• 22(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Hi ruuk,

here are the banners/icons for you

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/
Version 0.9.43 RC1

Changes:
- Disabled the pulsing of the stop button over the progress bar
- Added dark overly when opening addon settings so XBMC skins with transparent settings windows are easier to see
- Fixed: when selecting forums listed in the threads view, stop button was not getting focus
- Fixed not logging in and logged in status not showing when setting passwords on boxee
- When editing a post, the post title now displays on the title button on editor open
- Boxee: Edit posts
- Fix: Delete now shows up for private messages
- Deleting now asks if you are sure
- Private messages view now shows 1 of 1 on the page button instead of 1 of 0
- 'www.' removed from name when adding forum both in Forum Browser and on the database. The database also now checks against '.com' and '.net' duplicates

On my REPO.

What the heck, let's call this RC1. We'll see if we can get it to release without getting to RC8 Smile

I removed www. from all the names in the database. This means if you add one of those forums and you already have it you will get a duplicate. Just delete it. The www. prefix will be removed whenever forums are added from now on, so this will no longer be a problem.
I just made the database return the list alphabetized.
(2012-05-13, 00:12)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.43 RC1

Changes:
- Disabled the pulsing of the stop button over the progress bar
- Added dark overly when opening addon settings so XBMC skins with transparent settings windows are easier to see
- Fixed: when selecting forums listed in the threads view, stop button was not getting focus
- Fixed not logging in and logged in status not showing when setting passwords on boxee
- When editing a post, the post title now displays on the title button on editor open
- Boxee: Edit posts
- Fix: Delete now shows up for private messages
- Deleting now asks if you are sure
- Private messages view now shows 1 of 1 on the page button instead of 1 of 0
- 'www.' removed from name when adding forum both in Forum Browser and on the database. The database also now checks against '.com' and '.net' duplicates

On my REPO.

What the heck, let's call this RC1. We'll see if we can get it to release without getting to RC8 Smile

I removed www. from all the names in the database. This means if you add one of those forums and you already have it you will get a duplicate. Just delete it. The www. prefix will be removed whenever forums are added from now on, so this will no longer be a problem.

Nice one ruuk, will check it out now

Test
Hi ruuk thanks for the update

The red pulsing progress bar has stopped pulsing and is much better.

The dark overlay on setting screen is perfect.

Boxee - cleared my login details, refreshed screen so I was logged out, filled in my login details, cliked ok, green light came straight on automatically.

"Post reply" window now displays post title ok.

New confirmation message upon deleting my boxee post appeared ok "Are you sure you want to delete post ?"

Haven't got any private messages on Boxee to try the new delete PM's maybe you could send me one, The delete PM context option wasn't available on xbmc.org

PM's now show page 1 of 1

Online database is better alphabetically, cleaning the database of all the www.'s looks better. I deleted all my local forums containing www., and re enabled them.

Could the rectangle around the forums on the choose forum window be changed to a different colour to be better seen ?.

Got a red window to appearSmile In Boxee when editing my post got an error "errno2 no such file or directory /home/ruuk/test.txt"

All looking really good thanks.

I have got a yellow box on my last two posts saying "error getting posts, please try again" "No posts"
I then click ok, click refresh from the context menu and my post appears ok.
Maybe it's something to do with my internet or traffic on the forum.
Version 0.9.44 RC2

Changes:
- Removed testing code

On my REPO.

Forgot to remove some testing code. That was the cause of the "errno2 no such file or directory /home/ruuk/test.txt" error.
(2012-05-13, 01:21)hasselhof Wrote: Could the rectangle around the forums on the choose forum window be changed to a different colour to be better seen ?.
Well, I'm not happy with the whole look of the choose forum dialog. I'll be changing it at some point.
(2012-05-13, 01:21)hasselhof Wrote: I have got a yellow box on my last two posts saying "error getting posts, please try again" "No posts"
I then click ok, click refresh from the context menu and my post appears ok.
Maybe it's something to do with my internet or traffic on the forum.
After submitting a new post? And on what forum?
Also, if it happens again, could you send me a log?

Thanks

(2012-05-13, 01:21)hasselhof Wrote: Haven't got any private messages on Boxee to try the new delete PM's maybe you could send me one, The delete PM context option wasn't available on xbmc.org
I'll send you one, but here's a neat trick. You can send on to yourself. That's how I test it Smile
I just realized it's only showing up for pm's sent by the user, which is wrong. I'll have to fix that.

Test to try and get the yellow bordered error on posting.

Testing to get error on editing post

All seems to be fine today, no yellow error message ie "error getting posts please try again" "no posts" i thought my internet was a bit on & off yesterday, maybe I was right.
If it happens again I will post the log.

The original error was after submitting a post onto this forum browser thread at xbmc.org
Hi ruuk

Got your latest release, had a little go on it

was able to edit my boxee post, without red error box appearingWink

Retrieved your pm at Boxee thanks, am I right that you have added a delete option to both xbmc.org & Boxee to the PM threads/posts context menu ?
Because I can't see it, Boxee context options in the PM window at thread level is "Quote, refresh, help" and at full screen post level I get "Quote ,edit, help" & for XBMC.org in the PM window at thread level I get "quote, refresh, help" and at full screen post level I get "Quote, help" no edit or delete.
Maybe it's me not understanding.

Have you had any thoughts about showing of Forum browser on XBMC hub along with XBMC.org, they get a lot of traffic. Maybe you could do a youtube video with flashy musicSmile

(2012-05-13, 10:09)hasselhof Wrote: Retrieved your pm at Boxee thanks, am I right that you have added a delete option to both xbmc.org & Boxee to the PM threads/posts context menu ?
Because I can't see it, Boxee context options in the PM window at thread level is "Quote, refresh, help" and at full screen post level I get "Quote ,edit, help" & for XBMC.org in the PM window at thread level I get "quote, refresh, help" and at full screen post level I get "Quote, help" no edit or delete.
Maybe it's me not understanding.
You may have missed in my previous post that I noticed that delete was only showing up for posts from yourself. I've fixed it for the next version. Edit shouldn't be on PM's because you can't edit them. I should add options for forwarding and change 'quote' to 'reply'.
(2012-05-13, 10:09)hasselhof Wrote: Have you had any thoughts about showing of Forum browser on XBMC hub along with XBMC.org, they get a lot of traffic. Maybe you could do a youtube video with flashy musicSmile
Lately my thoughts go like this: Post ID quote thread ID xml parse user [^\]]*? while True for forum in forums is None
I'll check it out Smile

I think you need to have some me time, I would suggest lying down in a very dark room Sleepy

It's been a long slog to get here, and it's not much longer till the masses get there hands on it.Big Grin
(2012-05-13, 20:52)hasselhof Wrote: I think you need to have some me time, I would suggest lying down in a very dark room Sleepy
What are you talking about. This is my me time Smile
(2012-05-13, 20:52)hasselhof Wrote: It's been a long slog to get here, and it's not much longer till the masses get there hands on it.Big Grin
Uhg. The masses. They'll find all the bugs and then... oh I can't bear to say it... ... tell me about them.
Version 0.9.45 RC3

Changes:
- Now all pm's show delete option, not just ones created by the user
- Boxee: fixed some issues with deleting PMs
- Changed 'Quote' to 'Reply/Forward' in contex menus for PMs, and auto fill recipient when selected

On my REPO.
Hi ruuk thank you for the update

I deleted one of the private messages you sent to me last week form xbmc.org fine Big Grinit also asked "am I sure I want to delete PM"
tried to delete another and got the yellow box as described in a previous post "error getting post" "please try again" "no posts found" see log

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hansel...%20log.txt

sent you a PM via xbmc.org to test the new context menu reply/forward option, I think this worked ok, it said message sent succses .

Havn't tried Boxee delete PM's yet

atb

John.
ruuk
was able to delete Boxee PM but got a yellow message. This message appears also when going into PM's without having any messages.
I think its just letting me know I have no messages
(2012-05-13, 23:17)hasselhof Wrote: ruuk
was able to delete Boxee PM but got a yellow message. This message appears also when going into PM's without having any messages.
I think its just letting me know I have no messages

Thanks, will check it out Smile

Forgot to say auto fill recipient works ok in PM's
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5