Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 152(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2012-05-12, 18:49)itstonye Wrote: Having a problem...

I finally got Cinema Experience setup with videos and slides. Everything seems to be working as it should except after the feature presentation intro video it is supposed to go to the movie I selected to watch. It doesn't it just exits back out to the home screen. (I have turned off rating, audio and count down videos)

Is there something I'm missing. I'm activating cinema from the info page.

I'm running the latest stable build of XBMC. On AppleTV1. Using Quartz skin.

Are you using the version from this thread or the Dharma version from the repo?
(2012-05-12, 19:15)giftie Wrote:

I finally got Cinema Experience setup with videos and slides. Everything seems to be working as it should except after the feature presentation intro video it is supposed to go to the movie I selected to watch. It doesn't it just exits back out to the home screen. (I have turned off rating, audio and count down videos)

Cinema Experience 1.0.46 from repo
(2012-05-12, 19:25)itstonye Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 19:15)giftie Wrote:

Download the Eden version from the first page and give it a try.

(2012-05-12, 19:27)giftie Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 19:25)itstonye Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 19:15)giftie Wrote: Are you using the version from this thread or the Dharma version from the repo?

Download the Eden version from the first page and give it a try.

Everything works beautifully. Thanks.
There seems to be a bug when XBMC is set to automatically change the refresh rate of the display based on the video selected. When I play a video in "cinema mode," XBMC seems to completely disregard the refresh rate of the video and does not change it. Most of the movies I watch while using the plugin are in 24p, along with the trailers that play before it and the feature presentation video intro, but it the display just remains at 60hz when I use Cinema Experience. Is there an easy way to fix this in the plugin? If not, I'll have to change the default display mode on my Mac Mini to output at 24hz. That way it'll change when I watch TV shows at 30p and stay on 24hz when I use Cinema Experience. Only problem with that is I watch TV shows on my Mac far more often than movies, so the display will be switching all the time.
Yes it's very good plugin for xbmc. I have one question, i'm french and i want french trailer (it's for my girlfriend...) have you got some idea ?

thk's
(2012-05-15, 20:33)yanathin Wrote: There seems to be a bug when XBMC is set to automatically change the refresh rate of the display based on the video selected. When I play a video in "cinema mode," XBMC seems to completely disregard the refresh rate of the video and does not change it. Most of the movies I watch while using the plugin are in 24p, along with the trailers that play before it and the feature presentation video intro, but it the display just remains at 60hz when I use Cinema Experience. Is there an easy way to fix this in the plugin? If not, I'll have to change the default display mode on my Mac Mini to output at 24hz. That way it'll change when I watch TV shows at 30p and stay on 24hz when I use Cinema Experience. Only problem with that is I watch TV shows on my Mac far more often than movies, so the display will be switching all the time.

Do you have the option for automatic control of the refresh turned on in the script settings? Also, do you have the refresh set up properly in XBMC's settings?
(2012-05-15, 22:20)matthieu299 Wrote: Yes it's very good plugin for xbmc. I have one question, i'm french and i want french trailer (it's for my girlfriend...) have you got some idea ?

thk's

I don't know of any non English trailer sites that provide scraping. If you know of a site or two, I'll look into building a scraper
(2012-05-15, 22:41)giftie Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 20:33)yanathin Wrote: There seems to be a bug when XBMC is set to automatically change the refresh rate of the display based on the video selected. When I play a video in "cinema mode," XBMC seems to completely disregard the refresh rate of the video and does not change it. Most of the movies I watch while using the plugin are in 24p, along with the trailers that play before it and the feature presentation video intro, but it the display just remains at 60hz when I use Cinema Experience. Is there an easy way to fix this in the plugin? If not, I'll have to change the default display mode on my Mac Mini to output at 24hz. That way it'll change when I watch TV shows at 30p and stay on 24hz when I use Cinema Experience. Only problem with that is I watch TV shows on my Mac far more often than movies, so the display will be switching all the time.

Do you have the option for automatic control of the refresh turned on in the script settings? Also, do you have the refresh set up properly in XBMC's settings?

I have auto refresh switching enabled in XBMC's settings and the refresh rate switches just fine on my display when I'm not using Cinema Experience. I checked Cinema Experience's settings and I see an option for "Disable Auto Refresh Setting" which is currently turned off. Kind of a weird way to put it since it's a double negative, but that sounds right to me - if I want to have the auto refresh switching enabled, I would leave this "disable auto refresh" option in the script turned off, right?
Sorry about the confusion.. The setting is 'Disabled Auto Refresh Setting' meaning to disable the autorefresh during the use of the script, it has a sub setting, 'Re-enable Auto Refresh for Movie' which turns AutoRefresh back on(if turned on in XBMC's Settings. This was a feature requested by users who have video files with different refresh rates throughout and they did not like the delay. If you set 'Disable Auto Refresh Setting' to off, the script should not interrupt the Auto Refresh setting. If it is, I will need a full debug log posted.

Hi guys,
I have every thing work fine with default player of XBM (dvdplayer ). But not with dsplayer, i already setup lastest version, but after CE done, it back to list screen,
also my remote work fine with dvdplayer, but not to dsplayer to...not sure why . I really want to add external filter for player for better
Since the dsplayer version is not a supported version of XBMC(yet atleast) I'm not going to focus on fixing the issues directly attached to the dsplayer version. For one, I do not use that version, nor will I.

With having saying that, I will look into fixing it, but require full debug logs.
Hi, I don't know if this has been bought up before but can't find anything;

Everything works fine, but when its all done it never loads the feature video and just goes back to the library view. Checked the logs and think its CDVDMessageQueue PUT MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED // Then it just goes back to the library view. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks!!
(2012-05-20, 16:28)xavierJ Wrote: Hi, I don't know if this has been bought up before but can't find anything;

Everything works fine, but when its all done it never loads the feature video and just goes back to the library view. Checked the logs and think its CDVDMessageQueue PUT MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED // Then it just goes back to the library view. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks!!

A full debug log is needed...
(2012-05-20, 16:45)giftie Wrote:
(2012-05-20, 16:28)xavierJ Wrote: Hi, I don't know if this has been bought up before but can't find anything;

Thanks!!

A full debug log is needed...

Thanks! I have uploaded the log pastebin here
Download the version from the first page.
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24