was getting errors, but it DOES work and works well.

Here are my questions and if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Any way to launch pandora script directly like I do with TvShowTitles and other stuff?
I have tried A) ExecBuiltIn(RunScript(script.xbmc.pandora)
And I have tried B) ActivateWindow(Music Add-ons)
Neither work for me in Eden

2. I am worried about Burn-In on my 65" Panasonic Plasma that I have XBMC hooked up on. So I select the "Down" button in Pandora which launches the visualization. I dont care for the stock 3 that come with XBmc for Music. I chose "none" and I have a blinking "P" in the upper left. I would prefer to
A) not have the P in that same location all the time. Can I turn it off?
B) either have a blank screen OR some kind of "Pandora" cool visualization that moves around? I am fine with blank though, but want option (A) to work so I don thave "P" burned in.
BTW, I just paid for Pandora One because of this. I have Pandora on my Panasonic TV-P65VT30 TV and on my Panasonic 3D Bluray player, but I dont prefer to switch out of XBMC, so this is convenient. See, pandora got my $36 just for allowing this.

Now, I really want a way to prevent image burn in on my Plasma (See above). I did notice that when I dont use the down arrow for their hidden thing, that my screen dim's, but I dont know where that is configured. And BTW, the option to disable the Pandora "P" Logo in "hidden mode" doesnt work. Besides, popping up on the screen every song what the new song is, that can cause burn in too. I would love the ability to control that.
Re: the logo - I used to accomplish this by deleting the file "pandora-p.png" from the media folder installed with the script (e.g., in most recent version, in ~.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.pandora/resources/skins/Default/media/pandora-p.png"

Now, I believe there is a setting accessible via the gui to turn the flashing logo off.
Tried to use Pandora today and got script errors... after checking this thread, I uninstalled the original and cloned rivy's ... still having script errors.
+1
Same here, script errors using the the git repository (original xbmc-pandora repository and rivy's). Since the solution borrows some code from the pianobar project (a command line pandora client), I was wondering whether it needs to pull in a new version from pianobar. Pandora changed its protocol about a week ago which required a patch for pianobar.
I've had 'script failed' errors since Thursday. Since I don't totally suck at python, I tried to track it down. I don't have the computer here (I'm at work), but I traced it back to where it fetches the keys. Fetching or refetching the keys seems to be broken, and the whole thing borks when it attempts to fetch the reason why it can't resolve the URL for the keys (print [something that fails to resolve the URL].reason - no attribute "reason" or something to that effect).

Even after commenting that line out and replacing it with a simple

print "URL not resolved"

It still doesn't work. Sorry I can't give more specific info, I'll do a pastebin next chance I get.

I've tried wiping it and installing it via git clone/pull, rebooting, everything. I'd rather not wipe XBMC and reinstall, but that's the only thing I can think of that will make it work like it did before Thursday.

My machine is an ancient 512mb Mac Mini Core 2 Duo running Mac OSX 10.5.8, so maybe it's an issue with the version of python installed on it. I realize this is pathetic, but as a media center it works fine for everything else.

Thanks much to spbogie! When the plugin worked, it was brilliant. I can't seem to train last.fm to play the tracks my Pandora station with the same search criteria did, which is a problem, because my wife totally loved it and it was one button away. She has no patience for hacking or browsing, so it's a wonder she married me at all, but that's the way of it. I love the Pandora plugin, and hope to get it working soon.

cheers
New Git version fixed the problem
Still working fine.

If you had a working pandora before last weeks change, just replace pandora.py with the one I posted in the libpandora directory.

If you're doing a new install, no idea. Maybe try from rivy's git above.

If still not working, you're probably doing something wrong ;8
Use this zip for new or update install.
If you still get errors after updating, uninstall Pandora. Delete the "script.xbmc.pandora" folder from addons if still there. Then delete the "script.xbmc.pandora" folder from /userdata/addon_data. Re-install from this zip and put your login info in Pandora settings. BOOM! Working!

http://www.box.com/s/f18b9263cd43b5101ecb
(2012-05-03, 02:15)Dixon Butz Wrote: Use this zip for new or update install.
If you still get errors after updating, uninstall Pandora. Delete the "script.xbmc.pandora" folder from addons if still there. Then delete the "script.xbmc.pandora" folder from /userdata/addon_data. Re-install from this zip and put your login info in Pandora settings. BOOM! Working!

http://www.box.com/s/f18b9263cd43b5101ecb

Nope, script error. Also get a script error using the latest github.

crypt_key_input.h is no longer part of libpiano, which is why you get that 404 error. Take out the references to that url and there's no script error but the keys fail to load.
I am pretty new to the scripting for XBMC but have had some experience with AutoCAD lisp and scripts. I took a look at the debug report and noticed that the file at github for pianobar is no longer present (crypt_key_input.h and output.h) and replaced the url lookup to crypt.h for both key input and outputs to recieve the correct keys, or from my understanding of this script. Now I have a newer issue with a range problem from the crypt.h file within the pandora pluggin and am not sure how to correct this. I have pasted the debug report below.

23:36:18 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: Initializing v1.2.10
23:36:18 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: sys.platform = win32
23:36:18 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: Loading key from file "C:\Users\Entertain\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.pandora\key_in"
23:36:18 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: Downloading key from url "https://raw.github.com/PromyLOPh/pianobar/master/src/libpiano/crypt.h"
23:36:20 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: Loading key from file "C:\Users\Entertain\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.pandora\key_out"
23:36:20 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: Downloading key from url "https://raw.github.com/PromyLOPh/pianobar/master/src/libpiano/crypt.h"
23:36:20 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: Saving keys
23:36:20 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: dataDir = "C:\Users\Entertain\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.pandora\"
23:36:20 T:1312 NOTICE: PANDORA: dataDir.isDir? True
23:36:20 T:1312 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
23:36:20 T:1312 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
23:36:20 T:1312 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Entertain\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\default.py", line 248, in <module>
panda = Panda()
File "C:\Users\Entertain\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\default.py", line 82, in __init__
while not self.auth():
File "C:\Users\Entertain\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\default.py", line 112, in auth
ret = self.pandora.authListener( user, pwd )
File "C:\Users\Entertain\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\libpandora\pandora.py", line 80, in authListener
enc = crypt.encryptString( req, self.keys['out'] )
File "C:\Users\Entertain\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.pandora\libpandora\crypt.py", line 97, in encryptString
r ^= key["p"][ key["n"] ]
IndexError: list index out of range
23:36:37 T:6492 WARNING: Failed to find previously selected audio sink
23:36:39 T:6492 NOTICE: Log level changed to 2
23:36:39 T:6492 NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 2.
pianobar has moved to using the JSON interface, instead of the XMLRPC interface, which is why the crypt files are gone. The new ones you tried to use aren't the right format for libpandora.py. The previous ones can be found at the URL https://raw.github.com/PromyLOPh/pianoba.../libpiano/ (change this at the top of keys.py)

When I use these old keys though, I get an invalid client error from Pandora. It was working for me before, so I suspect Pandora has specifically blocked the client ID used by the previous version of pianobar now.

I suspect libpandora.py is going to need to be moved to the JSON interface as well.

So it seems I never updated to 1.2.10. I've been running 1.2.9 by manually applying the quick fixes. Those crypt files are stored locally on that one. So running great for me.
Since XBMC really doesn't do Pandora or Netflix, what are people that want to use Pandora and Netflix using these days? I like XBMC, but I'm beginning to lose the WAF war.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon11