• 3(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
For iMON to work correctly, you need windows explorer. If you change shell, iMON won't work. In other words, you should not change shell if you have imon product.
How can i set Windows XBMC Launcher to use the command XBMC -p (portable)
(2012-07-29, 16:45)baijuxavior Wrote: The code to start windows when you exit xbmc will work with default confluence skin and other confluence based skins like 'confluence lite mode'. Just edit the exit button in DialogButtonMenu.xml of the skin as shown above in the quote or replace the DialogButtonMenu.xml with the one from XBMCLauncher installer. I have no other skins installed so don't know which xml file to edit for non confluence based skins. But you can edit the xbmclauncher .ahk file to monitor xbmc.exe and start windows when xbmc closes. I will add this option in the next version so that the load window will work with other skins also without editing any xml files.

ok thanks - wlll keep an eye out for the next release.

Cheers

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
New features added as per request from users.
v2 works great. so can everybody select what is needed.
thx 4 your work
(2012-07-31, 15:01)baijuxavior Wrote: New features added as per request from users.

Exit works perfect - thanks for your hard work buddy.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2012-07-30, 10:38)isitmeor Wrote: How can i set Windows XBMC Launcher to use the command XBMC -p (portable)

There is no option for specifying parameters in the app. But you can edit the XBMCLauncher.ahk file in the source code to add the parameter.
cheers i will give it a blast. have you not contacted a xbmc member to see if this can be inbuilt into xbmc for windows users as it might fix alot of people are having with xbmc on windows

the only thing you might want to add in a later version is that when you can set the single lose focus setting as on, my system losses focus in about 10 sec after windows boots and after that it does not loss focus so it might be an idea to be able to have a setting for that one to

cheers
(2012-08-01, 20:03)meridius Wrote: cheers i will give it a blast. have you not contacted a xbmc member to see if this can be inbuilt into xbmc for windows users as it might fix alot of people are having with xbmc on windows

the only thing you might want to add in a later version is that when you can set the single lose focus setting as on, my system losses focus in about 10 sec after windows boots and after that it does not loss focus so it might be an idea to be able to have a setting for that one to

cheers

I always wonder why xbmc developers are not including an option to set xbmc on top of other windows. Almost all media players have this feature built-in. Another feature I want from xbmc developers is the way xbmc exit is handled. If you press Alt+F4, the window will close immediately without showing any confirmation message, but the process continues to work in the background. These two features are actually easy to implement.

For your second query, give the delay to be more than 10 seconds or whatever time you want and it will trigger the focus signal at that time.
Cheers

So what your saying is

To have the lose focus check at set times you would change that to say 10 sec and it will check every 10 sec but if you then go to the check loss focus once it will use the loss focus settings which would be 10sec then after that will never check again iis that right ?

But if you set the loss focus to 0 it disables it and even if you select check focus once it would not work because I have set loss focus to 0 is that correct ?

I would contact a dev to see what they can do with your prog to see if it can become part of xbmc 12 as it would be very very usefull and would get rid of a lot of windows based systems problems.
Cheers once again
Set time to '0' second and no focus signal is sent to xbmc.
Set time to 'n' seconds and signal is repeated every 'n' seconds.
Select 'Check Focus Only Once' and signal is sent only a single time after 'n' seconds. It is not repeated thereafter.

You can test it by starting xbmc. Press Alt+Tab to focus to another window or desktop. After 'n' seconds xbmc should refocus again.
Hey, baijuxavior

thanks for great software, i've been waiting for something like this for a long time (to fix choppy playback after resuming)
I set it as shell, and it works great - no Explorer on start-up, closes XBMC on sleep and restarts it after wake-up

But after resuming it loads Explorer shell - I can see for a moment before XBMC splash screen.

Is this normal? Plus when I'm exiting XBMC after fresh boot (when there's no explorer running) - it restarts XBMC (which is fine) and loads Explorer on exit automatically (why? - i don't have Confluence and did no xml modifications)

I'd like to get rid of Explorer shell once and for all, since I don't need it and I can start it manually when needed.

Should I use V1 of XBMCLauncher or what? I only tried V2.

Thanks for the info!
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Update to my previous post

So, I've tried V1 and it works as intended when using XBMCLauncher as shell - no Explorer unless I manually start it.

Actually, I don't mind having Explorer after manually quitting the XBMC (like in V2), but there should be no Explorer loading automatically on resume, when using XBMCLauncher as shell.

Can you fix this or maybe add some setting for such cases? Thanks a lot in advance!!!
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
In version 2.0, there is an option 'Start Windows Explorer when XBMC is closed'. It is enabled by default. Please disable it and try again. If the problem exists even after changing the settings, do let me know. Before installation, uninstall current V1.0. You need explorer to view the settings menu as posted in the first page.

Edit: OK. Found the bug. Even if you disable 'Start Windows Explorer when XBMC is closed', it will start explorer on force close at sleep. I will soon update the setup file to V2.1 with bug fix.
Yay! Great! Thanks a lot!

I really dig this launcher Wink
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20