• 3(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
ok
i understand your point and no problem with that, maybe an indicator that the library is still scanning would be nice.
i a previous post i add this wish as well :
Maybe an additional feature request : if you present poster or fanarts it would be nice to see actually the different resolutions and(or zoom in into the pictures) so we can actually choose the best picture we have ( or thing we have :-))

if i understand you right switching to the local (on this machine, ssd drive etc.) xbmc db should avoid the problem with my nas ( even if i dont recognize a problem here ) i guess it might be the BR and DVD structures that creates these tons of entries. During this entry i changed the setting and restart your app, but still no result, will let you know later.
Best Regards
Linus
(2012-07-24, 22:15)Linusorg Wrote: ok
i understand your point and no problem with that, maybe an indicator that the library is still scanning would be nice.
i a previous post i add this wish as well :
Maybe an additional feature request : if you present poster or fanarts it would be nice to see actually the different resolutions and(or zoom in into the pictures) so we can actually choose the best picture we have ( or thing we have :-))

if i understand you right switching to the local (on this machine, ssd drive etc.) xbmc db should avoid the problem with my nas ( even if i dont recognize a problem here ) i guess it might be the BR and DVD structures that creates these tons of entries. During this entry i changed the setting and restart your app, but still no result, will let you know later.
Best Regards
Linus
The indicator should be there, I will look into this problem.
Changing the size of previews and an information about the resolution was already added and will be there with the next release.

Two problems: The scanning for files and database queries/nfo reads. It takes a time until the files on your NAS have been scanned and a list of movies and tv shows is created. In a second step MediaElch checks the database or reads the nfo file to get the information.
If your NAS is slow scanning for movies takes a lot of time.

Correct handling of BluRay structures will also be added in the next release and should (in your case) speedup MediaElch.
Hi Komet,
Movies are stored on 2 QNAP TS-859 ( each: 8Bay*3TB, 2*1GB Network, Load balance RoundRobin ), 1 GB Network,
XBMC DB resides on a Macbook Pro 2010, 17", 512 SSD, 8GB Ram, 1 GB Network ( no wireless)
Ember and ViMediaManager seems to be ok with the setting.

I believe its the DVD BR Structure, specially because i got tons of tv shows as dvd as well and for streaming some organized in seasons, so tons of incorrect entries.
So lets have a look for the next version.

Indicator : a small dialog is showing up looking for movies, after some time it goes away, even if the programm is still scanning for another 5 Minutes.
Best Regards
Linus
(2012-07-25, 09:28)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
Movies are stored on 2 QNAP TS-859 ( each: 8Bay*3TB, 2*1GB Network, Load balance RoundRobin ), 1 GB Network,
XBMC DB resides on a Macbook Pro 2010, 17", 512 SSD, 8GB Ram, 1 GB Network ( no wireless)
Ember and ViMediaManager seems to be ok with the setting.

I believe its the DVD BR Structure, specially because i got tons of tv shows as dvd as well and for streaming some organized in seasons, so tons of incorrect entries.
So lets have a look for the next version.

Indicator : a small dialog is showing up looking for movies, after some time it goes away, even if the programm is still scanning for another 5 Minutes.
Best Regards
Linus
OK, your NAS is not the bottleneck. I thought of some WD MyBook Live, which is really slow. But your QNAPs should be fast enough.
Just try MediaElch 0.9.2 released right now. It should be able to handle DVD and BluRay structures.
MediaElch 0.9.2 was just released. I updated the first post with a changelog and new download links. Beside bugfixes some new features were also added.
Hi Komet,
this is far better, still some Time to read all data:
11 Minutes for 3 Movie Directories and additional 13 Minutes for TV-Episodes.
but you got most of the Movies, ember stores the methadata in the stream folder you take the bdmv folder, dont know where xbmc takes the info from ?

TV Series season folder seems to be supported right now (great work !!)!
for people with a dvd tv-episode coleection it would be awsome if you could thing about supporting structures like:
24 Season 01
24 S01E01E02E03E04
VIDEO_TS
AUDIO_TS
24 S01E05E06E07E08
VIDEO_TS
AUDIO_TS
etc.
right not looks like you get "only" the last dvd from every season.

i will restart with point media elk to the lokal xbmc db maybe this will speed up the process.

( an additional request looking at my BR collection, selecting multible entrie aka movies and rescan all selected would be very much helpfull or is there a better way to do that ? )
Best Regards and thanks for all your effort !
Linus
Switching to the XBMC DB wasn't helpfull.
I already have a nigthly from 12.0 ( Frodo) and even if i set the thumbnailfolder to usr/library/application support/xbmc/userdata/thumbnails NO poster, fanart etc. will show up.
looking at speed, there is no improvement it even feels like the scanning of the tv section will take longer while the movie section is shorten to 7 - 8 Minutes.
Thats all for tonight from my side.
thanks again for your effort
Linus
This is great, but one thing I would like to see is the ratings scraped from IMDB. They offer a far more accurate rating than themoviedb since some movies have only a handful of ratings on TMDB.
@Komet - thanks for fixing stuff - just installed 'mediaelch_0.9.2-1_amd64.deb'

Runs really well now - mp4's detected, poster and backdrop sizes show up, season folders in TV fixed.

In TVShows, some skins use both poster (fanart.jpg) and banner (folder.jpg) - could we have banner showing also.

Maybe between Poster & Backdrop ??

(LinuxMint13 x64 Cinnamon & XBMC 11.0)
(2012-07-25, 23:37)Linusorg Wrote: Switching to the XBMC DB wasn't helpfull.
I already have a nigthly from 12.0 ( Frodo) and even if i set the thumbnailfolder to usr/library/application support/xbmc/userdata/thumbnails NO poster, fanart etc. will show up.
looking at speed, there is no improvement it even feels like the scanning of the tv section will take longer while the movie section is shorten to 7 - 8 Minutes.
Thats all for tonight from my side.
thanks again for your effort
Linus
I won't support Frodo for now, caching and thumbnail algorithms have changed.
When you start MediaElch the message box in der upper right corner should say "Searching for movies", after a while the progress bar should start growing. Can you tell me what's taking the most time, message without progress bar (progress bar with value 0) or the "growing" of the progress bar?
(When searching for files the progress bar won't increase. When all movie files are found MediaElch starts loading the nfo files or database queries. That's where the progress bar starts increasing)

(2012-07-26, 00:27)ryan711 Wrote: This is great, but one thing I would like to see is the ratings scraped from IMDB. They offer a far more accurate rating than themoviedb since some movies have only a handful of ratings on TMDB.
Maybe later Wink

(2012-07-26, 01:55)teemac Wrote: @Komet - thanks for fixing stuff - just installed 'mediaelch_0.9.2-1_amd64.deb'

Runs really well now - mp4's detected, poster and backdrop sizes show up, season folders in TV fixed.

In TVShows, some skins use both poster (fanart.jpg) and banner (folder.jpg) - could we have banner showing also.

Maybe between Poster & Backdrop ??

(LinuxMint13 x64 Cinnamon & XBMC 11.0)
I'm struggling with this right now. Can somebody tell me how these files should be named? fanart.jpg is the background picture, but there are also folder.jpg, banner.jpg, poster.jpg, season-all.tbn and maybe others I don't know. I'm a little bit confused which skin uses which files...
Hi Komet,
no problem with frodo, ( early alpha so never mind, but play BR like charme:-) ), anyway most time takes the message WITHOUT progressbar, when it starts populating its rather quick

as far as i understand the banner / folder discussion
banner.jpg is reserved for banner only same as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg for the corespondent entries. folder for display in filemanager and the season-all ( in all shows list ), season01 - x ( all season list fro the specific season)
Some mediamanager will replace folder and poster with scrapped banner pictures to force banner display ( from what i saw soemtimes ).
But these are just my 2 cents here

Best Reagrsd
Linus
(2012-07-26, 12:42)Linusorg Wrote: as far as i understand the banner / folder discussion
banner.jpg is reserved for banner only same as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg for the corespondent entries. folder for display in filemanager and the season-all ( in all shows list ), season01 - x ( all season list fro the specific season)
Some mediamanager will replace folder and poster with scrapped banner pictures to force banner display ( from what i saw soemtimes ).
But these are just my 2 cents here
I played around a bit but cannot get it to work.
I placed a folder.jpg and a poster.jpg in a tv show folder but XBMC will only show the folder.jpg. Confluence and Aeon MQ3 have an option "Use poster.jpg" but checking this changed nothing. When I delete folder.jpg nothing is shown in XBMC.
There must be a way to use both, a poster and a banner...
@Komet

I use Transparency Skin (v4.05) - these are the grafix used in it by my version.

fanart.jpg - placed in the root folder of each TVShow - is the background/backdrop/wallpaper of the show. (usually 1920x1080 or 1280x720)

folder.jpg - placed in the root folder of each TVShow - is the banner shown in each season display (long flat picture with show name - usually 758x140). Can be displayed alone or with season01.tbn (DVD Covers) by the skin in season page.

season01.tbn - placed in the root folder of each TVShow - DVD cover for each season. An extra one with number changes for each additional season (usually 400x578)

season-all.tbn - placed in the root folder of each TVShow - is the generic DVD cover when no seasonxx.tbn is available from TVDB. (usually 400x578)

season-specials.tbn - placed in the root folder of each TVShow - is the DVD cover from TVDB for the specials season. (usually 400x578)

TVShowName-S01E01-episode title.tbn - placed in the Season01 folder of each TVShow - is scraped from TVDB or is self generated picture by XBMC from contents of the episode if not available. One for each episode in each season (usually 400x225)

poster.jpg - I don't use this and not sure where it is used or placed. I think it is an alternate name for season01.tbn (DVD covers) as they both use the same grafix from TVDB.

Hope this helps you a little bit.

(LinuxMint13 x64 Cinnamon - XBMC Eden 11.0)
(2012-07-18, 21:01)SlackMaster Wrote: I tried this out. It also didn't find my TV shows.

Show Title>>Season Folder>>S01E01

Same structure as most. I had it connect to my MySQL database as well as my Thumnails folder on the share. It didn't seem to pull in any information from those sources. No fanart, thumbnails or any movie information was pulled from the MySQL DB.

I too can confirm that I do not get any MySQL or thumb info when I properly link these sources. Win 7, Eden, MySQL 5
(2012-07-27, 01:22)scoombe Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 21:01)SlackMaster Wrote: I tried this out. It also didn't find my TV shows.

Show Title>>Season Folder>>S01E01

Same structure as most. I had it connect to my MySQL database as well as my Thumnails folder on the share. It didn't seem to pull in any information from those sources. No fanart, thumbnails or any movie information was pulled from the MySQL DB.

I too can confirm that I do not get any MySQL or thumb info when I properly link these sources. Win 7, Eden, MySQL 5
You're using version 0.9.2, right? What did you fill in Settings -> TV Shows (I need the exact folder names)?
Feel free to use this XBMC Wiki page as you see fit: MediaElch (wiki)

You can use it for FAQs, screen shots, whatever.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9