• 31(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
(2012-05-31, 20:38)Big_Noid Wrote: Poster on left side is imo not a good idea, but I'll discuss it with phil. Looking at that screenshot I do love the way that floor looks with infopanel on. Changed that just now that it always shows that floor with logos on and I really like the gradient effect it gives on the panel. Also the tagline was a valid point. Changed that also that it show the movie title/tvshow title.

Hey thanks for putting the movie title in there Smile

My thoughts about having the movie poster on the left was to basically have a total "eye candy" view, with just the Plot/Tagline/Title on the screen. (As far as written text goes)
Pressing "i" would give you all the necessary info that is displayed there now.

Thanks again!

(2012-05-31, 21:19)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 21:16)Deano316 Wrote: Hey BN, love logo view for movies. Did mention it before the release, any more thoughts on altering the view or at least adding the option to have just one clearlogo on screen at a time? I dont personally use the info, its just clearlogo and fanart for me. Wouldn't necessarily require the logo size altered but would create a great uncluttered look IMHO. Smile

Where do you picture a clearlogo? It's pretty crowded already. A mockup of your idea would help here Wink

i think deano means altering item/focusedlayout width so only one logo is shown. bit like bigfan then. not sure if that´s worth an option. or am i wrong?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-31, 17:57)kelendral Wrote: Question: When breadcrumbs are enabled, in File View, is there a way to get it to show more of the path? It only shows the current folder. I noticed on another skin that displayed most of the path and was wondering if that was possible here? What might I have to change/edit to be able to show more if it is not directly possible?

Thanks again, skin is my favorite overall.
Space is limited on the breadcrumbs section. I'd rather avoid scrolling or cut off text there.
(2012-05-31, 19:26)tmoe Wrote: Hey,

nice job on 3.0 guys! Really appreciate your hard work on 3.0. Been using Aeon Nox for quite some time now and have to say that 3.0 really turned out to be pure eye candy. Great job...

I just got one request though:
Would you consider using Filenameandpath also in SourceFlagVar (1080i/variables.xml) when determing the video source so it respects folder names. Otherwise I only get the codec icon instead of the source icon, since my movie files dont have BluRay, Web-DL, whatsoever keywords but the parent directory does. Does that make sense?!
If you already thinking about bringing back the SOURCE/CODEC toggle option from 2.x I'd be fine w/ that too Wink

Cheers,
-tmoe
Not a good idea as it would rely on the user to make a folder called bluray or similar. We do this in videoplayer because of a lack of filename infolabel, but its really not the way to go. Not planning on bringing back the source/codec toggle. If you do not want a source flag, dont name your media accordingly.

(2012-05-31, 21:24)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 21:19)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 21:16)Deano316 Wrote: Hey BN, love logo view for movies. Did mention it before the release, any more thoughts on altering the view or at least adding the option to have just one clearlogo on screen at a time? I dont personally use the info, its just clearlogo and fanart for me. Wouldn't necessarily require the logo size altered but would create a great uncluttered look IMHO. Smile

Where do you picture a clearlogo? It's pretty crowded already. A mockup of your idea would help here Wink

i think deano means altering item/focusedlayout width so only one logo is shown. bit like bigfan then. not sure if that´s worth an option. or am i wrong?
The flags do bother me a bit in the logo view. Having only one logo would remedy that.
Can't get to my PC right now to make a mockup, but I'll try to explain. The view would be as pictured in JohnVee's post, but would only display the John carter logo centred. Studio logos, ratio, tagline etc would remain but Instead of five clearlogos seen on screen you would see one. So with the infopanel set to manual all you see is the fanart, John carter clearlogo, and then below that studio, ratio, tag line etc. Effectively increasing the spaces between clearlogos so that only one is displayed at a time. Hope that's a bit clearer Confused
(2012-05-31, 21:26)Big_Noid Wrote: Not a good idea as it would rely on the user to make a folder called bluray or similar. We do this in videoplayer because of a lack of filename infolabel, but its really not the way to go. Not planning on bringing back the source/codec toggle.

Ah okay, I thought Filenameandpath would consider both, folder names and filenames. So that if the folder/path doesnt contain any info it will also parse the filename to retrieve source info.

(2012-05-31, 21:26)Big_Noid Wrote: If you do not want a source flag, dont name your media accordingly.

No, I _do_ want source flags but not codec flags for my movie files Wink Nevermind I will change variables.xml to suit my needs.
I am not naming my media... Wink

(2012-05-31, 21:51)tmoe Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 21:26)Big_Noid Wrote: Not a good idea as it would rely on the user to make a folder called bluray or similar. We do this in videoplayer because of a lack of filename infolabel, but its really not the way to go. Not planning on bringing back the source/codec toggle.

Ah okay, I thought Filenameandpath would consider both, folder names and filenames. So that if the folder/path doesnt contain any info it will also parse the filename to retrieve source info.
Yeah it does rely on both, but imo its not reliable to also scan folder names. Imo only filename is the only way to ensure we're talking about the item we want.
(2012-05-31, 21:51)tmoe Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 21:26)Big_Noid Wrote: If you do not want a source flag, dont name your media accordingly.

No, I _do_ want source flags but not codec flags for my movie files Wink Nevermind I will change variables.xml to suit my needs.
I am not naming my media... Wink
Just use a post processing script then to rename like the folder name Wink
One last thought about the movie logo view Smile

How about making the logos on the left and right of the focused item, a bit smaller?

That way you can have up to five logos on the screen, without the one on the far left or far right being cut in half.

By doing that, the movie that's focused will really jump out at you.

Just throwing some thoughts out there, please ignore if it's a silly idea Confused

(2012-05-31, 21:59)Big_Noid Wrote: Yeah it does rely on both, but imo its not reliable to also scan folder names. Imo only filename is the only way to ensure we're talking about the item we want.
Understood. ACK
At least on my side, with my media stuff, it seems pretty much reliable when using Filenameandpath. I have media w/ folders containing rls info as well as files with media info in it; no problem so far.
(2012-05-31, 21:59)Big_Noid Wrote: Just use a post processing script then to rename like the folder name Wink
yikes. not an option... i will not alter scene rls files.

cheers and thanks,
-timo

I asked this before, and I apologize if it is common knowledge, but after scanning this thread I am not finding it.

Can I add a custom submenu choice to a main menu item that does not have a submenu, or must I use one of the already created extra menu items to do this?

I want to add a submenu to the "play disc" selection that has a favorite on it (eject tray).
I don't know if this is related to Nox or the Artist Slideshow itself or it is just me or a common 'bug' but when listening to music in fullscreen and then changing the interpret, the slideshow in the background still shows images of the previous artist.

-> Go to music, choose to play an album of artist A
-> Go to fullscreen: A slideshow is shown
-> Leave fullscreen, choose an album/track of artist B
-> Leave fullscreen, choose an album/track of artist C
Question 
When using the List view for TV episodes, should the plot appear somewhere on the screen? In the Viewtype Settings, Plot is set to Full, but the plot does not show up anywhere on the screen (see screen shot below).

The plot does appear when using other view types.

Should the plot show up for List view?

Thanks

Aeon Nox 3.0.0
XBMC 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09 (Compiled: Mar 22 2012)
Mac OS X 10.7.4

(2012-06-01, 01:48)476429 Wrote: When using the List view for TV episodes, should the plot appear somewhere on the screen? In the Viewtype Settings, Plot is set to Full, but the plot does not show up anywhere on the screen (see screen shot below).

The plot does appear when using other view types.

Should the plot show up for List view?

Thanks

Aeon Nox 3.0.0
XBMC 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09 (Compiled: Mar 22 2012)
Mac OS X 10.7.4

no, it shouldn´t show up.

(2012-05-31, 22:55)voip-ninja Wrote: I asked this before, and I apologize if it is common knowledge, but after scanning this thread I am not finding it.

Can I add a custom submenu choice to a main menu item that does not have a submenu, or must I use one of the already created extra menu items to do this?

I want to add a submenu to the "play disc" selection that has a favorite on it (eject tray).

you could set a custom home menu item to play the disc and alter the submenu to your needs (this would make the main menu item appear if no cd is inserted though)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks.
Hi.
Great skin you have there.
I have one question though.
When will the 3.0.1 version which includes remote fix be avilable in official xbmc addon repository?
(2012-06-01, 10:49)dani77zg Wrote: Hi.
Great skin you have there.
I have one question though.
When will the 3.0.1 version which includes remote fix be avilable in official xbmc addon repository?

Today
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9