• 41(current)
Artwork Downloader
They come from xbmc database. Ut just asks what movies there are.
Make sure you clean your library more than an hour before running the script.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-19, 17:18)Martijn Wrote: They come from xbmc database. Ut just asks what movies there are.
Make sure you clean your library more than an hour before running the script.

Thanks. Just tried it again (after an hour) and everything is working as planned. Is there a mysql routine that refreshes this info from time to time?
Data is cached for one hour after it is run. This for speeding up sub sequent library calls if you want to make changes.

I will reduse that time in next update.
Hi,

I'm having an issue with the plugin.
It's basically freezing/crashing on the downloading part.

This causes me to to have ctrl/alt/del my xbmc down.

So,
I tried using the run in background option and watch local tv show, all as fin gain during the search, but when it cme to the download it actually froze my tv show from playing altogether and again crashed my xbmc.

It sits at around 2Gb of ram when in use (which seems large) and just completely freezes xbmc.

Win7,
Eden final,
Clean install (just reimported my library from seperate files)

I know a log will be required, but my reason for posting is perhaps Martijn or anyone already knows of this and is working on a fix etc.

Thanks in advance,

Is there a way to limit how many movies it will process at a given time? (NOT the limit artwork per movie).

I've got about 450 movies and have recently tried setting it to download on startup, noticed random crashes then. Turned debug on everything and last few times it gets to around 250th movie, then no debug no message, just boom, back to apple screen. (sadly, nothing in syslog and no crashreporter either).

Disabling the auto-run eliminates the random crashes.

If it could batch 10-20 at a time, then it would slowly make progress, but (going by the debug) it just parses everything to build the download list, then goes back to download everything at the end, and in my case that means nothing every downloads.

It works great for the tv stuff, both one at a time, and all at once (I only have about 110 tv shows).

Thanks for the cool addon!

(2012-05-25, 05:20)Vengent Wrote: Is there a way to limit how many movies it will process at a given time? (NOT the limit artwork per movie).

I've got about 450 movies and have recently tried setting it to download on startup, noticed random crashes then. Turned debug on everything and last few times it gets to around 250th movie, then no debug no message, just boom, back to apple screen. (sadly, nothing in syslog and no crashreporter either).

If it could batch 10-20 at a time, then it would slowly make progress, but (going by the debug) it just parses everything to build the download list, then goes back to download everything at the end, and in my case that means nothing every downloads.

It works great for the tv stuff, both one at a time, and all at once (I only have about 110 tv shows).

This is exactly what's happening to me Smile
I was just about to ask if we could set it off on certain drives or locations etc or limited to 100 at a time, then a break, then another 100 etc..

It's crashing for me every time I run it at the moment and can't get any artwork for new shows Sad
(2012-05-30, 13:30)PatrickBateman Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 05:20)Vengent Wrote: Is there a way to limit how many movies it will process at a given time? (NOT the limit artwork per movie).

This is exactly what's happening to me Smile
I was just about to ask if we could set it off on certain drives or locations etc or limited to 100 at a time, then a break, then another 100 etc..

It's crashing for me every time I run it at the moment and can't get any artwork for new shows Sad

No sorry.
It should keep last scraped data in it memory so re-running it would quickly start where ever it left.

Crashes is probably something else. Best post crashlogs + Debug Log in general forum section.
How can I eliminate the pop-up dialogue from appearing? I've set the settings to run in background and turned off "show dialog on finished/errors".

I just want it to run in the background when I start XBMC but I don't want to see any pop-up messages.

Thx.
Unless every one starts paying for the software and images it stays
I'm having problem with the addon downloading logos that don't exist for my movies. This results in the same logo being copied, maybe from cache to every movie that doesn't have a logo. So I end up with like 100+ movies having the same exact logo. Is anyone else having this problem?
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
(2012-06-05, 23:51)RandomNinjaAtk Wrote: I'm having problem with the addon downloading logos that don't exist for my movies. This results in the same logo being copied, maybe from cache to every movie that doesn't have a logo. So I end up with like 100+ movies having the same exact logo. Is anyone else having this problem?
IMPORTANT:
There was a problem on fanart.tv site that has been fixed now.

In case you had the same problem:
Remove the commoncache.db from your XBMC userdata folder (see the wiki for this) and it should be fine again.
Hi everyone,

This add-on looks amazing but I've so far been unsuccessful in getting it to work. When I try to get artwork for Movies or TV I just get "0 downloaded".

Log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1030379/

I'm using OpenELEC 2.0 Beta 4(1.95.4) and it's happening for all SMB sources. I get the same problem with cdart add-on so obviously something wrong with my setup but I can't figure out what Smile

I've checked that my sources have write access in case that might have been an issue.

Can't wait to get this working, thanks so much for looking.
More and more i'm getting this nasty error which locks my XBMC instance.

http://pastebin.com/QR0hx5gF

Any ideas?
(2012-06-08, 16:21)Goulet Wrote: Hi everyone,

This add-on looks amazing but I've so far been unsuccessful in getting it to work. When I try to get artwork for Movies or TV I just get "0 downloaded".

I'm using OpenELEC 2.0 Beta 4(1.95.4) and it's happening for all SMB sources. I get the same problem with cdart add-on so obviously something wrong with my setup but I can't figure out what Smile

I've checked that my sources have write access in case that might have been an issue.

I see a lot of weird things. Ever tried reinstalling OpenElec?
Also check your network connection and make sure you have internet acces

(2012-06-08, 16:22)schumi2004 Wrote: More and more i'm getting this nasty error which locks my XBMC instance.

Any ideas?

No idea. Nothing I can do about at least. Perhaps the full Debug Log would tell something
(2012-06-08, 17:16)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 16:21)Goulet Wrote: Hi everyone,

I see a lot of weird things. Ever tried reinstalling OpenElec?
Also check your network connection and make sure you have internet acces

(2012-06-08, 16:22)schumi2004 Wrote: More and more i'm getting this nasty error which locks my XBMC instance.

Any ideas?

No idea. Nothing I can do about at least. Perhaps the full debug log would tell something

Hi Martijn, thanks for the quick reply. Is the log I pasted not the full debug log?
One thing I've noticed when looking at the log myself is there seems to be a user and password in for the SMB that i don't recall putting myself. I have just deleted and readded the source without specifying any password and I'm still getting:

95458985792 DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://xbox:xbox@OURPC/L/Backup%20Movies/Men%20in%20Black%20%281997%29/extrathumbs
13:43:47 T:140695458985792 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://xbox:xbox@OURPC/L/Backup%20Movies/Men%20in%20Black%20%281997%29/extrathumbs'
unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'

When I go into sources.xml I can see there's defintely no smb usernames/passwords specified
Thanks again
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18