• 195(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2012-05-10, 01:16)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2012-05-08, 17:23)jbaruch76 Wrote: Also the now watching guide is in the following format:
SxEE Title (S00E00)
I don't need season and episode number displayed twice, any way to change this?

Go into PseudoTV settings > Visuals and turn off Show Season / Episode information. Reset PseudoTV by making sure 'Force reset PseudoTV on next startup' is ticked and start PseudoTV.

thanks for the advice, unfortunately it did not work. i have figured that it happens exclusively with smart playlist that have more than one tv show in them.
(2012-05-10, 17:44)jbaruch76 Wrote: thanks for the advice, unfortunately it did not work. i have figured that it happens exclusively with smart playlist that have more than one tv show in them.

That should work for you mate. I had the same issue as you, followed the steps I stated before and now it only shows the SxE returned by JSON and removed the (SSEE) from the end of the title. You need to make sure you ticked Force refresh in the settings. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you. I set up all of my channels using XBMC's in-built smart playlist editor exclusively and they all have multiple TV shows contained in them.
you were right. it does fix that problem. i am still working on my other issue though. where two channels display season and episode with the title instead of the name of the show in the epg. when watching these shows, no info is available for them as well.
Hi guys
i have a problem with interleaving channels.
no matter what i try - it just doesnt work.
i have the latest build (and tried it with nightly as well).
i am trying to interleave a trailer channel so it will play around 1-2 trailers between each movie or show.
i put it on channel 1 as a directory and added a rule "do not play this show"
i started my channels from number 11 (someone said it maybe because the other channels populate before the trailer channel).
didnt work!!

so i tried having it at channel 40 as a regular channel and then interleaving it as well. doesnt work.
i checked the channel file and the trailers are not there.
any ideas?
thanks
on the configuration of the add-on you have to uncheck the field 'Don't play short videos' or something like this. Sorry, but I'm not using my PC with XBMC right now and I can't remember exactly the option name
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
(2012-05-12, 11:55)Ovokx Wrote: on the configuration of the add-on you have to uncheck the field 'Don't play short videos' or something like this. Sorry, but I'm not using my PC with XBMC right now and I can't remember exactly the option name
forgot to mention of course that the "dont play short videos" is disabled Smile
i wish it was that easy.

although it is a directory channel, does it have to be scrapper in order for it to show up?

(2012-05-12, 12:15)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 11:55)Ovokx Wrote: on the configuration of the add-on you have to uncheck the field 'Don't play short videos' or something like this. Sorry, but I'm not using my PC with XBMC right now and I can't remember exactly the option name
forgot to mention of course that the "dont play short videos" is disabled Smile
i wish it was that easy.

although it is a directory channel, does it have to be scrapper in order for it to show up?

I have quite a few channels playing bumpers and a music video channel that I have as directories. The bumper channels are hidden and and play aevery 5 to 15 tv episodes. They are not scraped and work fine. Perhaps if you posted a log, someone could help you further?

Mark
it is now interleaving only into movie channels and not tv shows.
weird
Ok I am having an issue with interleaving channels that I can't figure out. I have an interleaving channel that is only showing one show constantly. The show it's always showing is the show I set up as the base tv show. I went through the rules on the base channel and the "Don't Play" channels and noting seems out of the ordinary. One thing that I do believe that happened is I added or removed a channel, in other words I edited it. Don't know if that's the issue. However I cleared out the base channel completely. Made sure to tick channel reset. Let it run. It wasn't there. Then I went back and set it up, Still did the same thing. I have other channels that work perfectly. Any ideas?
is the "dont play" channel at a low number or a high one?
i think it has something to do with the fact that it is populating AFTER the rest of the shows.
i moved all my channels to higher numbers from 10 and i save the first 10 for interleaving channels
(2012-05-13, 10:19)EZ1976 Wrote: is the "dont play" channel at a low number or a high one?
i think it has something to do with the fact that it is populating AFTER the rest of the shows.
i moved all my channels to higher numbers from 10 and i save the first 10 for interleaving channels
Thanks for the help.

The "Don't play channels" are high numbered 200-62. The base channels are low numbers 1-18. I did manage to get it working by setting the max and min to an integer and adding +1 to every show I was interleaving, I noticed that it seems to happen with channels that have a a lot of different shows. I've read a lot of posts in the last few days and I'll admit it is frustrating trying to sift through 250+ pages to find an answer. Jason102 if I make some basic text instruction files, like how to import Hulu shows and how to interleave channels, would you be willing to post them on the very first page where you download the plugin? Or I could just send you the link to helpful posts (like this one and you could add it to the main page? I think it would help a lot of people and cause a lot less frustration, I know milkmans guide is up there with a lot of info but channel setup post was a tremendous help and I already made a rough guide on how to import Hulu streams that I could "pretty up" and send.
What if pseudotv also can play internet tv channelHuh and justin.tv channel

where we can send suggestion for a future update of this Addon ?

thx
or integrate it with dvb-t units. that would be extreme
I freely admit that I am probably missing something obvious here. I apologize for that now, in advance.

I am mostly trying to follow the PseudoTV bits of Milkman guide, when I have the money I'd like to attempt to do a build according to the hardware described within, but until then I'm trying to make do with an older desktop running Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.4 and my iomega 1TB NAS with all my files on it.

I'm not sure if I'm following the PseudoTV Network Manager properly or not. Am I supposed to run the application from a computer with the XBMC profile? Where exactly are these tvshow.nfo stored?

With the old TVTime I used to simply alter everything in XWMM to fit the types of channels I wanted. If a show belonged in RetroTV instead of its usual network I'd edit its studio field in XWMM and be on my way. Not sure if that was good or bad now, but it worked.

Any suggestions pointing out the blindingly obvious in where I am doing it wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin
I've used XWMM myself to edit the studio tags and it works fine. The network manager runs on a windows machine and then you just point it to your shared tv folders. You should first export your library as multiple files so that it adds the relevant .nfo files to the folders where it's missing.

Once that's done, point network manager to the main folder for your shows and it should pick up the relevant info from the nfo files. Once you've made your changes, you will then need to re-import them into your library.

But if you don't want to go through that hassle, you can just as easilly use XWMM and edit the show directly.
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25