Does anyone know what this means
I have this error in my log file and I am also experiencing problems with only a portion of my shows are being scanned into the database I have to scan the each by hand to detect

Iam running Openelec 1.95.5 with a MySQL sync database and sharing using NFS to my windows home server 2011

I found this error repeated on several shows in my log

05:41:42 T:2736773952   ERROR: Delete - Error( unlink call failed with "NFS: REMOVE of //XBMC SYNC DATABASE/5ecadd13.tbn failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)" )

Also getting this

Query: insert into files (idFile,idPath,strFileName) values(NULL, 714, 'Rizzoli & Isles.3x01.What Doesn�t Kill You.mp4')
16:10:02 T:2934188864   ERROR: AddFile unable to addfile ()
16:10:02 T:2934188864   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1366)
                                            Query: insert into files (idFile,idPath,strFileName) values(NULL, 714, 'Rizzoli & Isles.3x01.What Doesn�t Kill You.mp4')
16:10:02 T:2934188864   ERROR: AddFile unable to addfile ()
16:10:02 T:2934188864   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1366)

Here is my full log if some could tell me what this is and how to fix it

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5199
The issue is NFS is not returning a UTF8 file path.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-19, 00:06)jmarshall Wrote: The issue is NFS is not returning a UTF8 file path.

how do i fix this?
You see whether libnfs or whatever it is gives any indication of the encoding to expect.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jm - i'm not aware of issues with that. Could this be server side?

NFS on Windows - i will never understand why people are doing this tbh.

Keep the windows world on its protocols (smb) and the unix world on unix protocols (nfs).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz: Well, you're currently assuming that whatever it gives you is going to be utf8. I don't know whether it is or isn't. One presumes there's some documentation on it somewhere Smile

I think i am going to give it one more attempt i was looking at HaneWin which people use for setting up NFS on windows 7 and XP and i noticed it has an option in it to set the encoding to UTF-8 i might try using this and uninstall the NFS server on WHS and see if running through that it might work

granted the HaneWin only has a 30 day trial but will see if it works first
(2012-07-19, 09:53)Memphiz Wrote: jm - i'm not aware of issues with that. Could this be server side?

Keep the windows world on its protocols (smb) and the unix world on unix protocols (nfs).

Hi Memphiz - I've seen you say this a few times. We're not doing it for fun, we're doing it because it is measurably faster than smb...the initial connecting is quicker, as it the actual throughput - I've measured it on a few platforms (Live, Ubunutu, Openelec - connecting back to Win7 64 server running hanwein) - and certainly with system mounted NFS it's *much* quicker - the most noticeable is when browsing really long lists of files (e.g. you have holiday photos - the thumbs load vastly quicker over nfs than smb). Even on big files, just do a copy over both smb and nfs from a windows server and NFS will consistently provide significantly higher throughput (well, on quite a few people's systems anyways). NFS via Hanewin has been used by legions over media player users for many years now to get better than SMB performance - see for instance http://www.technazgul.com/2011/02/nfs-vs...media.html

Also, the never ending SMB freeze bug (many other threads too) - was what first pushed me over....I have found NFS to be a lot more stable, even on windows...but then I also found I couldn't reliably stream 720p HD stuff over EthernetOverPower gadgets using SMB - but no problem with 1080p over NFS. Maybe it's some sort of overall robustness issue in the protocol - I've got no idea really why, just that it's measurable and quicker...

Anyway, just thought I'd explain why....it's not just for sport.... Wink - but a huge thankyou for your internal NFS support work, it's made it much easier than having to much about with system mounts, path subs etc - just point as server and go, it's great!

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-07-19, 13:07)bossanova808 Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 09:53)Memphiz Wrote: jm - i'm not aware of issues with that. Could this be server side?

Hi Memphiz - I've seen you say this a few times. We're not doing it for fun, we're doing it because it is measurably faster than smb...the initial connecting is quicker, as it the actual throughput - I've measured it on a few platforms (Live, Ubunutu, Openelec - connecting back to Win7 64 server running hanwein) - and certainly with system mounted NFS it's *much* quicker - the most noticeable is when browsing really long lists of files (e.g. you have holiday photos - the thumbs load vastly quicker over nfs than smb). Even on big files, just do a copy over both smb and nfs from a windows server and NFS will consistently provide significantly higher throughput (well, on quite a few people's systems anyways). NFS via Hanewin has been used by legions over media player users for many years now to get better than SMB performance - see for instance http://www.technazgul.com/2011/02/nfs-vs...media.html

Also, the never ending SMB freeze bug (many other threads too) - was what first pushed me over....I have found NFS to be a lot more stable, even on windows...but then I also found I couldn't reliably stream 720p HD stuff over EthernetOverPower gadgets using SMB - but no problem with 1080p over NFS. Maybe it's some sort of overall robustness issue in the protocol - I've got no idea really why, just that it's measurable and quicker...

Anyway, just thought I'd explain why....it's not just for sport.... Wink - but a huge thankyou for your internal NFS support work, it's made it much easier than having to much about with system mounts, path subs etc - just point as server and go, it's great!

this is correct it is much faster i even created a youtube video to display the difference for me hence why i am going through all this trouble to switch to NFS

You got me wrong. I'm not ranting against the usage of NFS here you know? ^^

I know its superior - its just i'm allergic to NFS bugs when they come up with Windows servers (because i don't really like to dig into these because my Windows environment is annoying (virtual mashine and a mess)).

So its just some sort of self defense like "its something in the fuckin Windows - can't be my XBMC implementation" Wink

What my statement really should mean is. If you want to use NFS use an unix/linux server. (but thats my personal opinion of course).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-07-19, 15:13)Memphiz Wrote: You got me wrong. I'm not ranting against the usage of NFS here you know? ^^

I know its superior - its just i'm allergic to NFS bugs when they come up with Windows servers (because i don't really like to dig into these because my Windows environment is annoying (virtual mashine and a mess)).

So its just some sort of self defense like "its something in the fuckin Windows - can't be my XBMC implementation" Wink

What my statement really should mean is. If you want to use NFS use an unix/linux server. (but thats my personal opinion of course).

i understand what you are saying and it does appear that the built in NFS setup in Windows is crap i think that is what was causing all the problems because i am currently running HaneWIN NFS server and it has an option in it to set encoding to UTF-8 which of course i did set it do i have now setup shares using that and have setup mysql to sync the library and it is currently scanning in my shows

before with the windows NFS service it would stop after about 45 shows (I have around 230 total) with the NFS setup through HaneWIN it is currently up to 78 shows and still going with no hiccups so far

i am currently scanning it in on a xbmc install on my windows 7 machine because i am at the computer so i am leaving it running in the background i have yet to test it on Openelec which is the Main test i want to try as that is what i use for my xbmc setups if successful on that i will post here hopefully using HaneWIN is a possible solution granted it is shareware and the price is a bit steep at around 29 euros for a license so i want to make sure i fully test it out if i am going to spend that kind of money (about $35 AUD)

however i do not know of any free alternatives apart from the windows service mentioned above

here is the options for HaneWIN i have setup currently

Openelec ... you really hit the jackpot with NFS problems in the past ... lets hope the best.
@protocol77 I am using OE with hanewin with no issues, I think you'll be fine - they bumped libnfs not long ago and it seems steady since then, works functionally the same as my Windows box.

Some notes on your Hanewin setup:

Screen 1 - 32 threads seems rather a lot. The default is 4, one would think 8 or even 16 is ample - any particular reason you went to 8 * the standard amount?

Chunk size - 32K would seem sensible but xbmc seems to use 8192/8192 by default according to my debug logs, I haven't seen it use higher but I've only checked a fair while ago - if you turn on debug logging do you ever see higher?

Allow mount of remote devices does not need to be ticked (even if you're moutning locally with fstab etc.) - I don't think it means what it seems to mean. A lot of people tick the 'reset inode' thingy as it tends to clean things out better but it can mean you have to reboot your xbmc boxes if you reboot the server.

Re: the license, I have long since got oneand got more than my $s worth, but I also know that it's very generous about working beyond the official time period - at least a year + friends tell me, although it does apparently get cranky eventually. But personally I think it's a very fast, easy, stable part of my xbmc experience to $35 is well worth it.

@Memphiz - any way to set the chunk size (advanced settings maybe?) or encourage it to larger? Does it probe this at all, or jsut default to 8K?

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@bossanova808 i went with these setting based of a post i saw with someone giving instructions on how they setup their OE box i have no idea what have of this stuff means i just put in and ticked what he did cause he said it was working with his machine

this is the thread i got my info for the screens above from
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=838883&page=2

i have set this up and it appears to be working i scanned in the majority of my shows and i did not notice it stopping at all so it appears to be working and the Windows NFS service looks like it really sucks compared to this small but efficient piece of software

i will change the settings as per you mentioned above as you seem to know what you are talking about i have read your site on mysql tweaks that was linked on the wiki for syncing thumbnails Smile

i actually will have to check if all my shows scanned in as i stupidly started the process at 3am cause i just wanted to test it but i fell asleep at some point LOL Smile
so will have to turn the machine on and see if it has them all there now

BTW i haven't restarted the server since i set it up is there anything i need to set to make sure it starts on boot up if i need to reboot at some stage (usually stays on 24/7)

finally with the software when you buy the license does it stay valid with future updates of the software or do you have to purchase a new license if you want to upgrade and do you recieve the license details straight after you pay or does it take a while
(2012-07-20, 02:22)bossanova808 Wrote: @Memphiz - any way to set the chunk size (advanced settings maybe?) or encourage it to larger? Does it probe this at all, or jsut default to 8K?

Its probing it already. No further comment about hanewin Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does anyone know what this means0