• 17(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Be very careful with these "to good to be true" deals. I have had two of them and it was a lot of trouble to get your money back. Also PayPal has pulled back from AliExpress as a payment service. So no Buyer Protection. Only from Credit Card maybe.

But just be warned. Also this seller has no feedback and he uses pictures from another shop. The same tablet I could find with the lowest price is around $170 ex shipping.

Some more info here:

http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/802826817-Aliex...-HELP.html
Well, now that is a valid point. I'd still love to see a buy in opportunity where members of the site could pool in together to get a number of these types of devices at a good price....
(2012-06-14, 01:26)bornagainpengui Wrote: Well, now that is a valid point. I'd still love to see a buy in opportunity where members of the site could pool in together to get a number of these types of devices at a good price....

+1 :D
Bornagain, this thread is about Mali being ported to xbmc and the ways to achieve that, I.e. different o/s, kernels, libraries etc, if you want to talk about buying stuff go and post on the shopping channel.
(2012-06-14, 08:24)Ribuck Wrote: Bornagain, this thread is about Mali being ported to xbmc and the ways to achieve that, I.e. different o/s, kernels, libraries etc, if you want to talk about buying stuff go and post on the shopping channel.

What he is proposing is a means to that end. I made a similar suggestion a few pages back, but that was another "too good to be true" deal.

In other words, that line of discussion is fine. A bunch of posts in this thread have been about how to get a hold of the hardware, where the best prices are, etc.
Fair enough, just personally thing that buying hardware would be better suited to another thread to keep the focus on mali development work
Sorry to have polluted this tread Rolleyes
I've contacted the seller by chat and yes it look like a fraud : not proffessionnal at all, he doesn't know his products, asking for western union payment with no assurance...
Sorry again about it.

Let's talk about XBMC portability.
New stuff
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/14/5...-cortex-a5
A snippet from the article that was interesting:

"I initially believed Cortex A5 was a low cost and low power version of the Cortex A8 that would yield lower performance. However, some synthetic benchmarks show that Cortex A5 may actually be faster than Cortex A8 and only slightly slower than Cortex A9."

Cortex A5 at 600MHz compared to a A8 at 1GHz or even Dual Core A8 would lead me to the assumption that the A8 would have to be better if implement in the right fashion. A 600Mhz Cpu seems like the same bottle neck affecting the performance of the Apple Tv Gen 2 systems. Anyone out there know enough about the ARM architecture to expound on this with greater detail?
Just got a letter from the postal company that my Mele A1000 has arrived. Smile
Downside: it will probably cost me ~€95 instead of €70 now Sad.
(2012-06-14, 18:52)Snippo Wrote: Just got a letter from the postal company that my Mele A1000 has arrived. Smile
Downside: it will probably cost me ~€95 instead of €70 now Sad.

Bummer, still a good deal though
Good news!

Miniand guys ported ubuntu/lubuntu 12.04 to mk802:

https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/1

The "only" part missing is hardware video decoding.
Hi all, if anyone is interested we are selling tablet PCBA's with the allwinner a10 chip, 512mb ram and 4gb nand flash. The boards can run android 4.0 ICS and ubuntu extremely well and hopefully, xmbc in the future aswell. To find out more please visit: gooseberry.atspace.co.uk and register your interest!

We will be selling the boards at £40 which includes a charger to power the board. The first few boards are expected to arrive in the next few weeks.
The interesting (actually most important) bits is the the second post

Quote:An update for everyone. We received our first stock containing a new CPU, still clocked at 1.5Ghz. We will be visiting the manufacturer this weekend so we will find out which model CPU it is, but our initial tests show it is significantly faster and Ubuntu runs quite nicely on it.

The way to tell if you have a new model with the new CPU is if there are small air vents on the bottom of the casing, which were added because the units can become quite hot.

Does it mean new dual core cpu from Allwinner? I don't think you can overclock A10 to 1.5Ghz reliably. Very interesting indeed.

(2012-06-14, 21:55)luciocorrea Wrote: Good news!

Miniand guys ported ubuntu/lubuntu 12.04 to mk802:

https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/1

The "only" part missing is hardware video decoding.

Shame there isn't a video of the mk802 actually running 12.04 to prove it's real, as all we can can see if a pic of a screen show 12.04 which could be running on anything.

That said would be nice to see as 12.04 is supposed to have better optimisation for Arm
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15