Another "TV Show won't add" problem

I can't add any tv shows to the library view, and (with one weird exception) I don't see them in file view or any other place.

I've read through a bunch of posts about this, but I'm still not getting anywhere. I'm really new, but I've tried to follow the most common fixes, using therenamer for the files, using an accepted file structure, etc.

I have a small computer set up with xp to run xbmc, and an ubuntu server set up(probably wrong?) to add videos. I go to files - add videos, navigate to smb://mediaserver/shared (or something close to that) then navigate down the file structure to a folder marked tv shows, which has four or five series in it. I click "ok", then add the content as tv shows, using the tvdb scraper, check the automatic scan radio button, click ok. Everything seems to go well, it looks like it's gathering the info needed. After it's done, there's no new shows added anywhere I can see. I've tried using a different folder called "television" with one tv show, I've tried taking out the "season" folders and having all of the episodes for a show in one folder, I've tried putting one single episode in a show folder... every combination I could think of, nothing works.

The "weird exception" is if I'm using the "Back Row" skin, the upper right corner of the main screen shows a "Newly Added" box, which has the shows listed. If I use the up arrow and highlight any of those, I can watch the show, but it doesn't show the files anywhere else.

Here's my debug log, if I did it right... I removed the sources, rebooted then tried to add tv shows again.

I have the .old log too, before I removed the sources, I tried it too.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Have you read somewhere that Eureka - Season 2, Ep.1.avi is an acceptable filename for XBMC?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi farnsworth,

If you're new to XBMC a good start is the XBMC_Quick_Start_Guide (wiki) as it covers all the simple things that can go wrong (including the link sho has provided).
Most problems can be solved by reading it. Otherwise people have a tendency to think that the problem is really complicated and waste a lot of their time ripping servers apart etc when they're file isn't named right for XBMC.

Chris!

(p.s. well done for providing a debug log)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-05-20, 17:58)sho Wrote: Have you read somewhere that Eureka - Season 2, Ep.1.avi is an acceptable filename for XBMC?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

I dragged every folder for every series into therenamer after I found a post saying that improper naming conventions can cause errors. I then used the default output from there(therenamer program) in lieu of assuming I had interpreted the wiki page correctly, in case I just wasn't understanding the instructions from the wiki for some reason.

This folder is showing a episode title missing error, as was Law & Order, so I moved those series to another folder at one point and tried it. I added everything back to give a more complete look at the error log.

This is the debug with just Sherlock trying to be added. I can do this for each individual folder, if it's needed.

http://pastebin.com/ZKz4aJmA

(2012-05-20, 18:11)pseudo7 Wrote: Hi farnsworth,

If you're new to XBMC a good start is the XBMC_Quick_Start_Guide (wiki) as it covers all the simple things that can go wrong (including the link sho has provided).
Most problems can be solved by reading it. Otherwise people have a tendency to think that the problem is really complicated and waste a lot of their time ripping servers apart etc when they're file isn't named right for XBMC.

Chris!

(p.s. well done for providing a debug log)

Thank you Smile I did look at the quick start guide, but I'll be reading it more in depth, since I feel pretty dumb for not being able to figure this out. I have tried my best to name everything properly, and as I said in my last post with regards to the "Eureka" folder, that was added back in to the shared folder to give you all of the information from the debug as possible, as was the Law and Order folder. My problem is that every tv show is being effected, whether it's added as a batch of multiple series, or just one. I may be explaining it poorly, but nothing is showing up in any combination of files, folders, etc. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, it'snot uncommon Smile I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Also, I tried adding an nfo file to a series' folder too, as suggested in another post, with the proper url from tvdb.com in it. That also didn't work.
XBMC seems to be scraping Law & Order alright.. If you are not even seeing your show in the files node I am at a loss.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(2012-05-20, 19:54)sho Wrote: XBMC seems to be scraping Law & Order alright.. If you are not even seeing your show in the files node I am at a loss.

Thank you for looking into it. Yeah, I'm getting nothing in the file view, library, anywhere except in the Back Row skin, in the widget that shows newly added episodes. And that's the only place they are listed, even under Back Row in Files, I see nothing.
Sherlock seems to be scraped correctly as well.
If sho doesn't know what's happening maybe deleting XBMC and it's userdata (wiki) folder and starting afresh is a good plan - maybe something is corrupt?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-05-20, 22:18)pseudo7 Wrote: Sherlock seems to be scraped correctly as well.
If sho doesn't know what's happening maybe deleting XBMC and it's userdata (wiki) folder and starting afresh is a good plan - maybe something is corrupt?

I'll try reinstalling, then. Thank you both Smile
How are things with the default Confluence skin?
(2012-05-20, 23:41)sho Wrote: How are things with the default Confluence skin?

I had the same issues with the default skin and Aeon Nox, but I didn't install or try any of the other skins though.

I reinstalled it and it's working correctly now. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another "TV Show won't add" problem0