• 19(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Just want to chime in here. I've bought several things from Mcbub and they ship fast and have good customer service. Really one of the better Chinese online stores. They have a very good reputation.
They also have these: http://www.mcbub.com/item/Pre-Sale-Hot-S...9--148068/

(2012-06-15, 17:28)CrashX Wrote: How about this tablet ?
http://www.mcbub.com/item/7-Inch-AllWinn...9--147995/

Would this also work for Ubuntu 12 ? XBMC eventually ?

gimli you big driver tease you.............come on, you know something we don't and you know you want to share Smile
(2012-06-15, 18:27)Ribuck Wrote: gimli you big driver tease you.............come on, you know something we don't and you know you want to share Smile

Yes i do Wink
mmmmmmm so i should start making room for my aurora on top of my tv?
Is that a yes I do to knowing something or wanting to tell us lol
(2012-06-15, 20:15)Ribuck Wrote: Is that a yes I do to knowing something or wanting to tell us lol

Yes i know something Wink
subscribing to this since i was using the other thread for updates and totally missed this!
Tell, tell, tell, tell, tell, tell.................
This is super exciting!!! My Mini-X just shipped this morning, and should be here soon! Hopefully the software arrives at the same time! Can't Wait, keep up the good work, and please spill the beans Gimli! (I'll buy you a beer if you tell Wink )
Exciting times Smile

I don't even care if I have to wait a long time, just knowing this is destined to happen is enough to keep me patient.

In the meantime, it's a pretty useable device. I may have to buy another later.
I'm guessing that Tom cubie has finished work on the drivers and gimli has either finished or is just about there with the xbmc release to work with the Mali 400
Honestly speaking, I don't know the progress of the work being done on any of this by gimli or Tom, so I'm not trying to tease anyone one way or another, but remember, there's no ETAs on any of this. Don't be surprised if you buy a unit and can't get XBMC on it for months or even years.

I'm also hoping for good news that is sooner rather than later, but just a word of caution to those who are thinking about buying some of this hardware now before any actual announcement.
Gimli, maybe you should post the "Big Buck Bunny" 1080p video decoding test on Youtube.
Would just be nice to get an indicator of time, I.e. does gimli think it's going to be in the next month or next 3 month, 6 months etc.

The reason I say this is because if it's 6 months away many people might want to buy alternate hardware like the zotac boxes.

Gimli, you can't go teasing us folks and not give us a rough idea of idea of a release date, go on be a sport and make our Christmas come early by letting us know how many weeks or months we have to wait, I'll even say pretty please with a cherry on top if that helps lol
J1nx, just noticed your post, so by you saying post the big bunny test, means you guys have definitely cracked it. Come on we wanna see..........don't keep us in suspense any longer
(2012-06-16, 10:42)Ribuck Wrote: Would just be nice to get an indicator of time, I.e. does gimli think it's going to be in the next month or next 3 month, 6 months etc.

I second that, it would be nice with some info, BUT that would bring a time frame and pressure on Gimli which he obviously dosnt want

Keep up the good work, release it when you think its ready!
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15