* RESOLVED * Advanced Launcher Image Help
I have just installed xbmc 11 and this is on a new build. I haven't done a lot of customization or anything, I've added a few repositories and played around with some of the skins. My problem is with Advanced Launcher. I was able to get the latest version (1.8 or something like that) and it seems to scan all the games in the directory fine; however, when I use the thumbnail and fan art feature, some of the files display and some don't. Any suggestions?
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
Some of the fanart doesn't display?

Do you have the correcr artwork available for the games? Perhaps it can't find the proper artwork?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-06-29, 01:09)lrusak Wrote: Some of the fanart doesn't display?

Do you have the correcr artwork available for the games? Perhaps it can't find the proper artwork?

Not entirely sure what you mean by correct artwork ... I set it up and use Google as the image search for the thumbs and an art. I select the case art (when available) for the thumb and usually the start screen for the game as the fan art. Is that not correct?
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
(2012-06-29, 01:11)helpermonkey Wrote:
(2012-06-29, 01:09)lrusak Wrote: Some of the fanart doesn't display?

Not entirely sure what you mean by correct artwork ... I set it up and use Google as the image search for the thumbs and an art. I select the case art (when available) for the thumb and usually the start screen for the game as the fan art. Is that not correct?
The Google scraper is generally the scraper to use, when the other scrapers are not able to found result. Advantage of the Google scraper is that it allow to search in all kind of images. But the main inconvenient of this scraper is that it is based on Google images search engine. Result correspond to images refered by Google images. But in some case the refered images do not exist anymore of the refered pages... and in this case, surely your case, Advanced Launcher cannot scrap the images.

Google scraper is good to manual scraping but not at all for automatic scraping.
(2012-06-29, 02:42)Angelscry Wrote: Not entirely sure what you mean by correct artwork ... I set it up and use Google as the image search for the thumbs and an art. I select the case art (when available) for the thumb and usually the start screen for the game as the fan art. Is that not correct?
The Google scraper is generally the scraper to use, when the other scrapers are not able to found result. Advantage of the Google scraper is that it allow to search in all kind of images. But the main inconvenient of this scraper is that it is based on Google images search engine. Result correspond to images refered by Google images. But in some case the refered images do not exist anymore of the refered pages... and in this case, surely your case, Advanced Launcher cannot scrap the images.

Google scraper is good to manual scraping but not at all for automatic scraping.
[/quote]

Yeah, I see that it's not grabbing all of the images. So i guess what you're saying is that i either need to use trial and error or just download them manually and point to them that way. Thanks for the help!
The Mi7 (full specs)
(2012-06-29, 02:46)helpermonkey Wrote:
(2012-06-29, 02:42)Angelscry Wrote: Not entirely sure what you mean by correct artwork ... I set it up and use Google as the image search for the thumbs and an art. I select the case art (when available) for the thumb and usually the start screen for the game as the fan art. Is that not correct?

Yeah, I see that it's not grabbing all of the images. So i guess what you're saying is that i either need to use trial and error or just download them manually and point to them that way. Thanks for the help!
No... I just saying that the Google scraper is not the best one for automatic scan. If you want to automatically scrap images (thumb and fanart) use GameFAQ, MobyGame or TheGamesDB scraper. These scrapers are dedicated for games. The Google scraper is for all kind of images.... not just games. With Google scraper, if you search for mario and luigi games you can obtain for example this result :

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
* RESOLVED * Advanced Launcher Image Help0