• 59(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
(2012-05-13, 12:10)modderhut Wrote: If compiled one and it's running fine for me on Windows 7 x64. I have not compiled full installer, these are files that you can manually copy and the instructions where to place them are in the file. Spotyxbmc2 source was copied yesterday and is original, no edits except a typo correction.

https://hotfile.com/dl/155772936/4fb963e...y.rar.html

remember to fill your account information in settings/addons in XBMC and the restart XBMC.

Hope that helps.

Just installed and till now it works great for me on win 7 / 32 Bit, thank you so much !

Tom
I would like to help with the merge, but I'm not familiar with Git also I think I miss the right tools.
When someone could provide a little demo or tutorial on "how to do a merge" it would be really great.
And yes I know that a merge is and I understand the language but I'm a native x++ developer and work normally with a total different enviroment.
(2012-05-17, 11:47)Jesman Wrote: I would like to help with the merge, but I'm not familiar with Git also I think I miss the right tools.
When someone could provide a little demo or tutorial on "how to do a merge" it would be really great.
And yes I know that a merge is and I understand the language but I'm a native x++ developer and work normally with a total different enviroment.

Had the same problem. For me this article got me started http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...or_Windows . Once you have that all setup with the source of your choice on github you can just right-click a root folder (xbmc) and used TortoiseGit to do a "review patch" what gives you the option to insert the patch to the source. After that you can build the complete installer as described in the article.

After debugging building a release version and only moving the compiled .exe from the projects folder in your source to your local xbmc installation worked most of the time for me without going through the hassle of building a full installer.

btw. I tried at first with the VisualStudio 11 Beta and got lots of compile errors, after installing Visual C++ Express 2010 it all went smooth.
Samsung 50" 3D Plasma, I'm old school, like to do everything from one main pc, Core i7 930, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7, 2x ATi 5750, 1x SSD, 8TB HD total.
XBMC with 3D subs working, SpotyXBMC2, XBMC Android remote, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, Newsleecher.
60Mb Internet
Hi all, I have a problem with an OpenELEC build I've made with the tutorial from Tompen.

Here the situation. Several skins use randomitems.py - a script used to show/play random/featured items from the library.

In my case, I get a popup saying there was an error with this script.

In the debug logs, i can find this error:

Quote:09:50:56 T:140435011917568 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 389, in <module>
Main()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 80, in __init__
self._fetch_album_info()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 257, in _fetch_album_info
path = 'XBMC.RunScript(' + __addonid__ + ',albumid=' + str(item['albumid']) + ')'
KeyError: ('albumid',)
09:50:56 T:140435011917568 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

I've asked ronie - author of the script i believe. He pointed out that probably the albums shown in my Music library (the starred albums on spotify!) don't have an ID.

And this seems to be the case: in MyMusic19.db, no albums are shown, the table is empty.

The popup annoys me, but I don't want to give up Spotify either Wink

Can anyone help? Are Spotify starred albums supposed to be in the MyMusic database?
Broken/incomplete link?

(2012-05-14, 18:03)modderhut Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 20:26)henrikyo Wrote: followed the instruction, had a fresh copy of frodo alpha (nightly) installed.

Did the install. got an error message when double clicking the new exe files, saying xbmc needs to close.

so i never got to the splash screen

Sry to hear that. I have compiled a full installer; https://hotfile.com/dl/155807063/ae17048...x.rar.html

If you want give it a try please let me know the result.

good luck!

(2012-05-18, 21:29)txmed Wrote: Broken/incomplete link?

link is broken, this is the right one http://hotfile.com/dl/155807063/ae17048/...x.rar.html

after a fresh install the add movies did not work anymore, was not able to fix it but found a workarround;

go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
open sources.xml with an editor (if the file does not exist add a music or pictures source and it will be created )
change the part between the video tags as below example, off course with your own movies location.

<video>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
<source>
<name>movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">E:\movies\</path>
</source>
</video>

Once that is set I was able to add more video sources using XBMC

Samsung 50" 3D Plasma, I'm old school, like to do everything from one main pc, Core i7 930, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7, 2x ATi 5750, 1x SSD, 8TB HD total.
XBMC with 3D subs working, SpotyXBMC2, XBMC Android remote, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, Newsleecher.
60Mb Internet
Is there an ATV2 version yet?
will this work with the new spotify australia that was released today? OH im so excited to be using spotify in australia now! i hope it works i want this working on XBMC!!
should work in every country where spotify is available. Is there anything special with australian acess to spotify?
doesnt work on Spotify Australia, tested and failed.... although it just launched here, might need an update
do you have a premium account? you need one to use spotyXBMC2
how doesn't it work? can you describe the problem?
Hi! Did anybody get it working with a 64bits linux distro? I compiled it successfully with XBMCBuntu, but it fails with ArchLinux and Debian (64bits). Yesterday I tried with Debian 32 bits and it compiles fine. Thanks!
(2012-05-31, 19:01)carret Wrote: Hi! Did anybody get it working with a 64bits linux distro? I compiled it successfully with XBMCBuntu, but it fails with ArchLinux and Debian (64bits). Yesterday I tried with Debian 32 bits and it compiles fine. Thanks!

Yes, the current trunk compiles fine on 64bit ubuntu, pastebin the compilation error.
Does the new audioengine have any impact on this, does it still compile?
(2012-06-01, 12:11)fldc Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 19:01)carret Wrote: Hi! Did anybody get it working with a 64bits linux distro? I compiled it successfully with XBMCBuntu, but it fails with ArchLinux and Debian (64bits). Yesterday I tried with Debian 32 bits and it compiles fine. Thanks!

Yes, the current trunk compiles fine on 64bit ubuntu, pastebin the compilation error.

Hi!

http://pastebin.com/SFJ4YeZv

Thanks!
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10