Pico PSU advice
Sorry for the stupid question, but in the link I posted, if I use a molex to P4 cable then how do I power my odd?
I currently have the molex connected to a sata/ female molex cable from a slim bluray drive.
Oh... your PICO your ordered dont have a P4 right?

so how many things are you trying to hook up?

Your PICO has what? One molex one sata?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-10A-120W-A...2653wt_952

From the looks of it, it has one molex, fan cable and power connector.
Currently, I just have an internal bluray drive and an ssd inside.
Where is the PIC for your PICO?
Sorry, posted wrong link.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...3968722606
Ok so it seems you got this one:

So there is a P4

A sata for your SSD

And a MOLEX that you will add an adapter to become SATA right for your bluray.... (is sata your bluray right?)

SORRY it does not have a P4
I thought it was..... JAJA its late here and tired....
Get a SATA spliter.....

and then....

a molex to P4

Great, thanks again for your help Beer.
I am thinking about building a floppy/Berg to ATX-P4 adapter so that unused floppy power plug on the picoPSU can be useful. I have a male Berg plus and some p4 plugs. I just need a soldering iron. I have all the parts from a bunch of dead Dells I took apart and recycled.

One other thought is there is a male Berg to molex adapter. One could string a Berg-to-Molex and Molex-to-P4 together and avoid splitting the Molex (Ed: nevermind on this, the Berg-to-Molex only carries the +5V and Ground and the P4 needs +12V and Ground).
Seeing as you guys have helped me out so much here I'll fire off another question in this thread....

Is it a bad idea to have no fans other than the cpu cooler in this setup? I just have the crappy stock one at the moment, but may get something like the big shuriken if I find my motherboard and case can take the size.
(2012-05-14, 01:20)filthycatbox Wrote: Seeing as you guys have helped me out so much here I'll fire off another question in this thread....

Is it a bad idea to have no fans other than the cpu cooler in this setup? I just have the crappy stock one at the moment, but may get something like the big shuriken if I find my motherboard and case can take the size.

What case are you planning to get?

If you get what I have..... I have tested and no you need no other FAN..... just the BIG SHURIKEN.....
Anyways the PICO is small..... and the BRICK is outside....
If you don't have a HDD (just an SSD) and the internal PSU is the picoPSU, IMHO you don't need another fan. I would try w/o it, monitor temps and if they get too high (55C+) and the CPU HSF is getting too noisy then at that time put in a new fan.
(2012-05-14, 02:31)Dougie Fresh Wrote: If you don't have a HDD (just an SSD) and the internal PSU is the picoPSU, IMHO you don't need another fan. I would try w/o it, monitor temps and if they get too high (55C+) and the CPU HSF is getting too noisy then at that time put in a new fan.

+1

With mine and the stock Antec 65W unit.... only reached 34C with out the case fan and cage (watching 1080p).... you need to remove the cage that way more air flows in....
Now with the PICO it's going to be better since the stock PSU will go out and produced heat.... and also my bracket will go hence more better airflow.

And again using the BIG SHURIKEN and the RPM's on the cooler where 720......

Will make new videos so you guys see I am not lying.

Silent as it can be!

BTW! Even with Prime95 I hit 45C for an hour but this was with the case opened....

Big Grin

Honestly, if it's below 70C and it's quiet then who cares Smile. I used to think everything had to be as close to ambient temperature as possible. Going small you need to change your expectations and learn not to worry. Relax, don't worry, have a quiet machine Smile.
(2012-05-14, 03:51)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Honestly, if it's below 70C and it's quiet then who cares Smile. I used to think everything had to be as close to ambient temperature as possible. Going small you need to change your expectations and learn not to worry. Relax, don't worry, have a quiet machine Smile.

+1
aftermarket cooling options = placebo medicine for paranoid HTPC'n! If the stock HSF is quiet enough, then SAVE THAT CHEESE!

(2012-05-14, 03:57)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 03:51)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Honestly, if it's below 70C and it's quiet then who cares Smile. I used to think everything had to be as close to ambient temperature as possible. Going small you need to change your expectations and learn not to worry. Relax, don't worry, have a quiet machine Smile.

+1
aftermarket cooling options = placebo medicine for paranoid HTPC'n! If the stock HSF is quiet enough, then SAVE THAT CHEESE!

Why are you starting to hate Hook? it's the truth that an aftermarket is way better then stock, Lower noise, cooler etc....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pico PSU advice0