• 102(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2012-05-22, 19:45)Baloeb Wrote: Installed the update. Works great so far! Scrolling seems to be a little smoother and the problem I was having with the viewtypes menu is now fixed. Is there a way to add "albums" to the music menu along with "artists"? Those are the two that I use the most by far.

Great, thanks for feedback.

As for Albums it is as always: context menu - add to favorites - assign that favourite to menu item in skin settings - enjoy.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Big fan of your skin... loved it from the second i saw the ATV in my neighbours house and wished there was a skin that was exactly like it... and so i found QUARTZ! Everyone in my family can use it without the need for a manual! Smile

My quartz skin was updated on startup of my HTPC today and the cosmetic improvments are great... one problem though... under movies and tv shows at the moment, the only option i have is "browse" - no other options... i can go into browse and find my movies etc. but its like library mode is off?

Am i missing something?
(2012-05-22, 21:11)jayzirl Wrote: Big fan of your skin... loved it from the second i saw the ATV in my neighbours house and wished there was a skin that was exactly like it... and so i found QUARTZ! Everyone in my family can use it without the need for a manual! Smile

Thanks, glad to hear!

Quote:My quartz skin was updated on startup of my HTPC today and the cosmetic improvments are great... one problem though... under movies and tv shows at the moment, the only option i have is "browse" - no other options... i can go into browse and find my movies etc. but its like library mode is off?

Am i missing something?

Nothing changed in this regard on home screen so everything should be working fine.

Switch to Confluence and tell me if you see the same problem.

My guess is that either your library or user setting were altered / corrupted and new version of Quartz just happened to be in sync with this problem.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-05-22, 23:11)pecinko Wrote: Nothing changed in this regard on home screen so everything should be working fine.

Switch to Confluence and tell me if you see the same problem.

My guess is that either your library or user setting were altered / corrupted and new version of Quartz just happened to be in sync with this problem.

My bad pecinko... you were right... my son plugging in a usb key to the front of the HTPC caused the drive with all the movies/tv shows to change drive letter! (damn you win xp!) Big Grin

Just rescanned library and all is back in place... love the updates to the skin, it feels more fluid like and it just looks amazing.

I wouldnt have big bucks to develop a huge home theater setup like some of the guys here, (We here in Ireland are being nailed by the goverment in taxes at the moment!) but my old dell optiplex is running fine under my living room tv and runs perfectly... especially with your skin as the main user interface.

Thanks again!
(2012-05-21, 10:51)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-05-20, 11:30)pecinko Wrote: OK. Let's see if this fix it.

Unzip and overwrite Home.xml in "/skin.quartz/720p/" with this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2845737/Home.xml.zip

I will need fresh debug logs (with this new home.xml in place) if the problem remains.

Guys, any feedback on this?

I get this issue too with an Eden XBMC Live install, normally happens on resume after suspend. I've just updated to v3.3 from your repo, so I'll confirm it still happens then attempt the fix (probably later tonight).
(2012-05-23, 15:15)_Frosty_ Wrote: I get this issue too with an Eden XBMC Live install, normally happens on resume after suspend. I've just updated to v3.3 from your repo, so I'll confirm it still happens then attempt the fix (probably later tonight).

Nothing changed regarding this in new version so go with dropbox file right away.

I will incorporate the fix only after receiving positive feedback about issue been fixed.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-05-21, 10:51)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-05-20, 11:30)pecinko Wrote: OK. Let's see if this fix it.

Unzip and overwrite Home.xml in "/skin.quartz/720p/" with this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2845737/Home.xml.zip

I will need fresh debug logs (with this new home.xml in place) if the problem remains.

Guys, any feedback on this?

Sorry to report back so late. Buth the good news is that the new Home.xml solved the problem Nod
I'll post a debug log tonight.
(2012-05-23, 19:15)Haohmaru Wrote: Sorry to report back so late. Buth the good news is that the new Home.xml solved the problem Nod

No need for logs if the fix was successful.

So it is working fine at your side for a few days now?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi, I've just updated to the new version. I love it that the icons view now "wraps" on the left and right side ( though I still think it would be better if it would jump to the next/previous row when it reaches the end of the line =p ).

There are a couple of (minor) bugs I've noticed in the poster view:

- The movie title at the top of the screen is overlapping the collection icon.

- When you press "left" on the movie/show in the absolute bottom left the blue selection box will appear on the right, but it's 1 place too far: resulting in an empty selection.

- When a movie/show on the bottom row is selected and I press the "down" button, the scrolling animation starts at the wrong place (it jumps to the previous row and starts animating from there). The same goes for doing this the other way around.

- When holding the "left" or "right" button on my remote, the selection box moves very fast. It looks like it's moving very randomly. The same goes for doing this with the "up" / "down" buttons.

Thank you!
(2012-05-23, 21:09)generator Wrote: Hi, I've just updated to the new version. I love it that the icons view now "wraps" on the left and right side ( though I still think it would be better if it would jump to the next/previous row when it reaches the end of the line =p ).

Not supported by XBMC.

Quote:
There are a couple of (minor) bugs I've noticed in the poster view:

What's a "poster" view?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm sorry, I mean the icon view!
(2012-05-23, 21:31)generator Wrote: I'm sorry, I mean the icon view!

Cool, just making sure we are on the same page Smile
(2012-05-23, 21:09)generator Wrote: There are a couple of (minor) bugs I've noticed in the poster view:

- The movie title at the top of the screen is overlapping the collection icon.

- When you press "left" on the movie/show in the absolute bottom left the blue selection box will appear on the right, but it's 1 place too far: resulting in an empty selection.

- When a movie/show on the bottom row is selected and I press the "down" button, the scrolling animation starts at the wrong place (it jumps to the previous row and starts animating from there). The same goes for doing this the other way around.

- When holding the "left" or "right" button on my remote, the selection box moves very fast. It looks like it's moving very randomly. The same goes for doing this with the "up" / "down" buttons.

1 - will fix
2 - 4 - I'm not able to reproduce. System info, screenshots and debug log might help. Word of warning - only XBMC Eden is supported. Nightly builds might be borked ATM.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-05-23, 19:34)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-05-23, 19:15)Haohmaru Wrote: Sorry to report back so late. Buth the good news is that the new Home.xml solved the problem Nod

No need for logs if the fix was successful.

So it is working fine at your side for a few days now?

Well just a few hours but I can report back in a few days if you wish.
So far it's working great. Maybe the Fonts that are highlited are a bit tinyer in the main menu. (But I'm not shure)

(2012-05-23, 21:49)Haohmaru Wrote: Well just a few hours but I can report back in a few days if you wish.
So far it's working great. Maybe the Fonts that are highlited are a bit tinyer in the main menu. (But I'm not shure)

Please, do.

This fix for linux will make mouse usage on Home a bit funny and I would like to make sure it really works before pushing it out.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ok will do that for shure.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12