Globally set movie set view
After some searching, I've found this asked specifically in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131152

However, I thought I'd link it & ask specifically here as Nox is a skin that handles movie sets & there's no real answer one way or the other in the previous thread as it doesn't state what skin is being used. Is there any way currently (or plans in the future) to have the ability to set a view globally across ALL "sets" within Aeon Nox?

Cheers guys,

Mungo.
no.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Awesome.
The original question in the link confuses me, because on Nox the viewtype is saved. Once I set a 'view' in movie view, it stays that way for all movies. Same with TV Shows and so forth.

I might be confused what's being asked, but if I'm reading it correctly - then all you have to do is set it once. Plus, you can go to settings and disable the views you never use...disable all but one and you have, sort of, a global view.
I think hes only talking about "sets" ie if you have all the harry potter films it will combine them all under one heading, however if you set a view for this collection it will not be the same in your collection of star wars films.
(2012-07-20, 08:25)donkee69 Wrote: I think hes only talking about "sets" ie if you have all the harry potter films it will combine them all under one heading, however if you set a view for this collection it will not be the same in your collection of star wars films.

Ahh. Hmm I have about 15 sets and it does, unless of course this is about the addon movie sets, in which case I wouldn't know!!
(2012-07-20, 11:54)fional Wrote:
(2012-07-20, 08:25)donkee69 Wrote: I think hes only talking about "sets" ie if you have all the harry potter films it will combine them all under one heading, however if you set a view for this collection it will not be the same in your collection of star wars films.

Ahh. Hmm I have about 15 sets and it does, unless of course this is about the addon movie sets, in which case I wouldn't know!!

I have 100+ sets and manage them manually (takes about 1hr to set artwork and viewtype to each from a fresh install - which is not a problem) as I use landscape for sets
with completed logos and lowlist for others so actually adds to the versatility of nox
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!

This is correct - viewtypes are saved globally for Movies and TV etc. once configured on 1 movie or TV show - however "moviesets" (box sets) views are required to be set individually for every single boxset/movieset.

(2012-07-20, 15:45)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-07-20, 11:54)fional Wrote:

I have 100+ sets and manage them manually (takes about 1hr to set artwork and viewtype to each from a fresh install - which is not a problem) as I use landscape for sets
with completed logos and lowlist for others so actually adds to the versatility of nox

Yeah, my movieset collection is also around the 150 mark, but it took me far longer than an hour to set the thumbnail, change the view and the sorting style for them all.

Movie set functionality is a fantastic addition and ability of a skin. In having said that, I do realise it's in the early stages currently which is why 99%, well 100% really is a manual chore, hence the question of whether or not further organisational functionality is planned for future builds etc. ... perhaps moving forward this should be a question directed at XBMC as a whole, rather than just a skin function.

Doesn't worry me too much now as I've already configured all of mine, but if I had to do it all again - I wouldn't. All my mates see my layout & want to do it, but once they hear what I've needed to do they can't be bothered...and I don't blame them. It's just a shame that such great functionality and organisation is possible, but goes unused by the majority due to the effort required.

I would have thought there'd be some XML file somewhere that could be tweaked to manually set a viewtype to anything labelled as a set - but in having said that, I'm far from a coder, hence the question. I've used XWMM to create my sets and I'll need to do some more reading into exactly how it does it, as I've checked NFO files of my movies that are in sets, and the <set> tag has nothing in it.

Cheers,

Mungo.
What are a few hours to setup a system against people working on projects for years ?

Yeah, different attitudes isn't it
Noli illegitimi carborundum

I hope I'm not coming under fire for being ungrateful....I just want to make it very clear at no point did I whinge or complain about this. I have just asked a question regarding future plans, quite politely at that, nor did I complain about the time taken to set something up or blame it on the coders or creators. I've mentioned it's a shame others aren't willing to go to the lengths it takes to set this particular function up correctly - but that's far from a dig at Phil or Noid & quite frankly is other peoples problem.

It's the same as anything in life - it comes down to how hard you want to work for what you want. To some it's not worth the effort, others it is, and then there are those that want / expect everything handed to them for free and aren't grateful for it at all. (as mentioned - one of my friends who wanted this, but wasn't willing to spend an hour or so doing it - even after I'd already manually created a custom boxset icon for 100+ collections, is one of these people. If it's not done for him, or doesn't work exactly, 100% how he envisions it - he doesn't want to know about it, and whinges and bitches when something doesn't just "work".)

I happen to be VERY grateful to all involved in the XBMC project in whatever element they may be contributing to. It's an amazing piece of software.

No disrespect intended.

Cheers,

Mungo.
This has nothing to do with the skin. In Eden it just isn't possible. Next version of XBMC should be a lot better at handling this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn, Are you 100% sure? I found it strange this issue started happening to me after the automatic update for Aeon, prior too the update, all sets had the same list style as the primary move lists.
(2012-10-07, 01:51)edhen Wrote: Martijn, Are you 100% sure? I found it strange this issue started happening to me after the automatic update for Aeon, prior too the update, all sets had the same list style as the primary move lists.

I had thought this too, but I may have been wrong. I could test it with an older copy, but truth is I just now fix the set view as I go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Globally set movie set view0