• 49(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
Can someone rehost the pics from the original post? They are not showing up for me.. I just got harmony one and I would like to set up my XBMC with it. I'm ordering IR receiver on eBay now.. by the way, is there any difference between Dell gray/black one and HP or Dell black one? One says RC6 and other one doesn't
(2012-05-02, 02:54)henrikyo Wrote: im having some problems on bootcamp with a mac mini.

I had no problems on osx side of things, working beautifully but here nothing works. No matter what button i press the only thing that happens is the volume going up/down on the os side of things.

tried adding mce kebyoard and media center, dont work, is the reciever in the mac mini good? i mean since it works on osx, i ahve to assume so. Just seems so weird.

Hi - just been having the same issue... You need to buy an ir receiver I'm afaird as the mac one won't receive the commands from the mce remote, tried to get it working with eventghost but that wasn't receiving any commands, all working now though as I brought a cheap mce remote with ir receiver and just use my harmony remote now Smile

Hope this helps..
(2012-06-09, 21:49)cronin Wrote: Can someone rehost the pics from the original post? They are not showing up for me.. I just got harmony one and I would like to set up my XBMC with it. I'm ordering IR receiver on eBay now.. by the way, is there any difference between Dell gray/black one and HP or Dell black one? One says RC6 and other one doesn't

The pictures have been reposted here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid942798

It's always safe to pick the one that says RC6.
I've got a problem i hope a quick answer can be found, i've got my harmony one setup for xbmc as Microsoft MCE Keyboard & Microsoft MCE Remote and i've had my direction controls set to the MCE Remote. Right i decided i want to change the direction setting to use the mce keyboard so i set each one to direction up, down, left & right but for some reason when i click up, down, left or right on the remote it only comes up with an arrow on the screen and acts like a mouse is used. Any ideas people.
Did you enable 'remote sends keypresses' in XBMC settings?
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
(2012-06-21, 16:06)Silvaire Wrote: Did you enable 'remote sends keypresses' in XBMC settings?

Yep, tried it with it enabled and disabled.
Anyone know why the info button does not work in Xbmc ?
(2012-06-21, 12:49)voyagerxp Wrote: I've got a problem i hope a quick answer can be found, i've got my harmony one setup for xbmc as Microsoft MCE Keyboard & Microsoft MCE Remote and i've had my direction controls set to the MCE Remote. Right i decided i want to change the direction setting to use the mce keyboard so i set each one to direction up, down, left & right but for some reason when i click up, down, left or right on the remote it only comes up with an arrow on the screen and acts like a mouse is used. Any ideas people.

Double check the device name, and make sure it spells exactly as mentioned in this thread. I recalled coming across similar named device (Microsoft MCE ...) on Logitech website that actually provides the mouse cursor function using the Direction keys. Perhaps you have picked that device instead of the MCE Remote device.

And BTW, you don't need to use MCE Remote device at all, MCE Keyboard provides all the transport keys for XBMC (using letters). Usually people use MCE Remote device so that the Harony remote also works in other programs like Window Media Player.
(2012-06-30, 22:54)rasstar Wrote: Anyone know why the info button does not work in Xbmc ?

When you run ShowKey.exe and hit the Info button, is anything displayed? I have my Harmony set as the Oretk VRC-1100 remote and all works well.
(2012-07-01, 02:51)argh! Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 22:54)rasstar Wrote: Anyone know why the info button does not work in Xbmc ?

When you run ShowKey.exe and hit the Info button, is anything displayed? I have my Harmony set as the Oretk VRC-1100 remote and all works well.

I think I tried it before and nothing came up but it works fine in windows media center. I have the mce keyboard and remote.
(2012-07-01, 04:39)rasstar Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 02:51)argh! Wrote:

I think I tried it before and nothing came up but it works fine in windows media center. I have the mce keyboard and remote.

Which key does your MCE Keyboard device use for Info? it should be letter "I".
(2012-07-01, 23:52)bodhi Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 04:39)rasstar Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 02:51)argh! Wrote: When you run ShowKey.exe and hit the Info button, is anything displayed? I have my Harmony set as the Oretk VRC-1100 remote and all works well.

There is an info button that brings up program details in windows media center. It is the same as Ctrl+d . Works fine in media center with the remote but nothing's happens in Xbmc .
(2012-07-02, 05:05)rasstar Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 23:52)bodhi Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 04:39)rasstar Wrote: I think I tried it before and nothing came up but it works fine in windows media center. I have the mce keyboard and remote.

There is an info button that brings up program details in windows media center. It is the same as Ctrl+d . Works fine in media center with the remote but nothing's happens in Xbmc .

That's what I meant! the Info key in XBMC is the letter "I". So if you go into Harmony setup for the MCE Keyboard, the Info key should be set to letter "I".
(2012-07-02, 05:05)rasstar Wrote: There is an info button that brings up program details in windows media center. It is the same as Ctrl+d . Works fine in media center with the remote but nothing's happens in Xbmc .

Does pressing i or ctrl-D on the keyboard display the Info. If not, the problem isn't the remote.
I have a HP IR and a logitech 650 remote...I programmed it using the keys which my keyboard uses...

There isn't really lag...but sometimes its too fast! sometimes I press a button and it treats it like I pressed it twice...

If I am holding down it sort of only goes one by one by one and then sometimes it goes into the uber fast mode where it runs down the page...but then it normally stops after 3 seconds...even if I am still holding the down button

Any tips?

Also is there a way I can press a button to auto start XBMC if it's not open?
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13