• 59(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
(2012-07-19, 19:40)kflanagan73 Wrote: I am having an issues with Free Cable Add-On for my Apple TV. I can see all the menus and sub menus (including screen shot of the episode I want to watch). However, when I click to watch either nothing happens (I get a script erro that says to check the log) or the intial screen shows for about 2 seconds then kicks me back out to the menu. My Free cable has automatically updated several times but none of the issues have been resolved.

Any help would greatly be appreaciated. I am not a tech genius but hope I can resolve with a little help. I love this add on and it so much easier to use than hunting through naxi x. Everything worked fine until about 2 months ago.

Sounds like you need to update your librmtp

Sounds like you need to update your librmtp
[/quote]

How would I go about doing that.
(2012-07-19, 21:17)kflanagan73 Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 20:19)karmaj Wrote: Sounds like you need to update your librmtp

How would I go about doing that.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Librtmp

However, I recommend going the debug log (wiki) route first (outlined above) to see what the actual problem is before making a change to your system.
You can always make a backup of your current librmtp and try the new one. I had the the exact same issue you are having and it was resolved with the one outlined above. Anytime I update xbmc, I have to replace the old librmtp with the new one. If you make a backup, it won't hurt anything to try it.
Can anyone please help me? Its not working for me Sad

23:14:16 T:113246208 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.free.cable/?url="mgid%3Auma%3Avideolist%3Amtv.com%3A1687162"&mode="mtv"&sitemode="play"]
23:14:42 T:804737024 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 6
23:14:42 T:804737024 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
23:14:42 T:150675456 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:14:42 T:150675456 ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib/_common.py:11: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
import md5
23:14:43 T:150675456 NOTICE: common.args
23:14:43 T:150675456 NOTICE: {'url': 'mgid:uma:videolist:mtv.com:1687162', 'sitemode': 'play', 'mode': 'mtv'}
23:14:43 T:150675456 NOTICE: addoncompat.py: XBMC Revision not available - Version String: 11.0 Git:20120702-f3cd288
23:14:43 T:150675456 NOTICE:

start of FREE CABLE plugin
23:14:43 T:150675456 NOTICE: FREE CABLE --> common :: getRedirect :: url = http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:v...om:1687162
23:14:43 T:150675456 NOTICE: FREE CABLE --> common :: getURL :: url = http://www.mtv.com/player/embed/AS3/conf...&ver=prime
23:14:43 T:150675456 NOTICE: FREE CABLE --> common :: getURL :: url = http://www.mtv.com/player/includes/media...om:1687162
23:14:43 T:150675456 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
23:14:43 T:150675456 ERROR: Error Contents: local variable 'rtmpurl' referenced before assignment
23:14:43 T:150675456 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/default.py", line 68, in <module>
modes ( )
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/default.py", line 64, in modes
exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib/mtv.py", line 189, in play
stacked_url += rtmpurl.replace(',',',,')+' , '
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'rtmpurl' referenced before assignment
23:14:43 T:113246208 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.free.cable/?url="mgid%3Auma%3Avideolist%3Amtv.com%3A1687162"&mode="mtv"&sitemode="play"]
(2012-07-20, 05:16)Mar22 Wrote: Can anyone please help me? Its not working for me Sad
  • State which channel/show/episode you were trying to watch when it failed.
  • Enable debugging in XBMC and re-create the error.
  • Do not post logs directly here in the forums. Post just the URL link to the log you uploaded to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com
  • Upload the complete log file, not a snippet.
  • See this post for details.

I installed this last night and I love it. What a great job. This is truly an incredible add-on.

The only problem I'm having is that when I go into a channel all the shows' icons are blank. To go around from the addon configuration I've selected 'List view' for all view modes, but it still shows them as icons when I start browsing through channels. Is there a way around that or is it some skin bug?

In any case, this is still amazing as it is, so keep up the good work.
Hi Bluecop,

First of all, thanks for updating. Can't imagine how much time it must take to keep this all working.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the proxy. It's worked great in past versions, but it looks like you did some changes to the proxy code and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong, but hoping you can point me in the right direction.

When I turn the proxy setting on, almost everything won't even load the list of shows (if I click on ABC or NBC then I get a script error. ABC and NBC do not require a proxy to work). If I turn the proxy off, ABC, NBC, AMC, Spike, and a whole bunch work perfectly. But then CBS doesn't work.

The way it used to work was that the proxy setting only affected CBS (and some others, where I added the proxy code from the cbs.py to others like thewb.py). But now it seems like the proxy setting is trying to proxy every single page load, not just the plugins that need a proxy.

Hope that made sense.

Here is an xbmc.log that I captured with the proxy setting turned off:
http://pastebin.com/ZsAPrKkr
You will see that I am able to see all the shows inside CBS, I can load the list of full episodes of Big Bang (but can't play the actual video). I can also completely load an episode (and play the video) of ABC's Cougar Town.

Here is an xbmc.log that I captured with the proxy settings turned on:
http://pastebin.com/1XDZ6gRd
You will see that with the proxy setting turned on (and set to a working proxy), that I can not even load the list of CBS shows, nor can I load the list of shows for ABC. I also cannot load the list of shows for almost any station, but I only captured CBS and ABC in this log.

I totally understand that this is super hard to work on when you don't actually need a proxy being that you are in the USA. I do have a little experience with modifying your code in the past to get a few more stations working by adding some of the proxy code from cbs.py to others (like thewb.py). So if you can't fix this, any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks.
teefer22: thanks for the information. I actually thought making the proxy setting global might help proxy users out. seems i just caused problems.

It used to be that it would only proxy the urls that have geo-checks in CBS. I don't know which requests in the other station code needed a proxy so I just made the proxy setting global where all requests made would use the proxy. The logs seem to indicate that the requests are timing out for site html pages with the proxy.

If you could tell me which requests to proxy in the stations then I could proxy only those requests. I could proxy to an IP outside the US and then figure out which requests need a proxy but it is more work then I really want to do.

Update
I also did HGTV and a Crackle station. I haven't committed them. I also want to do something for PBS. I know some plug-ins already exist but I want to be able to do library export with their site content. I am still working on library export. It is frustrating identifying the episode correctly on a few stations.

I want to add an All Movies similar to All shows to list full movies from the stations.

Discovery owned channels are using a streaming method like Nat Geo so they drop when played. It isn't DRM but just a complicated http streaming method. The flv is delivered over http but has embedded tokens and information used to to report back to the server. If these requests aren't made then the stream drops. I am working on a solution involving a local proxy. I found some simple python proxy code that dumps the data going through it. I want to have XBMC connect through this local python proxy to the so it can look for the needed data and make the proper requests. This is a bigger more complicated project though that will take some time. It just involved a lot of things I have never done before.

(2012-07-20, 19:23)BlueCop Wrote: Update
I also did HGTV and a Crackle station. I haven't committed them. I also want to do something for PBS. I know some plug-ins already exist but I want to be able to do library export with their site content. I am still working on library export. It is frustrating identifying the episode correctly on a few stations.

I came on here to request HGTV and I see this Big Grin

My wife will be very excited. Thanks

PS. The current HGTV addon works half the time. About half the episodes link to the top category, putting you in a browsing loop
I can for sure make a list of what we need to proxy so that we can proxy only those requests. I'll work on that. Is there an easy way for me to remove (or stop) free cable from proxying globally so that I can work on what specifically needs to be proxied?

EDIT: Nevermind bluecop, i figured it out. I'm now making a list of what works with no proxy, what doesn't work, and what can be fixed by proxying specific requests.
Ok, I appreciate everyone's advise earlier and I tried to do what you asked but apparrently I am a bigger computer idiot than I realized. I can't find the error log in XMBC. I tried to enable debugging and all I get some numbers in the upper right hand corner of my screen. They change when I do tasks but I never found a log to upload. Also I tried to reset my libertmp but I can't find anything in settings that allows me to upload or reset anything. I unintalled free cable and reinstalled and I still can't watch anything. Should I be doing all these steps within the XMBC programming or via the internet on my apple TV. Any help in getting this add on to work would be greatly appreciated.
(2012-07-23, 02:02)kflanagan73 Wrote: Ok, I appreciate everyone's advise earlier and I tried to do what you asked but apparrently I am a bigger computer idiot than I realized. I can't find the error log in XMBC.
Did you do what I said in my previous post?
(2012-07-19, 19:51)artrafael Wrote: Click the debug log (wiki) link in my previous post or this post,
Read the section that's entitled "Location" and look for your platform in the table to determine the location of the xbmc.log file.
Ok I think I have step 1 done. Here is the link to the log I created when I tried to watch Free Cable:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5460
Looks like karmaj's suggestion to update librtmp may be the way to go. See this wiki page for details and look in the section for your platform: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Librtmp
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10