[Release] MusicBrainz Album Scraper
Some of the albums got scraped, but many other didn't get scraped. Following is a list of some of them that didn't get scraped:-

Go: the very best of moby - Moby
3.5 - Safri duo
Gold (Greatest hits) - Abba
Indian Timing - Panjabi MC
tron Reconfigured - Daft Punk
The good , the bad and the ugly - Ennio Morricone
Titanic - James Horner

Manual Search didn't work either

Using XBMC 11.0 git , windows 7

log:- my log

CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Can you try with scraper v1.1.0?
(2012-06-04, 12:43)nonob Wrote: Hi,

I checked "auto download information when update" in music library settings with default scraper: musicbrainz and artist defaut scraper : universal scraper.

While artist scraper has automaticly downloaded information foe all my music, musicbrainz album scraper didn't..

I have to manually search album information ...

Why ?

Thanks

Fixed in scraper v1.1.0
Hi, thanks but i don't see it in the repository at this time.

When i will update it, can i just do a "info for all album" ot sould i delete source..readd source..etc.. ?

(Maybe a manual "infos for all album already work with 1.0.0 , i didn't tried that...)
Odd are high that you will need to delete and readd source.
(you can do a force refresh from the context menu of xbmc.org repository to quicken up the update)

Or maybe just wait until Universal Scraper for albums will be release, because that will be superior to this scraper.
1.1.0 is still lot better

But whenever 2 artists are credited for the whole album, then search fails.

Examples:

The Social Network - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

The Dark Knight - Hanz Zimmer and James Newton Howard
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Well, not sure how to address this.

Probably you have both artists as an artist in the file tag.
So the scraper will lookup an artist like "Hanz Zimmer and James Newton Howard" which is obvioulsy doesn't exist.
Sometimes, the scraper no fetch information while the infos are available.

I try the album "Marina And The Diamonds" "The Family Jewels" to scrap without a album.nfo and with album.nfo with url, but no informations will load.

Thanks
Regards Zippolighter
(2012-06-10, 11:11)Zippolighter Wrote: Sometimes, the scraper no fetch information while the infos are available.

I try the album "Marina And The Diamonds" "The Family Jewels" to scrap without a album.nfo and with album.nfo with url, but no informations will load.

Thanks
Regards Zippolighter

Check if the album has an allmusic.com link on MusicBrainz. If not you casn easily add this yourself.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-10, 12:56)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 11:11)Zippolighter Wrote: Sometimes, the scraper no fetch information while the infos are available.

Thanks
Regards Zippolighter

Check if the album has an allmusic.com link on MusicBrainz. If not you casn easily add this yourself.

Indeed. Allmusic link doesn't exist for this album on MusicBrainz.
Please add it and you will be able to scrape it immediatelly (no waiting for cache update intervals, etc.)
(2012-06-10, 12:56)Martijn Wrote: Check if the album has an allmusic.com link on MusicBrainz. If not you casn easily add this yourself.

Sorry I don't understand this behavior.

I add two album from Marina and the Diamonds to the db. The album Electra Heart load the informations, the album The Family Jewels, don't load the informations.
Both albums don't have a link to allmusic.com.

So I add a link to allmusic.com for the album with the missing informations but if I try to update, I get the keyboard to enter album title and artist name in a loop

The log show:
Code:
15:08:37 T:6164   DEBUG: scraper: CreateAlbumSearchUrl returned <url>http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/?fmt=xml&query=release:"The%20Family%20Jewels"%20AND%20artist:"Marina%20And%20The%20Diamonds"</url>
15:08:37 T:6164   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0028C9D0) http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/?fmt=xml&query=release:"The%20Family%20Jewels"%20AND%20artist:"Marina%20And%20The%20Diamonds"
15:08:37 T:6164    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://search.musicbrainz.org
15:08:38 T:6164   DEBUG: scraper: GetAlbumSearchResults returned <results></results>
15:08:38 T:6164   DEBUG: Thread MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper 6164 terminating
15:08:38 T:6932    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogKeyboard.xml
15:08:38 T:6932   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKeyboard.xml) ------
15:08:43 T:6932   DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active

Zippolighter
Well, I was mistaken: this is the MusicBrainz scraper and I thought this is about the Universal Scraper.
What information are you actually missing?
(2012-06-10, 15:29)olympia Wrote: Well, I was mistaken: this is the MusicBrainz scraper and I thought this is about the Universal Scraper.
For the album "Electra Heart" the title list is loading. That's OK, The label and the rating are missing.
For the album "The Family Jewels" nothing is loading. the scraper go to a loop to enter album title and artist name.

What is the universal scraper?? In the past I use the allmusic album scraper and I get all the necessary informations that I need.
(2012-06-10, 22:04)Zippolighter Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 15:29)olympia Wrote: Well, I was mistaken: this is the MusicBrainz scraper and I thought this is about the Universal Scraper.
For the album "Electra Heart" the title list is loading. That's OK, The label and the rating are missing.
For the album "The Family Jewels" nothing is loading. the scraper go to a loop to enter album title and artist name.

What is the universal scraper?? In the past I use the allmusic album scraper and I get all the necessary informations that I need.

I would advise the Universal scrapers. It's a combination off the best of all. See if it stil hapens if you use that one.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-10, 22:09)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 22:04)Zippolighter Wrote:

I would advise the Universal scrapers. It's a combination off the best of all. See if it stil hapens if you use that one.
The same with the universal scraper. For the album "The Family Jewels" no information fetched and runs in a loop to enter album title and artist name

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MusicBrainz Album Scraper1