• 36(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
HDMI Audio even supports more than 2 ch? for me it works perfectly, SPDIF no idea because i have a tablet.
von fritz, not much point having the SPDIF if it's only 2 channel stereo, might as well just use speakers in TV through HDMI.

If people want a fully working system with hardware acceleration and full surround sound, then A10 devices are not for you..........you should then look at a Zotac box instead.

I had high hopes, for my Mele A2000 box but i will be selling mine very soon, as i really don't think it will be a fully working solution with XBMC, even in the next 6 months.
(2012-07-12, 10:48)Ribuck Wrote: I am starting to get slightly dubious about the whole A10 / Mele port, to the point that i have bought a Raspberry Pi.

I can understand, I actually already have a Raspberry Pi. It is a decent little board and I have run OpenELEC and Raspbmc on it. I've actually used it to do some useful work, and the coolest thing about it was everyone else in the house with iPhones started AirPlaying to it before I even knew that worked. I think if I could switch the DB to a MySQL server elsewhere on my network, a lot of the odd and ends slowness would disappear.

But right now, there is no MPEG2 Decoding in the VPU due to licensing. Most of my world is MPEG2, 7TB of DVDs and all my LiveTV. I don't know about the BD ISOs yet. I don't know when or if the Foundation will ever make this available -- there have been lots of discussions on the forums that diminish my expectation that it will ever be available.

(2012-07-12, 10:48)Ribuck Wrote: The reason i'm starting to think this way is that i don't understand how other hardware platforms like the Cubox came along later and yet have seem to have managed tangible results and have shown working demo's of the actual hardware running xbmc to some extent, which is something we have not seen with any A10 platform.

I'm not sure about the CuBox timeline, I think it became available before the RPi. I think each of the offerings (OMAP, ATV, Tegra, lots more) are pushing the ARM coding envelope further and further. Some things translate into improvements for all XBMC releases under ARM.

(2012-07-12, 10:48)Ribuck Wrote: I think the other than ATV's running xbmc with hardware acceleration, the only other platform i can think of is the Snowball board which uses the A9

It's just a shame that Allwinner themselves aren't actively getting involved in helping the Opensource community with drivers issues, as this would benefit so many people, and not just people wanting XBMC.

I can't say how involved Allwinner is or is not. I am not assuming that the dearth of communication is a lack of cooperation. The XBMC project has been pretty vocal in the past when something: "Will Never Work, stop Asking" and we aren't there yet.

The reason I am not hacking ATVs is because at their heart, Apple does not want me in their hardware .. and any effort I make to use their hardware in the ways I want they are going to actively work against. At some point Apple will have a version that we will have no use for.

So I got a RPi, and I've ordered a Mele A1000. I'll try to remain hopeful. They have a certain minimum utility function that I can use them for (like my Old WD TV Live Plus) while I wait for something better and any XBMC goodness is just awesome.
No matter what happens with the A10 MELEs, there are a lot of very promising ARM devices in the pipe so XBMC on ARM will be the future (power-saving, cheap, small).
I'm using my Mele with Ubuntu server and it is great for a ~5W device.

For example this one could be another great platform for XBMC
(4-core+Mali400+1GB RAM) : http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/07/11/h...ent-board/

I bet there will also be a lot of cheap Tegra 3 devices soon :-)
Quote:supports 1080p via HDMI cable (H.264+AAC based MP4 container format)

Thanks, but no, thanks.

There is more than one path to enlightenment.
Very deep. Have you been eating Chinese food tonight and opened up some fortune cookies lol Wink
(2012-07-12, 15:14)von fritz Wrote: For me the SPDIF turns on, only 2 channels, but turns ON Big Grin better than nothing.

Ah that is amusing. So it is a stereo only device. Question is then if it is a hardware limit, or software.

Stereo only is not acceptable for me. I mean, in the kids room as a toy maybe, but not a mediaplayer. Just my opinion.

(2012-07-12, 15:21)Shivansps Wrote: HDMI Audio even supports more than 2 ch?

Not sure if serious or sarcastic...

Yes, HDMI can pass-through the audio. Even TrueHD and DTS-MA at some serious bitrates. It is how you are "supposed" to connect things. In that, most high-end AMPs come with multiple HDMI-In, and the one HDMI-out to your tv.

Hi everybody, im posting this from my mele a2000 i recieved this morning. On android 2.x I could not get audio passthrough to work but after upgrading to 4.0 it works great. All videos I tried worked with hardware decoding, only mpeg2 needed software decoding for sound and made the video choppy. It is a great device, but video playback is better on my mede8er 500x2. Maybe due to upscaling. Andthe mele f10 remote is great.

If the xbmc team needs to test roms, just let me know, im happy to help.
That's odd as I'm on the official ICS release and SPDIF is not working for me. It does output in stereo but only if the source is stereo, otherwise it's mute. For example, I can hear the menu clicks as I move up and down but if I play a film with DTS I get nothing. I figured it was just one of those things that would get sorted when switching to Linux/XBMC later on. I haven't tried audio through the HDMI cable as my Pioneer amp only supports video via HDMI.
@Tann San, you need the audio patch:
see HERE
at least you hear something Big Grin

bye
* davilla changes his sunglasses for a pair with welding lens, it's going to get very bright.
(2012-07-13, 23:20)davilla Wrote: * davilla changes his sunglasses for a pair with welding lens, it's going to get very bright.

It's not that big of a Class X Solar Flare with associated CME.

Cool Huh Nerd Eek Rofl
can you say supernova ?
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15