• 20(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
(2012-05-07, 20:50)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 20:28)dj_gerbil Wrote: Hi ruuk, just test the latest build on TVC's forum to see if I can delete a post and I can't. I get an error saying "I might not have permission". I've posted my log for you here. Hope it helps Smile
Was it your own post (this probably shouldn't matter, but is useful to know)? There's no more info in the log than the message you get (and there's no error)
It may be that either it's not enabled in the Tapatalk config for the forum, or that it doesn't work on some plugin versions. I'll probably just leave it as is as it may work for some situations, and only moderators are going to be able to do it right now anyway.
It was perhaps useful to see some flags that are set when your a moderator.
You at least confirmed that it's detecting your moderator status and allowing the delete option to show.

It was my own post, although as you say, it doesn't make any difference as I'm a super mod. I've deleted posts before using the TapaTalk app on my phone so it should have worked. Glad the rest of the info was useful, let me know if you need me to test some more Smile
(2012-05-07, 20:54)dj_gerbil Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 20:50)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 20:28)dj_gerbil Wrote: Hi ruuk, just test the latest build on TVC's forum to see if I can delete a post and I can't. I get an error saying "I might not have permission". I've posted my log for you here. Hope it helps Smile
Was it your own post (this probably shouldn't matter, but is useful to know)? There's no more info in the log than the message you get (and there's no error)
It may be that either it's not enabled in the Tapatalk config for the forum, or that it doesn't work on some plugin versions. I'll probably just leave it as is as it may work for some situations, and only moderators are going to be able to do it right now anyway.
It was perhaps useful to see some flags that are set when your a moderator.
You at least confirmed that it's detecting your moderator status and allowing the delete option to show.

It was my own post, although as you say, it doesn't make any difference as I'm a super mod. I've deleted posts before using the TapaTalk app on my phone so it should have worked. Glad the rest of the info was useful, let me know if you need me to test some more Smile
Thanks for telling me about your previous success with the phone. I'll have to look closer I guess.
Version 0.9.37

Changes:
- Forumrunner: Fixed a bug causing an error with no message on login failure
- When 'reverse posts' and 'open thread at newest post' are enabled it no longer jumps to the bottom
- Reversed PM listings so that newest is at the top.
- Fixed new bug with boxee error when showing private messages

On my REPO.

hasselhof - try this out. It might still fail to login, but should give a login error.
(2012-05-07, 21:21)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.37

Changes:
- When 'reverse posts' and 'open thread at newest post' are enabled it no longer jumps to the bottom

On my REPO.

hasselhof - try this out. It might still fail to login, but should give a login error.

Hi ruuk, very quick updateBig Grin

Here is the log :-http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/xbmc.log
it contains the error message
just tried in a browser to log in and it did, but not with forum browser

the reverse post etc issue is now fixed Big Grin

thanks

John
(2012-05-07, 21:42)hasselhof Wrote:

Changes:

On my REPO.

thanks

John

It says username error. Did that show up on the main screen by the logged in indicator?

In any case it would seem your username is perhaps entered incorrectly.
(2012-05-07, 22:00)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 21:42)hasselhof Wrote:

Changes:

On my REPO.

thanks

John

It says username error. Did that show up on the main screen by the logged in indicator?

yes error showed, not sure why as I can login in my browser
(2012-05-07, 22:38)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 22:00)ruuk Wrote: It says username error. Did that show up on the main screen by the logged in indicator?

Did you try re-entering it?
(2012-05-07, 22:42)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 22:38)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 22:00)ruuk Wrote: It says username error. Did that show up on the main screen by the logged in indicator?

Did you try re-entering it?

yes tried many times
im of to bed now early start in the morning
thanks
Hi ruuk
I can see the indented sub forums now Smile
Version 0.9.38

Changes:
- Changed forumrunner icon to forumrunner android icon
- Removed 'Threads' from upper left corner when in subscriptions view
- Fixed error when canceling some operations
- Added a prompt to restart forum browser when switching skins
- When unsubscribing within subscriptions view, unsubscribed item is now removed
- Fixed focus issue on image viewer window with mouse support disabled
- Added white background on image viewer for dark skin for viewing of images with transparent background
- On forums view, focus now goes to stop button when loading, plus changed stop nofocus image and fixed navigation to/from stop button
- On Threads and Posts views, focus now goes to stop button when loading, plus changed stop nofocus image
- Removed 'Default' from 'Skin' setting in addon settings as it was confusing
- Added Forum Browser version number over change forum button
- Added help for message view
- Added help for image viewer
- Added activity splash when waiting for 'add from online database' menu
- Improved contrast of progress bars
- Added white backgrounds to images on logo chooser dialog to properly view images with transparent background
- Added colored borders to message dialogs indicating success, failure and script error (green, yellow and red)
- Logo chooser dialog now properly removes duplicate images.
- Now using custom font on forums view and threads view

On my REPO.
I've noticed in the pm page that your login indicator is grey, yet you are online
also can it be made possible to see sent items etc.
Thanks
Smile

Just seen your update will check it out

hi ruuk
that's one big update, will need more time to test, haven't tested everything
I can confirm that the restart on skin change message works
The contrast is a whole lot better on progress bar
The fonts look nice
The green and yellow border surrounding messages look great(not managed a red one yet)
The subscriptions page has now not got a description in top left corner
The unsubscribe form thread/forum is cleared straight away.
Not so keen on the forum runner icon(I'm very fussySmile)
As I say will need a bit more time to look at it all properly
Thanks for the update, It really is looking top notch.

(2012-05-08, 21:32)hasselhof Wrote: I've noticed in the pm page that your login indicator is grey, yet you are online
also can it be made possible to see sent items etc.
Thanks
Smile
Fixed the online status thing for the next version.
Added the option to see other boxes to my 'after main repo' TODO list
(2012-05-08, 22:06)hasselhof Wrote: Not so keen on the forum runner icon(I'm very fussySmile)
Well, I liked the icon idea you showed me, but then I saw there was an actual icon for the app. Since I am 's app icon I figured it made sense to use Forumrunner's app icon. I may change it Smile

Hi Ruuk,

Not sure if it's by design or not, but where you've got the boxes around the quotes, on my screen 1024x768 the right hand end of the boxes are missing. So far it's the only thing I can find wrong lol Big Grin

Oh, and when you submit a post, it jumps back to the top of the page, the oppersite end to the current post Sad
(2012-05-08, 22:25)dj_gerbil Wrote: Hi Ruuk,

Not sure if it's by design or not, but where you've got the boxes around the quotes, on my screen 1024x768 the right hand end of the boxes are missing. So far it's the only thing I can find wrong lol Big Grin

Oh, and when you submit a post, it jumps back to the top of the page, the oppersite end to the current post Sad
Well, the boxes aren't actually boxes. They are just font characters. Since I am dealing with a non-monospace font, I can't put a right hand side on the 'box'. What i do now is make the line so long that it goes of the screen, and since the line has no spaces, it doesn't wrap.
This is the best I can do, and it took a lot to get just this to work Smile I have to manully wrap everything in the quotes so that it doesn't wrap and break the 'box' and that with the colored nesting made a complex bit of text formatting.

Also, I added the the post jumping fix to my todo list.

test

test2
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5