[REQUEST] TVDB scraper download entire series information
Hi I am setting up my media at the moment with xbmc (I have tried everything and landed here) but I really miss the ability to pull information for every episode in a series.
Is it possible for TVDB Scraper to download information on the whole series (including missing episodes and unaired episodes) as well as info like if it is still continuing or if it has ended?
Would it require a complete rewrite of the current scraper or would this be an edit?
Of course this would have to be an option as I'm sure not everyone would want all the extra info.

Cheers,
Matt
This has nothing to do with the scraper - it already downloads all episodes available in the episodeguide that thetvdb.com returns.

XBMC's VideoInfoScanner is what determines which map to files and which do not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ahh I see. Thanks for the info mate Smile I'm assuming that would be a bigger change than just changing the scraper haha
(2012-05-16, 01:02)anzerman Wrote: Ahh I see. Thanks for the info mate Smile I'm assuming that would be a bigger change than just changing the scraper haha

Nod A very valid point to change scraper since thetvdb.com is off the wall for some series, regarding episode content and ordering. Many of my tv-series are not correctly shown in XBMC and have to be shown as Movies in order to use the IMDb scraper and getting the correct episode order. And the moderators at tvetvdb.com's forum aren't very helpful with their "this is my realm, get lost" attitude.

Maybe someone clever could make an alternative to the (in some sense) useless tvdb-scraper, eg. next-episode.net, tvrage.com or even IMDb and leave thetvdb.com to their own private little party.

Peace out!
(2012-05-15, 23:50)jmarshall Wrote: This has nothing to do with the scraper - it already downloads all episodes available in the episodeguide that thetvdb.com returns.

XBMC's VideoInfoScanner is what determines which map to files and which do not.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but i am just after some information.
Does this mean that it would have to be a fundamental change to the videoinfoscanner or would it mean that a skin or addon would be able to map the information?

Cheers Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] TVDB scraper download entire series information0