• 42(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-07-17, 17:04)davilla Wrote: Lets move the Xios DS discussion elsewhere please, this thread topic is A10.

That is a great point. The A10 series have a few versions of linux and a few versions of Android that you can flash to them. Does the HW Codec acceleration stand a better chance under Android or the Linux? Do the difference help to figure out how to make one or the other better? I've seen several tool chains that folks are using... Where should I start to play with this?

It was pretty easy under the Pi to try various things. This looks like a bit more of an advanced exercise.

Sorry guys, I normally not spam my site around, but this is important !!!

http://www.j1nx.nl/2012/07/17/xbmc-suppo...allwinner/

We need your help.
I've voted and sent email, least I could do Wink
(2012-07-17, 21:33)Ribuck Wrote: I've voted and sent email, least I could do Wink

+1
Wow, I am shocked at the way some users have been pushing the Devs. Gimli and all the others working hard on various ARM platforms have done some amazing things, and all in their spare time. The A10 appears to be a platform that has much potential, but at this specific point that potential is all on paper because of certain constraints. I really do love following the A10 news in this thread (There is so much hardware utilizing the A10... It boggles my mind how many devices have been brought to market with it), and I do believe someday the atmosphere will be such that a lot of work can be done on the A10 to being XBMC to it. However in the meantime I feel prudence is necessary. Let the Devs work and let us all make XBMC the best it can be.

Slice

P.S. As a small aside, I am extremely pleased with the progress of the Android port, It came out of nowhere and certainly made me smile when I saw the announcement. Additionally I can totally understand some of the issues Devs are having with getting proper access to libraries and documentation, I am amazed at what has be done with the resources available right now. In all truth, most hardware companies don't understand the benefits of an open software model. This is an issue industry wide...I attend UCSD and Qualcomm sponsors a ton of research projects there, and even in that type of ideal situation getting comprehensive documentation and access to fully functional libraries and or source code is like pulling teeth! Lots of the software is only delivered in binary form and documentation is often sparse...companies think of everything as a "trade secret", and this is the real issue (In addition to the convoluted licensing associated with most technologies)... The Devs here would be considered end users for the most part so information is even more sparse. The reason so much progress has been made on the Pivos boxes is no doubt because they are an OEM and chip makers are more inclined to supply them with technical information and software, and it is often hard for them (Look at Rasberry Pi - and they have a guy on the "inside") to get what information they want. For those who are impatient, find an OEM making A10 gear, convince them to sponsor the development of XBMC for A10, and go from there....With the support of an OEM AllWinner would probably be more inclined to provide technical data and software because the request would be coming from a "paying customer" and not just joe schmo dude on the internet.
I sent them an email also j1nx
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
+1
(2012-07-17, 18:15)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: Any plans to support Airplay on XBMC for android? I see you guys removed the networking section of the Systems Menu.. Also it only lets you choose one background now instead of separate ones for each section like on the ATV2 Sad

That's just the new changes to the skin if you update your ATV or any other xbmc install you will all be the same as for the network tag its been renamed "SERVICES"
(2012-07-17, 23:34)Jezz_X Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 18:15)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: Any plans to support Airplay on XBMC for android? I see you guys removed the networking section of the Systems Menu.. Also it only lets you choose one background now instead of separate ones for each section like on the ATV2 Sad

That's just the new changes to the skin if you update your ATV or any other xbmc install you will all be the same as for the network tag its been renamed "SERVICES"

I have my ATV2 on the newest update (11.0.4 - but maybe you are referring to the nightlies?) and it still has the "networking" option with the airplay radio tick, plus the ability to change the GUI with seperate backgrounds.. Perhaps I need to install the confluence skin to my mk802?
(2012-07-17, 21:21)j1nx Wrote: Sorry guys, I normally not spam my site around, but this is important !!!

We need your help.

Nicely done. Let's also see if we can get this happening on twitter (to really get the email/vote count up):

https://mobile.twitter.com/geggog/status...0200904704

Retweet away peeps!
(2012-07-18, 00:00)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 23:34)Jezz_X Wrote:

I have my ATV2 on the newest update (11.0.4 - but maybe you are referring to the nightlies?) and it still has the "networking" option with the airplay radio tick, plus the ability to change the GUI with seperate backgrounds.. Perhaps I need to install the confluence skin to my mk802?

Indeed it was changed in the code 3 months ago after eden so is only in the nightlies https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/857
Does anyone know where the XBMC.frappliance folder is located in android or if it even exists? Ive looked all over with no luck
(2012-07-18, 04:18)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: Does anyone know where the XBMC.frappliance folder is located in android or if it even exists? Ive looked all over with no luck

Ahhhh, XBMC.frappliance is an ATV2 thing. Android is not ATV2 Smile
Confused
(2012-07-18, 04:31)davilla Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 04:18)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: Does anyone know where the XBMC.frappliance folder is located in android or if it even exists? Ive looked all over with no luck

Ahhhh, XBMC.frappliance is an ATV2 thing. Android is not ATV2 Smile

Doh! Well I figured it out I just ended up copying the confluence skin from my atv2 and placed it in the addons folder now I'm back to the good old classic skin with my separate backgrounds haha where might I be able to find the default confluence skin tho incase I wanted to switch it out?

(2012-07-17, 21:21)j1nx Wrote: Sorry guys, I normally not spam my site around, but this is important !!!

We need your help.

Email sent j1nx....
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15