• 18(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script
Is there any way to add addic7ed to this add-on?

EDIT: Found this "- removed Addic7ed service, requested by alex from Addic7ed.com"

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
can not complete subtitle downloading. it just hangs there.
Here is the Log http://pastebin.com/Y3PDQVkz

Can you please help me out here
(2012-06-27, 21:33)pratikgr Wrote: can not complete subtitle downloading. it just hangs there.
Here is the Log http://pastebin.com/Y3PDQVkz

Can you please help me out here

seems like OpenSubtitles failed to download, do other services work?
Same issue with other service
try setting the local folder for your subtitles under addon settings
Hai amet,

Ondertitel.com does not work any more. No result on any movie. I think there is change in their website?
I have emailed to the scriptmaker.
Hi there,

I've a little problem that's probably easy to reproduce and to fix: my movie file system is read-only. Therefore, I'd like to download and use subtitles, but from a temporary directory (whatever it is I don't care). Currently, this addon downloads successfully but fails to copy to destination (since it's read-only) and therefore fails to set a correct subtitle file to the video player.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks guys!

Cheers.
(2012-06-28, 23:38)jdanjou Wrote: Hi there,

I've a little problem that's probably easy to reproduce and to fix: my movie file system is read-only. Therefore, I'd like to download and use subtitles, but from a temporary directory (whatever it is I don't care). Currently, this addon downloads successfully but fails to copy to destination (since it's read-only) and therefore fails to set a correct subtitle file to the video player.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks guys!

Cheers.

Look for save subtitles in movie folder in addon settings, deselect that and set the local folder
Hi amet can you tell me how to set local folder? I dont see under advance setting of subtitles
Hello amet,

hope I'm posting to the appropriate thread. I'm "RedjV" on GitHub, the user that sent to you two commits for french translation Wink.

Here are small issues I'd like to help fixing in the near future:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Make localizable some english texts that are hardcoded
There is a little number of hardcoded english texts in the add-on:
a. in settings.xml (strings like "Napiprojekt.pl (Polish/English subs only)" )
b. in a few libs for subtitles services (using msg() or return string, for exemple LegendasDivx/service.py lines 125, 271)

2. Ordering of the list of languages, when localized
The order of the languages, in the add-on settings, is hardcoded in settings.xml, based on alphabetical order for those languages'
names written in english. But once localized, the languages names may change a lot, and then the list can be misordered.
For exemple, in french, "Korean" is written "Coreen", "Dutch" is called "Neerlandais", "Farsi" = "Persan", etc (+accents).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Questions:
=> As xbmc and its add-ons will migrate soon to a new localization method (if I understand correctly), maybe it's better to wait before trying to fix those issues ?
=> About issue 2., I wonder how it can be fixed, as I guess there's no dynamic mecanism for treating that XML file. Do you have an idea ?

Another question about adding new subtitle service
=> Are there guidelines/rules to follow, in order to contribute code for adding a provider ?

Thank you for your help

My best regards, and thank you for that great add-on !
Regis.
@amet,
setting local folder worked for subtitles. Thanks
I'm having some problems downloading subtitles. I'm currently working with a new setup with XBMC on a HTPC connected to a new NAS unit (Synology DS1512+). Sharing happens over SMB (user and password protected).

When I try to download subtitles, it just says "Downloading subtitles" and then nothing happens. The addon is configured to store the subtitle files in the movie folder on the NAS but no file appears. Any ideas?

Log: http://pastebin.com/MtfEbijU

EDIT: Added new log as the old one expired.
Fix my issue on Ubuntu:

delete all the contents on the directory:
/home/your_home/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp

I guess it was a bad file there
(2012-06-30, 21:47)Peligrozo Wrote: I'm having some problems downloading subtitles. I'm currently working with a new setup with XBMC on a HTPC connected to a new NAS unit (Synology DS1512+). Sharing happens over SMB (user and password protected).

When I try to download subtitles, it just says "Downloading subtitles" and then nothing happens. The addon is configured to store the subtitle files in the movie folder on the NAS but no file appears. Any ideas?

somehow it fails to save the "C:\\Users\\HTPC\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.xbmc.subtitles\\sub_tmp\\zipsubs.zip'" .... does it fail on other services?

(2012-07-03, 21:54)amet Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 21:47)Peligrozo Wrote: I'm having some problems downloading subtitles. I'm currently working with a new setup with XBMC on a HTPC connected to a new NAS unit (Synology DS1512+). Sharing happens over SMB (user and password protected).

somehow it fails to save the "C:\\Users\\HTPC\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.xbmc.subtitles\\sub_tmp\\zipsubs.zip'" .... does it fail on other services?
Well, I must have messed something up as the script.xbmc.subtitles folder didn't exist. I uninstalled and reinstalled the addon and now it's somewhat working. The subs are downloaded quickly and moved to the folder on the NAS. However, for some reason, the subs won't show up unless I restart the movie/episode.

Debug log attached (I first started the episode, downloaded the subs, waited for a while (nothing happened), stopped the episode and then restarted it (subs showed up directly).
http://pastebin.com/FzaF8Ury

Any clues?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script6