• 4(current)
Option to use folder date for recently added movies
I seem to have come across lot of older files that for some reason have no modified date. This causes them to always show up as the newest items. If I have no modified date it should fall back to the created date, correct? The created date for these files are all back in 2011. They should not be showing as a recently added items. Do I need to add the <dateadded>1</dateadded> setting to my advanced file? From the earlier post I assumed this was the default logic, so I never added it to my advancedsettings.xml file.
Any file I download that gets extracted on my NAS (ext4) ends up not appearing in my recently added movies because both dates are the date the file was initially created by whoever originally made it, so folder date would be the only way to get it working.
Hitcher, so your files have no dates of any kind? Being on ext4 I am assuming that is Linux. Does a "ls -l" command not show any date at all on such files?
No, both dates (created and modified) have the date of the original file.

Here's an example of something I downloaded yesterday -

As you can see it has the date the file was created before uploading to Usenet.

- Added To Usenet: 25/Apr/2012 2:23:37 PM GMT
You can't use the folder date. We (devs) already discussed this on IRC. Whenever something in a folder changes the date of the folder gets altered. So just exporting your metadata into the movie folder would change the order they would appear in "recently added".
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-06-28, 11:01)Memphiz Wrote: You can't use the folder date. We (devs) already discussed this on IRC. Whenever something in a folder changes the date of the folder gets altered. So just exporting your metadata into the movie folder would change the order they would appear in "recently added".

Fair enough, any ideas as to what I can do?

Even renaming it doesn't change the modified date!
On Linux you can use the "touch" command and that should change the date. If your are using SAB, check out this thread.
(2012-06-28, 16:02)kricker Wrote: On Linux you can use the "touch" command and that should change the date. If your are using SAB, check out this thread.

Thanks kricker, hopefully this will fix it.

shypike Wrote:Often RAR files contain folders, these folders will get the date/time stamp as stored in the RAR file.
If you don't want this, you can use the "hidden" option ignore_unrar_dates (see http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-special ).

EDIT: That did the trick, thanks again.
(2012-06-09, 10:20)Montellese Wrote: I have merged the pull request with the default value being the behaviour that prefers mtime over ctime or the current time. To get the old (Eden) behaviour back <dateadded> in <videolibrary> needs to be set to 0. To get XBMC to choose the newer date from mtime and ctime <dateadded> needs to be set to 2.

Hello ,

I have been looking for an answer to the same query. I am a relative newbie with the following setup:

Dell Studio Hybrid 140G running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit. 4GB RAM/40G HDD/Core2Duo 1.6Ghz/Intel 965 GPU. Fresh and clean installed XBMC 11 (the latest available) version from website.

Movie collection on NAS HDDs. The NAS server is a thin client machine(Dell Optiplex FX160) running Windows 7 with two USB harddisk connected shared as windows SAMBA network drives.

The movie structure is that under the root folder, there is one movie folder (by the movie name) for each movie file contained inside.

The video accelerator is a Broadcom BCM70012 with the latest CrystalHD drivers installed.

Wired 1000bps CAT6 network running via a Linksys WRT610N router to connect everything.

Both network drives are mapped on the PC running XBMC as local drives with drive letters W: and X: (instead of giving a UNC path \\192.x.x.x\XYZ)

I also have seen the same behavior, when I created a library in v11 from scratch via rescan and even with the sorting method of "Date Added" in Library mode, I cannot see the most recently added movies on the top (in ascending or descending order). Instead the movies are sorted in a strange and somehow incomprehensible way and mostly they are random with some old movies appearing at the top and so on.

Just for information for someone in the same dilemma, this is how I handled the unwanted updation in the folder modification time.

I exported the NFO files containing the movie URL from Extreme Movie Manager before a rescan of the library in XBMC, this would help the land XBMC on the exact IMDB URL instead of incorrect scraping in case of many common movie names. Since the NFO file was created one per folder, the modification time (or mtime or LastWriteTime in Windows PowerShell) for each folder was updated to the current date/time. This would result in a total disaster since there would be no sorting on the latest added movies. However the created date (or ctime or CreationTime in Windows PowerShell) for every folder was still intact. So I created a powershell script in Windows 7 (with expert help from the relevant forum) to update the modification time of each folder to be equal to the creation time and also a script to update the creation and modification time of the folder with the files contained inside, since the files were untouched. The script did work as intended.

I did all this hoping that XBMC in ver 11 would finally be able to do this in the library view, to sort the movies on the basis of their modification or creation time as saved in the NTFS file system, not on the date when they were added to the XBMC library.

However now I am confused, is this feature available in Eden in the desired way or not. With reference to the thread subject and the discussion over here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1034 so far what I understand is that the XBMC behavior would be controlled via the parameter in the advancedsettings.xml file. Is this now implemented in the current stable Eden V11 release.? If not then is there a better way to achieve the desired sorting in the Library mode as of now.

Apparently the Joe Miller script which did the trick for me in Dharma 10.1 would not work in Eden as mentioned here https://github.com/joemiller/xbmc-script...1b121ba6f9

Thanks for your guidance and clarification.

As stated in the second post, this did not make it into Eden. For this feature you will have to run a Frodo alpha or a nightly. As a newbie this may not be something you want to do as of yet.
(2012-07-21, 20:48)kricker Wrote: As stated in the second post, this did not make it into Eden. For this feature you will have to run a Frodo alpha or a nightly. As a newbie this may not be something you want to do as of yet.

Well release of frodo seems like an affair not to happen in the near future. By that time is there any other alternate which can make do for the while.

Would be great if there is a temp fix for it.

Thanks
There is no "fix" other than running a nightly or Frodo-pre version.
(2012-07-22, 21:17)kricker Wrote: There is no "fix" other than running a nightly or Frodo-pre version.

Thanks.

Is it included in http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe nightly build of XBMC.

Just a couple of queries about the nightly builds.

1. Do i have to uninstall the stable Eden build or should I just install nightly over it and it will retain all the settings. I dont want to backup userfolder eitherways, since I need to build the database from scratch with the advancedsettings parameter to take the video file modification date for correct sorting.

2. Are the night builds still made for Eden v11 separately and for pre-alpha Frodo separately. Which one should I go for.?

3. If the nighlty builds for Eden v11 are made on top of the stable Eden version, then is there any possibility that nightly introduces any bugs which were already fixed and working in stable Eden. In other words if nightlies for eden do have any bugs, then they should relate to the extended functionality added over and above of the stable Eden version 11 and should be breaking any functionality working fine in the stable version.

Thanks for the information.
The nightlies are not for Eden. Nightlies are from the main branch which is always future forward. After a release is done, no modifications are made to it unless there is a major bug that has to be patched. So, in this case the nightlies will be pre-Frodo. After Frodo the nightlies will be pre-whatever.

You can install over Eden with the nightlies, and yes there may be bugs. There have been quite some substantial changes since Eden in the audio playback engine as well as other things.
(2012-07-24, 18:11)kricker Wrote: The nightlies are not for Eden. Nightlies are from the main branch which is always future forward. After a release is done, no modifications are made to it unless there is a major bug that has to be patched. So, in this case the nightlies will be pre-Frodo. After Frodo the nightlies will be pre-whatever.

You can install over Eden with the nightlies, and yes there may be bugs. There have been quite some substantial changes since Eden in the audio playback engine as well as other things.

So what is the difference between the nightlies in this branch

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/

and in this branch

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

and which is the most recent one to use.

Thanks for your guidance.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to use folder date for recently added movies0