• 44(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
(2012-05-19, 19:09)gman3042 Wrote: ran into an issue. I set a password. noticed that it was having issues once I chose the password and would just sit loading....for about 5 minutes and would never do anything. I removed the true from password and changed it to false and it still prompts for the password. any ideas?

ok.. if it helps,it only really does it if it's outside my network.. like if i did 192.168.1.3.. it always loads right to the page... but if its like mysite.dyndns.org.. i get the loading screen very often.. its very odd that i would go right to the cetontv channels page..
nevermind.. got fios.. and forgot to reopen all the ports (not just 8555)

<- FAIL
First I would just like to thank mcheng89. Your program is pretty amazing. I seem to have everything working now. The only thing I'm trying to figure out now is how to remotely connect to remoteceton. So How do I connect when I'm outside my home network. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appricate it.
(2012-05-20, 17:10)mikeniccy Wrote: First I would just like to thank mcheng89. Your program is pretty amazing. I seem to have everything working now. The only thing I'm trying to figure out now is how to remotely connect to remoteceton. So How do I connect when I'm outside my home network. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appricate it.

Do you know your public IP address? Do you have a static IP? If you do not have a static IP address you will want to register for a free dynamic DNS account (dyndns.org). You will have to set all of that up. Then, inside your wireless router, you will need to port forward port 8555-8559 from the outside pointing them to your local IP address/port of your ceton machine. So, for example, I have a port forward setup sending all inbound TCP/UDP traffic on ports 8555-8559 forwarded to 192.168.100.54 on port 8555-8559. Another thing I noticed is you will either need to turn off Windows Firewall or open the ports up on the ceton machine.

Send me a PM if you need additional help.
Thanks I think I have it figured out initially when I was attempting to connect I was getting my router login screen. I then forwarded the ports through my router. It works from inside my network I haven't tried from outside my network. But I had a friend try and they did get the guide to come up but no video. But not sure until I try for my self. Thank you for your help..
Ok, sound like maybe you have port 8555 forwarded (that is the port the guide runs on) but not the streaming port (I believe they are 8556-Tuner 1, 8557-Tuner2, 8558-Tuner3, 8559-Tuner4). So, make sure you have a forward for those ports as well.
Thanks for this awesome plugin!!!

I got this working internally on my network as well as on the internet. I am trying to fix one problem though. I am getting "No Program Data" for all of my channels in the Guide. I have configured mc2xml.exe and have a xmltv.xml file of ~220MB in size. I have not changed the channelmap.csv file at all. My cable provider is Verizon FiOS. Any suggestions?
(2012-05-20, 04:42)gman3042 Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 19:09)gman3042 Wrote: ran into an issue. I set a password. noticed that it was having issues once I chose the password and would just sit loading....for about 5 minutes and would never do anything. I removed the true from password and changed it to false and it still prompts for the password. any ideas?

ok.. if it helps,it only really does it if it's outside my network.. like if i did 192.168.1.3.. it always loads right to the page... but if its like mysite.dyndns.org.. i get the loading screen very often.. its very odd that i would go right to the cetontv channels page..

it's odd.. it has come back... just sits at loading
I have cox cable in wichita, ks but I am unable to tune to my premium channels 2401 and above. Anyone else have these issues?
(2012-05-30, 19:37)Riztnack Wrote: I have cox cable in wichita, ks but I am unable to tune to my premium channels 2401 and above. Anyone else have these issues?

Can you tune them with Windows Media Center?

yes I can with no issues.
Do the channels show up on the guide and it will just not play the channel or do the channels not show up at all?
They show up on the guide but do not play.
Weird... Somebody smarter will have to help. I am not sure about that issue.
(2012-05-30, 19:37)Riztnack Wrote: I have cox cable in wichita, ks but I am unable to tune to my premium channels 2401 and above. Anyone else have these issues?

Are the channels marked copy freely if not they don't work. At least that's my under standing. I have fios and all of my channels are marked copy freely. But have heard that tw and cox may or may not enable copy freely and can very channel to channel. Not sure if that's your problem hope it helps.

• 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10