• 7(current)
Yet Another Confluence Mod
(2012-05-11, 21:07)kevjs1982 Wrote: Argh! I notice my Skin's been updated and I've lost access to all my AddOns (I think that's the correct term - the Iplayer, 4od etc in the attached) - is there anyway to get them back? Alternative how can I create a Playlist with all the Video and Audio ones in it (or a list of my choosing) - 10 items isn't enough to put all my addins on the menu bar and the screen is now full of wasted space Sad But at least I can customise my backgrounds now Smile

I knew this would happen Big Grin I've been thinking about the AddOns, problem is i want the menu bar to stay down where it is but have an idea I'd like to try. If they could go just above the bar for people who want them and in those cases the media panel could shrink back to 1 line of suggested/recent media.

I think to increase the number of menu items above 10 would be asking for trouble as already the mod has to be prepared for hundreds of possible playlist options.

Off the top of my head I can't help you with a list or something for your addons, maybe someone else has a bright idea while I try get Addons back.

Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2012-05-11, 21:50)Mudislander Wrote: I knew this would happen Big Grin I've been thinking about the AddOns, problem is i want the menu bar to stay down where it is but have an idea I'd like to try. If they could go just above the bar for people who want them and in those cases the media panel could shrink back to 1 line of suggested/recent media.

Above would be fine - ideally with the search bar hidden (it's an extra key press for something which is pointless when using an universal remote control as I can't type anything) - I'd prefer to hide the suggested/recent hidden entirely as it's not something useful for me.

What should the "Hide Home Media Panel" option do? - XBMC has stuck me on 1.0.5 of the skin with no update option and this option doesn't appear to do anything for me.

Quote:I think to increase the number of menu items above 10 would be asking for trouble as already the mod has to be prepared for hundreds of possible playlist options.
Any chance of either hiding the power button from the home screen or adding "Favourites" (i.e. open the favourites menu - not select an individual favourite) as an option to put onto the menu bar? - it's a bit tricky to navigate to at present!

Quote:Off the top of my head I can't help you with a list or something for your addons, maybe someone else has a bright idea while I try get Addons back.
Got enough for now - navigate into the Videos folder view, find Video Add-Ons and press "info" (right click keyboard button I think - my remote emulates a keyboard so it uses standard XBMC shortcuts!) select "Add To Favourites" you can then add to the main menu bar in the usual way (call it On Demand or similar if you want it to fit) - The audio one (Google Listen) will have to stay on my favourites menu for now!

Actually works out better as you can see more addons Image
Perhaps just adding "Video AddOns" (and Audio Addons and Programs) as a menu choice for the main menu would make most of us AddOn people happy? They were a bit of a faff to navigate
(2012-05-11, 22:18)kevjs1982 Wrote: Above would be fine - ideally with the search bar hidden (it's an extra key press for something which is pointless when using an universal remote control as I can't type anything) - I'd prefer to hide the suggested/recent hidden entirely as it's not something useful for me.

An option to hide the search bar is an idea, It won't interest you but I was also going to stck the stats for the playlist on show there - you'll be able hide them.

Hide Home Media Panel - hides the whole recent/suggested panel.

Repo shouls sort itself out over the next couple of hours, my fault uploading wrong files, but newest version should be 1.0.7 . only 1 small image change and correct version number between 1.0.5 and 1.0.7

An option for "Favourites" can be added to main menu - no problem. Must admit don't go down there, my machine is on 24/7 and I don't keep favourites.

BTW thinking about it I've put in an option to hide "system" from the menu, was supposed to add settings to the shutdown menu but didn't. - So probably will get a call for help sooner or later Smile

Good idea adding a group of addons onto menu, would an option like the submenu for addons be OK

really like the update Smile
(2012-05-11, 22:48)Mudislander Wrote: Good idea adding a group of addons onto menu, would an option like the submenu for addons be OK

Not sure what you mean by the latter half there?

Do you mean offer the ability to bring the Add-ons item shown at the bottom right of

to the main menu bar?

That would be spot on with me. (obviously the Video one is the main one for me - the one in the screenshot launches the audio one!)

BTW this screenshot was taken with the "Hide Home Media Panel" checked - If I understood you message the suggested albums bit should be hidden? XBMC 11.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
@kevjs1982
Whoops, Yes the suggested stuff should be hidden if you've got "Hide Home Media Panel" checked - told you it's been a bad day, it was working. I'll fix it Edit - Fixed
That's exactly what I was suggesting the Add-ons on the bottom right of your screenie up in the Main menu. Actually I've just done it Smile but will wait a little before attempting another update as obviously a couple of bugs in this release

@Mrmills
Cheers !! Maybe the content panel behind the suggested stuff should be a little darker, and you'll probably notice I've now used the standard way of getting suggested stuff and not mixing it with recently added. Thought it may have been part of the problem with missing thumbs - but that wasn't it

Also users may notice that backgrounds behave a little differently eg something playing in the background over-rides all other fanart/backgrounds

(2012-05-11, 23:34)Mudislander Wrote: @kevjs1982
Whoops, Yes the suggested stuff should be hidden if you've got "Hide Home Media Panel" checked - told you it's been a bad day, it was working. I'll fix it Edit - Fixed
That's exactly what I was suggesting the Add-ons on the bottom right of your screenie up in the Main menu. Actually I've just done it Smile but will wait a little before attempting another update as obviously a couple of bugs in this release

@Mrmills
Cheers !! Maybe the content panel behind the suggested stuff should be a little darker, and you'll probably notice I've now used the standard way of getting suggested stuff and not mixing it with recently added. Thought it may have been part of the problem with missing thumbs - but that wasn't it

Also users may notice that backgrounds behave a little differently eg something playing in the background over-rides all other fanart/backgrounds

+ 1 for the addon button i the submenu Smile
had a chance to try the update out a bit more this morning, and still love it Smile
Visually i think there is a big improvement, only one little thing, the home menubar is massive as it sits on top of the dock.. its not that bad when in a menu with submenues but when its a playlist on the home menu it looks to big i think Sad
if the favorites and shutdown buttons got moved up besides the search button the menu could be lowered quite a bit... Smile
as for darkening the panels a bit, yes would look better, one problem though, the panels with movies goes under the info when playing music, would it be a problem raising the panel a bit?
The latest update has removed the different colour themes like fire and kryptonite you can still select the colours but you do no get the matching wallpapers now

These themes were pretty cool I was hoping more were going to be create however this has not happened yet
(2012-05-12, 09:30)protocol77 Wrote: The latest update has removed the different colour themes like fire and kryptonite you can still select the colours but you do no get the matching wallpapers now

These themes were pretty cool I was hoping more were going to be create however this has not happened yet

I noticed that, the texture files didn't go into the zip file Sad will be in next update. I'd also like to see more themes !!!

Also major bug will fix today - if add a favourite to the menu, nothing happens when you click it - major bummer

Also WARNINGfrom the next update, I'm changing the initial install, mod will now install the default Confluence menu eg Weather, Pictures, Video etc not just "System" on initial installation. Everyone who has already installed the mod will need to be v1.0.5 or higher for their settings to remain. In other words versions 1.0.4 and lower your menu systems will revert to default. Think this is quite important for users first look at the mod.

(2012-05-12, 09:30)protocol77 Wrote: The latest update has removed the different colour themes like fire and kryptonite you can still select the colours but you do no get the matching wallpapers now

i just checked my confluence.lite.mod folder and the backgrounds are still there
you could chose them from the background customizer..
know that that wasnt what you were asking but a fix if you like the wallpapers
Edit: didnt see mudislanders reply Smile
Now I feel like an idiot Blush The favourite I clicked on and it didn't work - well it was a movie on my 2TB drive that went west, so wasn't there to play.

Plan for today is bugfixes, these last couple of updates are quite embarrassing - don't usually release such bad software - Can put it on an application for a job at Microsoft Big Grin

So far have done

Code:
[B]1.0.8[/B] [I]May 2012[/I]
- ReIntroduced clock to Video OSD
- Added Options for Favourites and Addons Windows to Main Menu + Shutdown
- Added Submenu for Favourites and Shutdown
- Made Homescreen Media Panel slightly darker
- Bugfix Home Media Panel Hidden Setting
- Bugfix moved Music OSD buttons further left

Will add any other small/easy issues that pop up during the day.

Will be looking at requested options like moving/hiding search buttons, menu bars and other stuff mentioned by you guys, but not today - I'd probably stuff it up.

Edit added screenie with new menu options "Favourites" with submenu, "shutdown" and on the very left "AddOns"

Edit Again Just for a laugh Rofl

(2012-05-12, 10:05)Mrmills Wrote:

i just checked my confluence.lite.mod folder and the backgrounds are still there
you could chose them from the background customizer..
know that that wasnt what you were asking but a fix if you like the wallpapers
Edit: didnt see mudislanders reply Smile

thanks for the tip Smile

Edit Again Just for a laugh Rofl

[/quote]

hahah is that a my little pony for the wallpaper

please dear god do not add that as an optional theme i have a feeling being the only male in the house i probably get out-voted and end up with that as my default theme Sad
@protocol77

No, it won't be included Rofl But if anyone wants to download it separately, let me know

Hi Mudislander just wanted to say thanks for your efforts and the results are fantastic.
(2012-05-12, 14:53)Bradek Wrote: Hi Mudislander just wanted to say thanks for your efforts and the results are fantastic.

You're welcome !! As a mod it's got potential - if I stop buggering up the updates that is.

Shout out if you've got any ideas, might be something I haven't thought of.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Another Confluence Mod4